Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:43:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Poll
Question: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 169

Author Topic: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear  (Read 13923 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2019, 08:00:41 PM »
« edited: June 13, 2019, 07:17:12 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

My feelings towards Fuzzy are very complex.

For one thing, he always adds to a conversation and isn't a typical right wing troll like so many other blue avatars. On the other hand, what he contributes often consists of false equivalencies, debunked talking points, red herrings, whataboutism and so on.

Furthermore, I appreciate that he is a voter who is often still open to voting for the other party, like with how he (surprisingly) voted for both Gillum and Nelson last year. But again, it's undermined by the fact that his views on individual issues conflict with why he voted for them and other Democrats over the years. He is essentially a typical swing voter in the Trump era, and that scares the s*** out of me.

Also his posts are often excessively long.

I could go on but but I just can't come to a conclusion about whether he is a freedom fighter or horrible person. He's kind of just somewhere in between lean freedom fighter and lean horrible person, which is a pretty meaningless answer though.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2019, 11:21:49 AM »

What an Atlas thread this is - the notion that having voted for different parties at different times makes a person nuanced or thoughtful or "a nice guy, FF" is so strange. Like, it's a really strange thing to even take into consideration when evaluating someone, whether good or bad.

Joe Republic is on the money, as so often.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2019, 01:04:52 PM »

Don't agree with him on a variety of issues, but gentle and informed guy. Freedom fighter.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2019, 01:33:21 PM »

I enjoy his enlightening posts on modern US political history rather more than his ludicrous takes on current affairs which are basically "Trump = 4d chess genius, Democrats = McGovern" copy+pasted into every new thread.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2019, 08:17:23 AM »

Don't agree with him on a variety of issues, but gentle and informed guy. Freedom fighter.

Your compulsive moderate heroism is giving us cancer.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2019, 09:11:04 AM »

What an Atlas thread this is - the notion that having voted for different parties at different times makes a person nuanced or thoughtful or "a nice guy, FF" is so strange. Like, it's a really strange thing to even take into consideration when evaluating someone, whether good or bad.

But it definitely doesn't make him a hack lol.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2019, 09:47:01 AM »

I enjoy his enlightening posts on modern US political history rather more than his ludicrous takes on current affairs which are basically "Trump = 4d chess genius, Democrats = McGovern" copy+pasted into every new thread.

Yeah, Fuzzy's thoughts on ~ pre-2010 US politics is a welcome addition to the forum.  His thoughts on everything post-Trump is a whole other story.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2019, 09:57:07 AM »

Why? You can respect a person but still disagree with him (or her) on political issues as long as this person is somewhat within the democratic mainstream.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2019, 11:16:45 AM »

Why? You can respect a person but still disagree with him (or her) on political issues as long as this person is somewhat within the democratic mainstream.
Well I suppose hating immigrants is now "mainstream" now
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2019, 12:51:01 PM »

Virtually every trend in public opinion shows that positive sentiment toward immigrants is at or near an all-time high.
yet we have a racist president
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2019, 03:43:04 PM »

Virtually every trend in public opinion shows that positive sentiment toward immigrants is at or near an all-time high.

...for whom about 26% of US adults voted for just over two and a half years ago. Also, look at 1994 vs. 2019 in the chart Averroes posted, not just in terms of the 180 in public opinion but the difference between "63+31" and "62+28."

In 1994, according to that chart, 96% of poll/survey respondents were willing to give an answer to what appears to be a binary choice between a positive view of immigrants to the US and a negative view.  In 2019, it was 90% of respondents. That means that about 10% of Americans in 2019, extrapolating from that poll/survey data, have a less definitive answer to whether immigrants to the US are a positive or negative.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2019, 03:56:38 PM »

Nobody is questioning that.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2019, 04:05:16 PM »

"More people are voting based on their hatred of immigrants" is more precise and accurate than "more people hate immigrants."

Lots of people who voted for Obama (and Bill Clinton, etc.) had negative views of immigrants but didn't base their vote based on immigration stances.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2019, 07:10:42 PM »

Big FF and an asset to the forum.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2019, 12:20:30 AM »

Good takes on political history and he at leasts tries on his modern posts even if they mask Boomer tier opinions
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2019, 05:19:07 AM »

But it definitely doesn't make him a hack lol.

Well, not a partisan hack, in the narrow sense. It says a lot about contemporary US politics that this is considered remarkable.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2019, 05:52:04 AM »

President Johnson is living in the 90s bubble.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2019, 05:08:39 PM »

FWIW, Bill Clinton’s policies on immigration in the 90s were arguably closer to Trump’s than what would be permissible to many/most Democratic Party activists today.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2019, 04:19:10 AM »

I would argue that wording is a loaded question of sorts. I don't think many anti-inmigration people deny that inmigrants on the whole (or at least certain subsections) do work hard, strengthen the country and what not

A more interesting question would be "Would you like inmigration to increase, decrease or stay at current levels?"
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2019, 03:32:11 PM »

Haven't you notice President Johnson is mentally stuck in the 90s?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2019, 01:21:26 PM »

LOL, I was a kid back then and didn't follow politics. But by the end of that decade, America had a booming ecomomy, budget surplus, less gridlock and wasn't involved in a war. I'd say 2000 was one of the best years politically until Al Gore was denied the presidency (I won't say defeated).
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2019, 04:47:44 PM »

LOL, I was a kid back then and didn't follow politics. But by the end of that decade, America had a booming ecomomy, budget surplus, less gridlock and wasn't involved in a war. I'd say 2000 was one of the best years politically until Al Gore was denied the presidency (I won't say defeated).

Yes, those were flawlessly wonderful years. Never mind the mass incarceration, insane financial deregulation, "Republican Revolution", war on drugs, skyrocketing income gap and execution rates and so on. Truly a sensible, moderate paradise.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2019, 04:50:42 PM »

FWIW, Bill Clinton’s policies on immigration in the 90s were arguably closer to Trump’s than what would be permissible to many/most Democratic Party activists today.

Hell, there's only a few fairly minor differences between Trump and Obama when it comes to immigration policy. every president since Reagan has been far-right on immigration, whether their rhetoric aligned with that or not.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2019, 08:46:49 AM »
« Edited: June 23, 2019, 09:15:40 AM by 2,868,691 »

Remember when Fuzzy was doing this several times a week, rarely in threads that had anything to do with Bill Clinton or #MeToo or anything else that would make it at least somewhat on topic?

He's got a new one now. And even though he's been told repeatedly by so many people that we don't think like this, he's just projecting, and we would still support treating immigrants humanely if they were all promised to never become citizens or even to become citizens so they could vote Republican. Also note that only 1 of the 4 threads has anything to do with immigration.

I'm sure we'll see this super clever zinger pollute many more unrelated threads over the next few months.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2019, 09:18:04 AM »

Mega FF.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length