LC 2.28 Resolution to Establish the Budget of the Lincoln Government (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:56:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 2.28 Resolution to Establish the Budget of the Lincoln Government (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 2.28 Resolution to Establish the Budget of the Lincoln Government (Debating)  (Read 4188 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« on: June 04, 2019, 01:30:40 PM »

We are spending too much of pensions and healthcare

Also maybe raise the drug taxes

Also, I agree with lfromnj that we should avoid high property taxes
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 10:47:22 PM »

This bill is terrible

There is no need to hike capital gains taxes through the roof or raise
the estate tax (which really needs to go) through the roof, if you really need to raise taxes, raise on dangerous stuff, like alcohol and cigarettes, or just consider cutting spending. Either alternative is better than this bill, which as already mentioned, will continue to send rich people to the Sun Belt, and decreasing our population, while the South and Fremont benefit.

Also with regards to my bill, I modified that bill several times, when it first came to the floor, despite being out of town.

I would urge the Chancellor to reconsider his proposal
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 10:05:13 PM »

Nay, these tax increases are just too high, I'd rather there be spending cuts and a sales tax
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 01:16:13 PM »

Nay. I don't like the idea of increasing taxes on households with <100k income. Or a gas tax. Both hurt the working and middle classes. I would support if you increase the taxes on the upper middle class/wealthy though.

I will say the raise on households with less than 100k income is of only 1 point, compared to 3 points on everyone above that. We sort of need to raise taxes on the middle class since we have a massive hole in the budget.

We can also cut spending and implement a sales tax
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 10:55:40 PM »

I favor gas and diesel taxes, but not the income, is the person who puts gasoline in your car, supposed to ask you for your income, or if you don’t live in NJ, is the credit card thing on the gasoline “holder”, supposed to ask for your income, and how do you verify that, are you supposed to carry around pay stubs. How does this identification system  even work, as it is, this is too vague, and may lead to the above scenario. If all of that doesn’t happen, I agree with Coucnilor Lfromnj that having gas taxes as income taxes, makes no sense
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies