The American Way: A 2016 Election Game. (Sign Up/Rules/Discussion)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:20:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The American Way: A 2016 Election Game. (Sign Up/Rules/Discussion)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: The American Way: A 2016 Election Game. (Sign Up/Rules/Discussion)  (Read 6350 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2019, 10:15:25 PM »

Paul Ryan Announcement

Milwaukee, WI

3 years ago, I ran with Governor Romney as his Vice President. I warned about the dangers of the Democratic agenda. I warned about the impact of Obamacare and reckless Democratic spending. The truth is that healthcare costs are still going up, deductibles are still going up. Meanwhile, President Obama and the Democrats, in the Senate and House, do nothing about it. The American people, got sick and tired of Democratic inaction, and Republicans took back the House in 2010 and the Senate in 2014. That is why, I am announcing that I am running for President of the United States. Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden are more of the same of Obama's failed policies. They will defend the disaster known as Obamacare, I will repeal the law and replace it, with something that works for the American people. The Democrats claim that this law gave healthcare to millions of Americans, what it actually did, is it made healthcare, more expensive for middle-class families. Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden, want your healthcare costs, to continue to rise. In Congress, I have a proven record. I led the fight to balance the budget. We cannot let spending spiral out of control. If we elect tax-and-spend liberals Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden, they will raise your taxes and then spend it on pointless social programs, that we seriously need to consider phasing out. I led the fight on entitlement reform. The fact is simply that either we cut Social Security benefits now, or we lose the program, forever. The Social Security program is becoming insolvent, I have a plan to cut the benefits, but not in a drastic way, with the main goal, being protecting Social Security for future generations. Lastly, as Speaker of the House, I have led the opposition to the Obama agenda. We have taken on the President, and we have let him know when his policies were wrong. I am bringing nearly 20 years of experience in Congress to the table, and during my time, in Congress, my priority was never money or donors, it was the people of Wisconsin, as President my priority will be the people of this great nation. Thank you, God bless you, and God bless America.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2019, 11:33:54 PM »

Granted, welcome to the forum!
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2019, 03:08:13 AM »

Breaking News!

People of America, we stand at a turning point in America. Eight years of broken promises under President Obama, eight years where millions continue to struggle, eight years where the people felt a level of government control unparalleled by any time in our history. But the time has come to make a choice, to pick another democrat and continue the failures of the last eight years, or to move on and begin the process of righting the ship. That is why I am here before you, to announce that I am running for president, that I am here to right the ship.

I've learned a lot from my time as governor of Florida from watching my father and brother take on the responsibility of leading this country. In that time I've talked with people, of all ages, from the CEOs who create jobs and invent in this nation, to the hard working common folk who just want the government out of their lives. I'll be talking to even more folks as I begin a tour of the states, making my case, and hearing the concerns you face. So look out for the Jeb-mobile America, because this bus won't stop until I've made my case to everyone in this nation. Lets get to work!
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2019, 04:39:31 PM »

I will be former Congressman Heath Shuler for the Democrats
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2019, 04:40:15 PM »

When will there be a gameplay thread?
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2019, 04:55:27 PM »

What might be fun would be to see a Pre-game Poll that shows initial reactions to our announcement speeches before the game actually starts
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2019, 05:06:47 PM »

What might be fun would be to see a Pre-game Poll that shows initial reactions to our announcement speeches before the game actually starts

That would be a cool idea. Like a poll to see who had the more popular speeches.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2019, 05:51:59 PM »

Joe Biden Announcement Speech-Scranton, PA

“Seven years ago, I received one of the greatest honors of my life. I was asked to serve as Vice President under one of the greatest Presidents this country has ever seen: President Barack Obama! For the past eight years, I served the country as Vice President just as I served the people of Delaware in the Senate for 36 years: With honor, dignity, and respect for the office I held. For the past eight years, together as a nation, we achieved great things, bringing the nation out of one of the worst recessions the country has ever seen, we saw civil rights expand for Americans across the country, and we showed the world once again that America will not give in to the fear of terrorism.

But there is still work to be done. The economic opportunities given to millions of Americans have to be expanded to bring millions more out of poverty. Education opportunities across the country need to be expanded to give more Americans the chance to excel. America needs to continue to stand by our allies around the world.

The work isn’t done. The only way it can be done is not by changing paths, but by continuing along the path we’re already on. I am the best candidate to continue to lead us down the path, which is why I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States!”
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2019, 06:20:19 PM »

When will there be a gameplay thread?
I believe midnight tonight
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2019, 06:52:38 PM »

I will be former Congressman Heath Shuler for the Democrats

Granted!

^^^
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2019, 06:54:48 PM »

Grassr00ts, could a pre-gameplay thread poll be given before tomorrow?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2019, 06:55:32 PM »

Martin O'Malley for President 2016
Rebuild the American Dream

Hello Baltimore! I am here to tell you that I am seeking the highest office in the land, and I would like to know what you think because this is the city it all started. I spent 8 years as your chief executive as mayor, I spent 8 years as your chief executive as Governor, and I ask for your votes to spend 8 years as your chief executive as President of the United States of America. I am asking this because of the fact our nation is at a crucial crossroads, the crossroads of progress and regression, the crossroads of freedom and fear, and the crossroads of Democracy or Demagoguery. 

For too long has the number in your bank account, determined how much you matter to Presidential candidates. I am throwing down the gauntlet today, and I am saying to the special interests and billionaires, I. am. not. for. sale. We are a nation by the people and for the people. When you send me to Washington, we will win because it is a matter of life and death. Our nation faces disaster, the disaster of Republican demagoguery, the disaster of climate change, and the disaster of war.

Some of my Democratic adversaries in this race supported the Iraq War, I was a critic of the Iraq War. I am the candidate that is against war, that is against fiscal irresponsibility, and is in favor of putting the American People, and the American Working Class first. The symbol of this nation is the statue of liberty, not a barbed wire fence. We as a nation stand for Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness and as President, I promise I will do all in my power to help every American succeed in accomplishing this goal.

I ask you from here and Baltimore, to those in Maine, and even those in Miami. Join me and be proud to say I am a member of the Democratic Party. I am a Liberal. I am a Progressive. and I am a Democrat. We need to fight against and stand up to Wall Street, who think they can cost hard-working Americans billions and plunge our world into financial chaos, do you know what I say. No more. If we can bail out Wall Street, we can afford to bail out main street! We need to rebuild the American dream, because it is fading. We are all Americans and we will persevere. Thank you all and God Bless the United States of America!
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2019, 07:07:03 PM »

There's no point when it's being posted in 5 hours anyways.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2019, 07:39:00 PM »

There's no point when it's being posted in 5 hours anyways.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2019, 08:05:04 PM »

That would be a cool idea. Like a poll to see who had the more popular speeches.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2019, 08:53:11 PM »

I mean, mine is the only one to include a Jeb-mobile, so I think it's clear who had the best speech.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2019, 08:59:25 PM »

I mean, mine is the only one to include a Jeb-mobile, so I think it's clear who had the best speech.

obviously, jeb is god of everything. don't wrong him, or else barbara will come down on you with her wrath

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2019, 10:53:42 PM »

wait does it start  12 AM CDT or EDT?
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2019, 11:29:56 PM »

wait does it start  12 AM CDT or EDT?

Central time, so the thread will be up in a half an hour basically.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2019, 11:34:38 PM »

Wait until the game thread is up before posting campaign stuff. The game hasn't started yet.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2019, 11:35:28 PM »

Wait until the game thread is up before posting campaign stuff. The game hasn't started yet.

gotcha
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2019, 11:44:32 PM »

I realize this may be out of left field, but given there are more Republicans than Democrats can I switch to Heidi Heitkamp for the Democrats? I think it’d be an interesting contrast.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2019, 11:48:03 PM »

I realize this may be out of left field, but given there are more Republicans than Democrats can I switch to Heidi Heitkamp for the Democrats? I think it’d be an interesting contrast.

Heitkamp didn't have much of a national profile, I'd suggest someone like Jim Webb or Lincoln Chafee if you want that blue dog aspect.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2019, 12:06:58 AM »

Stay as who you are. I wouldn't switch, at least until later.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2019, 11:59:04 AM »

Heath Shuler presidential announcement in Knoxville Tennessee

For the almost past half decade we have seen a president that while I have admit isn’t perfect and I disagreed with on some issues. Still at the end of the day he has put America back on its feet and working again.

We have seen the GOP instead of trying to be a bipartisan force in getting things done they continue to block and deny anything President Obama gives even ifs a compromise on something!

We need a president that will work for both Americans and both parties while setting our differences aside on important issues such as trade,the budget foreign policy and healthcare so that is why I am running for the Democratic Nomination of the President Of the United States.

I am not the Tax and Spend Democrats as of Secretary Clinton and others I am a Democrat who wants Financial responsibility like middle class tax cuts, balancing the budget,supporting the right to bare arms while at the same time I am socially progressive I will fight for LGBT rights and a woman’s right to choose and making sure the future of America has a bright and better education and make sure the top 1% get the bigger piece of the pie!

Thank you and I will see you on the campaign trail!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies