Opinion of Fuzzy Bear (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:18:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Fuzzy Bear (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 169

Author Topic: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear  (Read 13928 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: June 02, 2019, 10:01:40 AM »

Must be held accountable for all the innocent threads he'd aborted.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 05:26:48 PM »

I HATE FUZZY PERSON BUT I PREY FOR HIM.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 08:17:23 AM »

Don't agree with him on a variety of issues, but gentle and informed guy. Freedom fighter.

Your compulsive moderate heroism is giving us cancer.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 05:52:04 AM »

Don't agree with him on a variety of issues, but gentle and informed guy. Freedom fighter.

Why? You can respect a person but still disagree with him (or her) on political issues as long as this person is somewhat within the democratic mainstream.
Well I suppose hating immigrants is now "mainstream" now

President Johnson is living in the 90s bubble.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 03:32:11 PM »

Why? You can respect a person but still disagree with him (or her) on political issues as long as this person is somewhat within the democratic mainstream.

Haven't you notice President Johnson is mentally stuck in the 90s?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 04:47:44 PM »

Haven't you notice President Johnson is mentally stuck in the 90s?

LOL, I was a kid back then and didn't follow politics. But by the end of that decade, America had a booming ecomomy, budget surplus, less gridlock and wasn't involved in a war. I'd say 2000 was one of the best years politically until Al Gore was denied the presidency (I won't say defeated).

Yes, those were flawlessly wonderful years. Never mind the mass incarceration, insane financial deregulation, "Republican Revolution", war on drugs, skyrocketing income gap and execution rates and so on. Truly a sensible, moderate paradise.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2019, 05:34:47 PM »

Atlas memery aside, the whole Grad Mufti thing was pretty disgusting, as Fuzzy attacked TSA based on the latter's ethnic origin by coming up with some ridiculous "guilt by (a very loose) association" scenario. While we can't expect much from someone as dense as his sidekick in that thread, beep boop, a man in his sixties really should have known better.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2019, 03:49:40 PM »

We really shouldn't have a gangbang on any specific poster.  Especially when he's older.

Sure, I always give him extra deference on account of his age, but let's not pretend he doesn't bring the scrutiny and criticism upon himself. For example, I've never been anything but patient and cordial to him, and have repeatedly bent over backwards to defend him to people who are (understandably) sick of his sh**t, and this is how he thanks me:
He's better than AltorBotox, ProudModerate2, and 136 or 142.  He's probably better than Harry.  He's definitely better than the departed ag.  I agree that this is a very low bar.  He's at Landslide Lyndon levels.

(Note that I had not participated on the thread in question, nor did it have anything to do with me, nor had we recently been sparring, which could have led to him making an emotional comment that he didn't really mean.)

Maybe he inadvertently misattributed someone else's rude comment to me or something, but it's very, very difficult to continue to try to see the best in someone who is so consistently unpleasant and rude. And there's a lot of people around here (recently TSA, but several others too) who get it worse from him unjustifiably than I do.

The people who are "sick of his [expletive]" are the very people causing the trouble. They harass him (and others), denigrate him, and have nothing but unkind things to say. They are unable to find any common ground with him, and treat him as if he were an inbred racist, a white supremacist, or an evangelical fanatic. They are unable to acknowledge when he is right, and when they are wrong. He has every right to fight back against people such as these.

Here we go again...

What "middle ground" are you talking about? Sorry, but I'm not going seek a "middle ground" when somebody makes statements containing racist undertones. Why? Because I reject racist sentiments, period. When Fuzzy is right, I have no problem acknowledging this, just as I agree with him on the issue of capital punishment. But when he's wrong, and his attack on TSA was a wrong thing as already explained over and over, I have right to say it's wrong and that I find this deplorable.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2019, 06:48:08 PM »

As someone in his thread had already pointed out, Fuzzy is "old enough to be the father or even grandfather of most of the posters on here", so I'd reply that the level of expectations in his case is higher than if we were dealing with an annoying teen.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2019, 05:30:52 PM »

I have 1 more reported post than I did an hour ago. I wonder what it could be?

Your guess is as good as mine, Harry. One thing's sure. Your post is reported. For moderation. And somebody's responsible.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2019, 12:23:26 PM »

I view people doing this to me as committing slander and libel.  Nothing happens to them; their posts aren't even moderated.  (I was told to report posts, and I have, and I fail to see any effect.)  I'm not going to let people slander or libel me, though.  I will push back on that.  Please tell me why I should not.

Cut the bullsh**t Fuzzy. You went and cried to PIT and succesfully got 2 of my posts deleted ... because I said that you don't believe Jews and other non-Christians can go to Heaven. That's neither slander nor libel, because you've said over and over that you do believe that. (Or you could correct me right now if you don't.)

Quit playing the persecuted victim. There are tangible examples of moderators who DO stretch the TOS to do you what you want them to do.

Another example of what I was talking about earlier, of your inability to restrain yourself from attacks on Fuzzy Bear and other posters of his kind.

Haven't you left the forum because we were too mean to you?

How very mean. You don't deserve to be here and the Devil is going to get you.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2019, 08:44:04 PM »

I view people doing this to me as committing slander and libel.  Nothing happens to them; their posts aren't even moderated.  (I was told to report posts, and I have, and I fail to see any effect.)  I'm not going to let people slander or libel me, though.  I will push back on that.  Please tell me why I should not.

Cut the bullsh**t Fuzzy. You went and cried to PIT and succesfully got 2 of my posts deleted ... because I said that you don't believe Jews and other non-Christians can go to Heaven. That's neither slander nor libel, because you've said over and over that you do believe that. (Or you could correct me right now if you don't.)

Quit playing the persecuted victim. There are tangible examples of moderators who DO stretch the TOS to do you what you want them to do.

Another example of what I was talking about earlier, of your inability to restrain yourself from attacks on Fuzzy Bear and other posters of his kind.

I decided to come back and try my luck again, in spite of the antics of individuals such as this one. I'm scrupulously adhering to my ignore list this time, and the only reason why I am responding here is because LandslideLyndon's post was quoted. The reason why I left was because I was frustrated with dealing with people on here, and I didn't think that it was worth it for me to contribute here any further. But this time around, I will not let others get to me as before.

Good. That's a right decision.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2019, 02:46:48 PM »

Then do your job and delete Harry's post for a personal attack.  I've had posts less harsh than that be deleted. 

You think the whole edifice of the moderating team should be marshaled to act purely on your personal grievances. It’s absolutely nuts to watch.

So which is it?

I've been trolled, personally attacked, and slandered/libeled by ProudModerate2 and a few others.  I have had benign posts deleted, while "Snitches get stitches!" stands.  

I have been told by various mods that the reason nothing is done about people that have defamed me is that I didn't report posts.  So I report posts, and a post which, on its face, labels me a "snitch" and indicates that "getting stitches" is in my future.  Now I'm sure the poster has no means by which to make that happen, but do we not have a policy to not threaten harm to folks, even in jest?

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies