Opinion of Fuzzy Bear (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:51:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Fuzzy Bear (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 169

Author Topic: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear  (Read 13958 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 24, 2019, 04:36:42 PM »

Y'all be like "Hmm he's massively bigoted in many ways and frequently derails topics to push debunked or disingenuous talking points but none of his bigoted ideas are aimed at me so I like him"
Literally nobody said that. However, a lot of us think that, you know, people with conservative views (and I don’t say ultra-conservative because he’s not ultra-conservative) aren’t bigoted because their comments about immigration shows that they don’t hate people unlike them - instead, it simply demonstrates a (in my opinion unreasonable) fear of foreigners. That and a fear for safety is very common among people of his generation.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 06:22:49 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2019, 07:57:45 PM by Kingpoleon »

Without delving into politics overly, I do want to note to Fuzzy the “real situation” for immigrants. I spoke to an immigrant from India, who came here legally and has operated his restaurant for decades, and I have verified the facts of the chain migration system. He spent 19 years in America waiting for chain migration to be applicable. During those 19 years, he could not legally visit his wife or any of his four children, who were between the ages of 1 and 7 when he immigrated to America first.

Only after that time was his family given a visa because he demonstrated a consistent source of income for fifteen consecutive years - which would be twenty if he worked for someone else - a feat not achieved by the average U. S. citizen. Furthermore, he had to demonstrate that an American citizen was not directly competing against him and his restaurant for customers. In other words, his prices must be at or higher than any competing citizen-businessman. Hence why most Indian-American immigrants either work as professionals or operate restaurants or gas stations, because those are the least likely to be seen as competing with American citizens on price.

Not really loose “chain migration” policies, Fuzzy.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 08:00:05 PM »

Without delving into politics overly, I do want to note to Fuzzy the “real situation” for immigrants. I spoke to an immigrant from India, who came here legally and has operated his restaurant for decades, and I have verified the facts of the chain migration system. He spent 19 years in America waiting for chain migration to be applicable. During those 19 years, he could not legally visit his wife or any of his four children, who were between the ages of 1 and 7 when he immigrated to America first.

Only after that time was his family given a visa because he demonstrated a consistent source of income for fifteen consecutive years - which would be twenty if he worked for someone else - a feat not achieved by the average U. S. citizen. Furthermore, he had to demonstrate that an American citizen was not directly competing against him and his restaurant for customers. In other words, his prices must be at or higher than any competing citizen-businessman. Hence why most Indian-American immigrants either work as professionals or operate restaurants or gas stations, because those are the least likely to be seen as competing with American citizens on price.

Not re

That's draconian! Shocked

Impossible! It’s American policy.

(Cue crowds chanting, “USA! USA! USA!”; camera pans away, filming the chanting crowd)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 04:54:09 PM »

Fuzzy Bear isn't why religion is in decline, he's one of the minority of Americans who are actually taking their faith seriously.
Anybody who intertwines faith and politics has clearly never read The Screwtape Letters, or even considered what they are doing. It’s literally a defined tactic of the Devil himself. And as for your judgment rendered upon tens of millions of American Christians? ... I think that speaks for itself.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies