S.19.2-19: Civilian Legislation Act (Failed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:18:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.19.2-19: Civilian Legislation Act (Failed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.19.2-19: Civilian Legislation Act (Failed)  (Read 681 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 13, 2019, 07:49:44 AM »
« edited: June 26, 2019, 07:09:47 AM by Southern Deputy Speaker Muaddib »

Civilian Legislation Act
Section IV, part 2 of S.19.1-1 - Rules Package - Title I, the Standing Rules of the Southern Chamber of Delegates, is amended to read as follows:
12 13 threads about legislation may be open for voting and debate simultaneously, and the Speaker shall have the power to preside over each:  a) The first 8 open threads shall be open to all legislation introduced by a delegate or the Governor. If the sponsor already has 4 or more pieces legislation on the Chamber floor, legislation from Delegates who do not shall take priority until all such other legislation is completed. b) The ninth and tenth threads shall be reserved for legislation introduced by the Governor.  c) The eleventh and twelfth open threads shall be reserved for bills submitted by civilians. The Speaker shall be the presiding officer for this open thread. d) The twelfth thirteenth open thread shall be reserved for legislation related to regional emergencies declared by the Governor of the South. The Speaker shall introduce legislation to this thread as directed by the Governor, but only when the Governor has declared a state of regional emergency.
Sponsor: MB (civilian slot)
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 12:25:00 PM »

Would I be correct in believing this would not need my signature? Given it applies to the legislature only?

Correct
Nyssus
Misteeer
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 12:04:43 PM »

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 02:11:42 PM »

Pretty straightforward: this opens up an extra slot so the Civilian slots don’t get crammed up.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 06:07:36 AM »

Mr. Speaker, Deputy Speaker, let’s pull the trigger on this!

All delegates have the right to motion a final vote. It is disappointing that there has been no discussion of this bill. Considering the number of civilian bills proposed in quick succession this session. It would suggest that this piece of legislation does indeed have merit. I'm not sure that there is anything preventing a delegate assuming sponsorship of a bill. I'll have another look at the standing orders (when I am at home).

As no one has anything to add (even "this looks good"), I motion for a final vote on this legislation. Delegates have 24 hours to object.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 02:54:15 AM »

From everything I have read in the Standing Rules/Orders there is nothing that stops a delegate from assuming sponsorship of a bill in the southern legislation introduction thread.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 06:10:58 AM »

As there are no objections to the motion voting on S.19.2-19: Civilian Legislation Act is now open. Sound the bells (dms will be sent to delegates). Voting will last till all delegates have voted or 48 hours from now, which ever is sooner.

The bill reads as follows:
Civilian Legislation Act
Section IV, part 2 of S.19.1-1 - Rules Package - Title I, the Standing Rules of the Southern Chamber of Delegates, is amended to read as follows:
12 13 threads about legislation may be open for voting and debate simultaneously, and the Speaker shall have the power to preside over each:  a) The first 8 open threads shall be open to all legislation introduced by a delegate or the Governor. If the sponsor already has 4 or more pieces legislation on the Chamber floor, legislation from Delegates who do not shall take priority until all such other legislation is completed. b) The ninth and tenth threads shall be reserved for legislation introduced by the Governor.  c) The eleventh and twelfth open threads shall be reserved for bills submitted by civilians. The Speaker shall be the presiding officer for this open thread. d) The twelfth thirteenth open thread shall be reserved for legislation related to regional emergencies declared by the Governor of the South. The Speaker shall introduce legislation to this thread as directed by the Governor, but only when the Governor has declared a state of regional emergency.
Sponsor: MB (civilian slot)

Voting Options are:
[   ] Aye
[   ] Nay
[   ] Abstain
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 06:16:01 AM »

From everything I have read in the Standing Rules/Orders there is nothing that stops a delegate from assuming sponsorship of a bill in the southern legislation introduction thread.
Based on this I won't be voting in favor of this bill. I think that our delegates can see to bringing bills to the floor of this chamber by assuming sponsorship of civilian bills.

Nay
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 12:03:52 PM »

Nay
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 12:12:06 PM »

Nay
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 06:50:57 AM »

Voting is Closed

S.19.2-19: Civilian Legislation Act fails to pass the chamber

S.19.2-19:
Final Vote Count

[ 0 ] Aye
[ 3 ] Nay
[ 0 ] Abstain
[ 4 ] Absent
  (TimTurner, PragmaticPopulist, Ghost_white & Misseees)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies