Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:26:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Poll
Question: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 169

Author Topic: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear  (Read 13853 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2019, 04:48:27 PM »

I'm still praying for him, but his craven equivocation about the institution of concentration camps for children on US soil is making me feel better and better about my HP vote by the day.

Equivocation? Sadly he's nowhere near that conflicted. He goes on quite adamantly about the propriety of locking up these kids because otherwise we'll have open borders, MS-13, destruction of the rule of law, etc etc. To him it's all their parents fault for daring to want to seek Asylum here, rather than simply staying in Mexico. As if he would have agreed that Italian immigrants should have been satisfied to stop in Ireland rather than coming to Ellis Island.

Sadly, it doesn't take much reading between the lines that he is also concerned oh, and regularly put wraps on to progressives who oppose such barbarism, that these people will potentially be citizens who will vote overwhelmingly democratic and the select politicians who will Phil what you did Sherry with people posing his hardcore right-wing social activism. So if a few thousand 5 year olds have to suffer PTSD for the rest of their lives by being separated from their families and kept in a filthy dog kennel under the gentle care of Corrections Officers oh, well, after all, in biblical times many of the town's had walls!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2019, 05:28:46 PM »

Don't agree with him on a variety of issues, but gentle and informed guy. Freedom fighter.

Your compulsive moderate heroism is giving us cancer.
LOL.

And Fuzzy is a massive HP. An apologist for rapists and racists.

Fuzzy Bear’s positions you could argue is to the left of 95-00 Clinton

I would be pretty embarrassed if somebody described me as having political views that were 25 years out of date tbh.

Fuzzy Bear is to the left of posters like Sunrise , and myself as well and is also much more of a swing voter than we are as well . Even RINO Tom whom many on here consider a liberal Republican is far more reliably Republican than Fuzzy as well.

So are you guys going to continue to try to alienate potential voters which is what you are doing here

He’s far, far right on immigration, abortion, LGBTQ issues, American nationalism, and Israel.  He’s also too old and stubborn to change those views (not that he’s obligated to do so).  The Democratic Party is a big tent, but there’s no warm welcome for any of those views in it, nor should there be.

Anyway, this is just the Atlas forum, not some Democratic campaign recruitment drive.  I for one won’t exhaust the effort required to recruit one old bigot back onto our side.

He voted for your side in 2018
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2019, 05:58:12 PM »

Don't agree with him on a variety of issues, but gentle and informed guy. Freedom fighter.

Your compulsive moderate heroism is giving us cancer.
LOL.

And Fuzzy is a massive HP. An apologist for rapists and racists.

Fuzzy Bear’s positions you could argue is to the left of 95-00 Clinton

I would be pretty embarrassed if somebody described me as having political views that were 25 years out of date tbh.

Fuzzy Bear is to the left of posters like Sunrise , and myself as well and is also much more of a swing voter than we are as well . Even RINO Tom whom many on here consider a liberal Republican is far more reliably Republican than Fuzzy as well.

So are you guys going to continue to try to alienate potential voters which is what you are doing here

He’s far, far right on immigration, abortion, LGBTQ issues, American nationalism, and Israel.  He’s also too old and stubborn to change those views (not that he’s obligated to do so).  The Democratic Party is a big tent, but there’s no warm welcome for any of those views in it, nor should there be.

Anyway, this is just the Atlas forum, not some Democratic campaign recruitment drive.  I for one won’t exhaust the effort required to recruit one old bigot back onto our side.

He voted for your side in 2018

No kidding?!  Wow, this is totally new information!

So?  Did you read anything I typed?  Voting against Prick Scott and Ron DipShitnis hardly requires courage.  The fact remains: neanderthal political views do not belong in the Democratic Party, and therefore neither does Fuzzy Bear.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2019, 06:48:49 PM »

These numbers are kind of interesting. I think this is probably a reasonable ceiling for someone whose beliefs piss off a lot of Atlas users but who is otherwise respectful and articulate.

If Fuzzy were more like an average Republican user in posting style, his FF numbers would probably crater.

Respectful?? It is the ultimate of disrespect (and well outside the mainstream, so nobody start) to believe our Jewish, Catholic, Mormon, and nonreligious posters will spend eternity burning in Hell.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2019, 06:54:52 PM »

Neutral.  Gun to my head, I’d vote FF, I guess.

I actually ended up voting HP.  His views on immigration and LGBTQ issues are a bit too much.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2019, 06:57:06 PM »

These numbers are kind of interesting. I think this is probably a reasonable ceiling for someone whose beliefs piss off a lot of Atlas users but who is otherwise respectful and articulate.

If Fuzzy were more like an average Republican user in posting style, his FF numbers would probably crater.

Respectful?? It is the ultimate of disrespect (and well outside the mainstream, so nobody start) to believe our Jewish, Catholic, Mormon, and nonreligious posters will spend eternity burning in Hell.

Religious toleration is treating people you believe will burn in Hell with respect.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2019, 07:56:49 PM »

Respectful in conversations with people is not the same as their beliefs themselves. Someone can have horrible ideas but still convey them nicely. It doesn't change who they are and what their beliefs make them, it just means they communicate it respectfully. I don't see anything wrong with making this distinction.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2019, 09:23:20 PM »

Do you know anything about Christianity at all?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2019, 11:59:31 PM »

Yes, I went to Catholic Sunday school for 12 years and have done lots of additional self-study. The idea that only Christians can go to Heaven is only believed by some conservative Evangelical denominations, despite their constant claim that it's the "default" Christian position.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2019, 12:00:26 AM »

Religious toleration is treating people you believe will burn in Hell with respect.

That's literally impossible, because it is inherently disrespectful to believe that people from other faiths are condemned to Hell.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2019, 12:04:12 AM »

Significantly more than you it seems.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2019, 12:11:36 AM »

Yes, I went to Catholic Sunday school for 12 years and have done lots of additional self-study. The idea that only Christians can go to Heaven is only believed by some conservative Evangelical denominations, despite their constant claim that it's the "default" Christian position.
I went to a Lutheran and then a Reformed school from 1999 through 2015. I would recommend you read a Bible. Jesus lays it out quite clearly.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2019, 12:18:02 AM »

I went to a Lutheran and then a Reformed school from 1999 through 2015. I would recommend you read a Bible. Jesus lays it out quite clearly.

And yet the Catholic Church, Anglican Communion, Orthodox Churches, and Mormons explicitly disagree with you. That encompasses over 70% of Christians right there, and we haven't counted all the mainline Protestants who also disagree, nor the BRTD-type Evangelicals. (I don't have exact numbers on every Protestant denomination or their explicit beliefs, but I think it's safe to say that gets us into the mid-80s.)

You can say it's "clear" until the cows come home, but the numbers say otherwise.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2019, 12:52:40 AM »

And yet the Catholic Church, Anglican Communion, Orthodox Churches, and Mormons explicitly disagree with you. That encompasses over 70% of Christians right there, and we haven't counted all the mainline Protestants who also disagree, nor the BRTD-type Evangelicals. (I don't have exact numbers on every Protestant denomination or their explicit beliefs, but I think it's safe to say that gets us into the mid-80s.)

You can say it's "clear" until the cows come home, but the numbers say otherwise.

Uh, last time I checked, Catholics and Eastern Orthodox believe that only Christians go to heaven.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2019, 02:57:55 AM »

You are either lying or have never listened to them before. If you didn't have to be christian to go to heaven, there would be no christians in 2019

And if any christian has ever said this before, they are wrong. It makes zero sense.
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2019, 06:50:56 AM »

You are either lying or have never listened to them before. If you didn't have to be christian to go to heaven, there would be no christians in 2019

And if any christian has ever said this before, they are wrong. It makes zero sense.

Old survey, but the only group most Americans hold disqualifying for Heaven is atheists, and even then it isn't a majority:

Even if it's not doctrinally correct, I can understand why. Believing good people who happen to be raised differently are doomed to the same fate as rapists and murderers is difficult to reconcile with most people's belief in a morally positive god.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2019, 07:43:51 AM »

That's literally impossible, because it is inherently disrespectful to believe that people from other faiths are condemned to Hell.

Eh.
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2019, 09:17:47 AM »

Eh.

I would say at least it is inherently disrespectful, if not morally questionable, to believe that people from other faiths are condemned to Hell and then not do your best to proselytize to them. As annoying as some people find it, I have a lot more respect for those who have enough empathy to try to save me from their version of hell than those 'tolerant' enough to 'live and let die'.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2019, 09:47:54 AM »

Uh, last time I checked, Catholics and Eastern Orthodox believe that only Christians go to heaven.

This is what I mean when I say that Evangelicals tend to think their denomination's views are the "default" Christian beliefs and are totally unaware that other Christians disagree.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2019, 12:45:59 PM »

Back to Fuzzy. I occasionally have moments of agreement with him, where he posts something refreshing. But 95% of the time he's posting overly long stuff that could easily have taken up one paragraph instead of seven. At least half of that time, he's turning a thread that isn't about abortion into a thread about abortion, or turning a thread that isn't about immigration into a thread about immigration. Of the remaining 5%, at least half is composed of him getting whiny and defensive about how he won't stop preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ to people who just wanted to have a conversation about something other than his bugaboos.

Hard HP.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2019, 02:18:48 PM »

This is what I mean when I say that Evangelicals tend to think their denomination's views are the "default" Christian beliefs and are totally unaware that other Christians disagree.

https://www.catholic.com/qa/how-can-atheists-go-to-heaven

Anyone who explicitly rejects the Gospel and the Church cannot achieve salvation.  All salvation comes from Christ and the Church is the visible sign and instrument of that salvation.

https://oca.org/orthodoxy/the-orthodox-faith/spirituality/the-kingdom-of-heaven/heaven-and-hell

For those who love the Lord, His Presence will be infinite joy, paradise and eternal life. For those who hate the Lord, the same Presence will be infinite torture, hell and eternal death. The reality for both the saved and the damned will be exactly the same when Christ “comes in glory, and all angels with Him,” so that “God may be all in all” (1 Cor 15–28). Those who have God as their “all” within this life will finally have divine fulfillment and life. For those whose “all” is themselves and this world, the “all” of God will be their torture, their punishment and their death. And theirs will be “weeping and gnashing of teeth” (Mt 8.21, et al.).
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2019, 03:55:31 PM »

Its baffling why you're arguing over this with someone who went to 12 years of Catholic Sunday School.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism_of_desire

Not to mention all the press about Pope Francis explicitly stating atheists DO go to Heaven multiple times. Basically no one of any faith "hates the Lord" or whatever nonsense point you think you're making.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2019, 05:37:53 PM »

Eh.

I would say at least it is inherently disrespectful, if not morally questionable, to believe that people from other faiths are condemned to Hell and then not do your best to proselytize to them. As annoying as some people find it, I have a lot more respect for those who have enough empathy to try to save me from their version of hell than those 'tolerant' enough to 'live and let die'.

You see, you say that now...
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2019, 05:50:43 PM »

Eh.

I strongly prefer to spend time with people who on occasion will tell me things I've already heard than with those who are indifferent to the possibility of my eternal suffering. The single theist I respect more than any other in the world is a Sunni guy I went to college with who I didn't spend too much time with, but nevertheless tried to save me from damnation nearly every time we did hang out. Sure, it got a bit old, but it was always respectful and interesting conversation, and it is miles better to spend time with someone who genuinely cares about you on some level than those who are perfectly content to let you fry for the sake of maintaining social propriety.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #124 on: June 29, 2019, 01:03:38 PM »

Eh.

I strongly prefer to spend time with people who on occasion will tell me things I've already heard than with those who are indifferent to the possibility of my eternal suffering. The single theist I respect more than any other in the world is a Sunni guy I went to college with who I didn't spend too much time with, but nevertheless tried to save me from damnation nearly every time we did hang out. Sure, it got a bit old, but it was always respectful and interesting conversation, and it is miles better to spend time with someone who genuinely cares about you on some level than those who are perfectly content to let you fry for the sake of maintaining social propriety.

Karpatsky gets it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies