Opinion of Fuzzy Bear (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:37:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Fuzzy Bear (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 169

Author Topic: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear  (Read 13952 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« on: June 02, 2019, 05:13:57 PM »
« edited: June 02, 2019, 06:26:47 PM by Elliot County Populist »

Compared to hardcore bigots like Naso, Donborvio, and the recently banned stormfront guy he isn’t awful. But he’s a complete partisan hack who repeats talking points long after they are debunked and loves to shut derail threads with pointless topics

TIL voting for Obama/Gillum/Nelson is a partisan hack. When's the last time you voted for someone of the opposite party outside the county level?

You can fall FB a lot of sh**t, but partisan hack isn't one of them.

Whether for better or worse Fuzzy Bear is the closest to an American Swing voter there is on this forum.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 09:11:04 AM »

What an Atlas thread this is - the notion that having voted for different parties at different times makes a person nuanced or thoughtful or "a nice guy, FF" is so strange. Like, it's a really strange thing to even take into consideration when evaluating someone, whether good or bad.

Joe Republic is on the money, as so often.

But it definitely doesn't make him a hack lol.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 12:20:46 AM »
« Edited: August 25, 2019, 12:34:22 AM by Lfromnj stands with Sanchez. »

Y'all be like "Hmm he's massively bigoted in many ways and frequently derails topics to push debunked or disingenuous talking points but none of his bigoted ideas are aimed at me so I like him"
Literally nobody said that. However, a lot of us think that, you know, people with conservative views (and I don’t say ultra-conservative because he’s not ultra-conservative) aren’t bigoted because their comments about immigration shows that they don’t hate people unlike them - instead, it simply demonstrates a (in my opinion unreasonable) fear of foreigners. That and a fear for safety is very common among people of his generation.

I believe people misunderstand my position on immigration.

I am open to all sorts of proposals regarding levels of immigration, resolving DACA, "The Wall" and other issues regarding Border Security, taking people in from countries laden with terrorism, legitimate and illegitimate asylum seekers, and other issues on the topic.  What I won't budge on is the principle of sovereignty and the rule of law.  The folks who violate our immigration laws do it knowingly and willfully, and the law should be enforced until it is repealed.  And it is AMERICA, and America, ALONE, that gets to decide who comes into our country.  This principle also means that we don't need to give people a reason for why we keep them out.  We get to decide, and we don't have to do this according to the World's standards.

It's easier to call me names than it is to honestly discuss the issue and discuss possible compromises.

You forgot to add that you are on the record as being in favor of reducing legal immigration as well.  Which puts you on the far-right fringe of mainstream society, but of course, aligns quite well with the path being forged by the current administration.

"far right fringe"
https://news.gallup.com/poll/1660/immigration.aspx

FWIW I do support increasing it. Am I part of the far left fringe?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies