did you know Walmart and MacDonalds used to be connected
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:21:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  did you know Walmart and MacDonalds used to be connected
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: did you know Walmart and MacDonalds used to be connected  (Read 995 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 08, 2019, 11:59:30 AM »

I guess im too young to remember but I said Walmart and McDonals should merge because I'd be there like every day but a fried of mine told me that back in the 90s there actually used to be a MacDonals in Walmart!! and she said though that they replaced it with Subway because people were fat or something lame like that. Who cares future science will save them so why take away their McDonalds you know??

Anyway they should do that again that would slap.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 12:02:07 PM »

Maybe the free market showed that Subway was more popular among Walmart shoppers
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 12:03:13 PM »

Maybe the free market showed that Subway was more popular among Walmart shoppers
Eef freef!
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 12:12:28 PM »

maybe but i wouldn't guess that around here. everyone weighs 400 lbs and rides their motorized scooters through the Burger King drive thru
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 12:18:30 PM »

maybe but i wouldn't guess that around here. everyone weighs 400 lbs and rides their motorized scooters through the Burger King drive thru

Eating Subway isn't as healthy as they'd like you to believe... it's very possible those 400 lb scooter drivers binge on subs from time to time.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 12:23:41 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2019, 12:29:50 PM by Joe Republic »

Every Wally World in Vegas (still) has a Mickey D’s in it.  I’m ashamed to admit that, at my lowest possible low, I have eaten at such establishments on more than one occasion.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 12:58:35 PM »

Eating Subway isn't as healthy as they'd like you to believe... it's very possible those 400 lb scooter drivers binge on subs from time to time.

Well when you eat two footlongs in one sitting, yeah.

Walmarts around here have either a McD's in them or a Subway, a few have Papa Murphy's and Auntie Anne's.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 01:02:03 PM »

Well when you eat two footlongs in one sitting, yeah.

Walmarts around here have either a McD's in them or a Subway, a few have Papa Murphy's and Auntie Anne's.

I've never seen a McDonald's in a Walmart, but I do often see Subway and pizza stuff in them.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 01:11:07 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2019, 10:11:14 PM by Speaker YE »

I’ve seen a McDonalds in a Wal Mart but that doesn’t mean the two were not separate companies like the title does imply.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2019, 02:33:54 PM »

There is still a Walmart like this in Corinth, MS.  You should go. 
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2019, 06:08:27 PM »

There used to be Mickey D's in Walmart stores in FL, but they appear to all be Subway now over here.

The Walmart near my home actually had a Hot Dog meal, the only McDonalds I ever went to that sold Hot Dogs.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2019, 04:30:41 AM »

There are still lots of McDonald's in Wal-Marts. It's probably the most stereotypical American image I can think of next to a bald eagle or a dude with an M16.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2019, 08:19:21 AM »

There is a McDonalds in my Walmart.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2019, 12:36:40 PM »

So trashy.  Target has Starbucks.  And class.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2019, 03:58:04 PM »

So trashy.  Target has Starbucks.  And class.

They used to just have a food court thing with gas station pizza, hot dogs and Icees.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2019, 11:21:11 PM »

so many lucky ducks on here live near a Walmart that still has a MacDonalds in it. How do I get that here in TN :<
AN63093

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2019, 09:11:53 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2019, 09:16:01 AM by AN63093 »

So trashy.  Target has Starbucks.  And class.

I understand that being from MN, criticizing Target is probably akin to insulting your religion, but perhaps you can illuminate me as to what is exactly "classy" about a big box store.

Unless of course, by classy, you just mean, "having marketing that targets white women that don't want to be seen in a Wal-Mart" and having fewer poor minorities in your average store than some other big box stores.  I'm a little disheartened to see a Dem be so blasé about using such a euphemism, but color me unsurprised.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2019, 02:42:12 PM »

So trashy.  Target has Starbucks.  And class.

I understand that being from MN, criticizing Target is probably akin to insulting your religion, but perhaps you can illuminate me as to what is exactly "classy" about a big box store.

Unless of course, by classy, you just mean, "having marketing that targets white women that don't want to be seen in a Wal-Mart" and having fewer poor minorities in your average store than some other big box stores.  I'm a little disheartened to see a Dem be so blasé about using such a euphemism, but color me unsurprised.

They are somewhat cleaner and more organized. Plus, Minnesotans love supporting local. Targets are much more plentiful in MN (obviously) than Wal-Marts, and from my travel around the country - the MN Targets are nicer/better maintained than the ones say in the South or Western US.  They were all just renovated in the Twin Cities area in the last couple years, including those Starbucks upgrades and liquor stores inside (MN law is stupid and you can't buy beer outside of liquor stores mostly).
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2019, 01:16:45 PM »

Used to be a McDonalds in my home Walmart. It got taken out at least a decade ago. They remodeled the whole place about five years ago and there’s a Subway now. The Walmart near my work has a Subway as well. (Northern California)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2019, 04:52:20 PM »

My local WalMart has a McDonalds inside of it, and to my knowledge many of the Greater Toronto Area locations do as well.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2019, 05:28:22 PM »

My local WalMart has a McDonalds inside of it, and to my knowledge many of the Greater Toronto Area locations do as well.

I have never seen a Walmart without a McDonald's in it Ontario as well. I had assumed Subway would be too classy for Walmart customers.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2019, 08:49:49 PM »

I guess im too young to remember but I said Walmart and McDonals should merge because I'd be there like every day but a fried of mine told me that back in the 90s there actually used to be a MacDonals in Walmart!! and she said though that they replaced it with Subway because people were fat or something lame like that. Who cares future science will save them so why take away their McDonalds you know??

Anyway they should do that again that would slap.

My local Walmart still has a Mcdonalds. But there is a Costco like 10 minutes away and Costco food court slaps harder.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies