Who is Nikki Fried most likely to challenge?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:01:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who is Nikki Fried most likely to challenge?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Whose seat is Nikki Fried most likely to go after?
Ron DeSantis

Marco Rubio

Rick Scott

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Who is Nikki Fried most likely to challenge?  (Read 2382 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2019, 11:17:32 PM »

I voted Rubio but it’s probably none of the above.

I guess Gillum will be the sacrificial lamb against DeSantis in 2022.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2019, 11:04:44 PM »

I went to pump gas the other day and they replaced the "FL AG commissioner Adam Putnam" sticker of inspections on each of the gas pumps with Nikki Fried ones, except unlike Putnam....every sticker has a big picture of her face taking up like half the sticker on like every pump in every gas station i go to.

This girl is smart. Retail politiking on point 👌 Future Governor probably

I saw this while out & about as well. Too bad the legislature passed a law, which takes effect on the July 1st start to the fiscal year, prohibiting somebody's face from being on the stickers, though it's nice to see that she got these stickers out before the deadline since, once they're up, they can stay there well past July 1st, until whenever their next inspections are. Regardless, though, there's no doubt in my mind now that the 47th Governor of Florida will be Nicole Heather Fried (in 2027, once DeSantis is term limited).

I guess Gillum will be the sacrificial lamb against DeSantis in 2022.

Yup.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2019, 08:57:00 AM »

If 2022 is a Trump midterm, the DSCC will beg her to challenge Rubio. And she might.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2019, 07:16:27 PM »

Scott is probably the most vulnerable. But he'll still beat her by his signature >1% margin when it happens. Then, every potential Democratic rising star out of Florida will have been defeated.

The other two are basically safe re-election regardless of who is President at the time.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2019, 09:24:30 PM »

She runs for reelection in 2022 and if she wins she runs against Scott as she wouldn’t have to give up her job.

She WOULD have to give up her job if she ran in 2024.  The FL Constitution requires persons who are elected to local or state office to resign their position if they choose to run for another office, including a Federal office

The only exception to this are Elected Federal officials (House and Senate) that may run for Governor. 

I'm predicting that Fried will be re-elected and then run for Governor in 2026 against whomever the GOP nominee is, as she will be term-limited.
Why? She would almost certainly lose. 2026 will likely be a Dem president midterm. If a Republican is president(which is unlikely imo), then maybe. Otherwise, I would run against Scott
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2019, 10:43:06 PM »

She runs for reelection in 2022 and if she wins she runs against Scott as she wouldn’t have to give up her job.

She WOULD have to give up her job if she ran in 2024.  The FL Constitution requires persons who are elected to local or state office to resign their position if they choose to run for another office, including a Federal office

The only exception to this are Elected Federal officials (House and Senate) that may run for Governor. 

I'm predicting that Fried will be re-elected and then run for Governor in 2026 against whomever the GOP nominee is, as she will be term-limited.
Why? She would almost certainly lose. 2026 will likely be a Dem president midterm. If a Republican is president(which is unlikely imo), then maybe. Otherwise, I would run against Scott

Scott is far more popular than people think.  And he has loads of money.  Lots of folks thought they had Rick Scott in the bag, but he's NEVER LOST AN ELECTION!!!  Think about that; a guy who's spent a good portion of his electoral life not being popular is never defeated in an election in a state that is a tossup in Presidential races (maybe a TEENIE bit lean R).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2019, 10:49:01 PM »

I legit thought I was the only one who noticed or cared about the new stickers on the pumps Tongue
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2019, 11:04:27 AM »

I legit thought I was the only one who noticed or cared about the new stickers on the pumps Tongue

Haha when you follow Florida politics, they're hard not to notice
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies