The American Way: A 2016 Election Game. (Sign Up/Rules/Discussion) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:27:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The American Way: A 2016 Election Game. (Sign Up/Rules/Discussion) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The American Way: A 2016 Election Game. (Sign Up/Rules/Discussion)  (Read 6300 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: June 08, 2019, 05:37:59 PM »

I'd like Martin O'Malley.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 05:11:03 PM »

Elizabeth Warren
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 11:01:01 PM »

Granted.

Wow, we have a ton of people participating so far. This is going to be awesome!
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 05:06:47 PM »

What might be fun would be to see a Pre-game Poll that shows initial reactions to our announcement speeches before the game actually starts

That would be a cool idea. Like a poll to see who had the more popular speeches.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 06:55:32 PM »

Martin O'Malley for President 2016
Rebuild the American Dream

Hello Baltimore! I am here to tell you that I am seeking the highest office in the land, and I would like to know what you think because this is the city it all started. I spent 8 years as your chief executive as mayor, I spent 8 years as your chief executive as Governor, and I ask for your votes to spend 8 years as your chief executive as President of the United States of America. I am asking this because of the fact our nation is at a crucial crossroads, the crossroads of progress and regression, the crossroads of freedom and fear, and the crossroads of Democracy or Demagoguery. 

For too long has the number in your bank account, determined how much you matter to Presidential candidates. I am throwing down the gauntlet today, and I am saying to the special interests and billionaires, I. am. not. for. sale. We are a nation by the people and for the people. When you send me to Washington, we will win because it is a matter of life and death. Our nation faces disaster, the disaster of Republican demagoguery, the disaster of climate change, and the disaster of war.

Some of my Democratic adversaries in this race supported the Iraq War, I was a critic of the Iraq War. I am the candidate that is against war, that is against fiscal irresponsibility, and is in favor of putting the American People, and the American Working Class first. The symbol of this nation is the statue of liberty, not a barbed wire fence. We as a nation stand for Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness and as President, I promise I will do all in my power to help every American succeed in accomplishing this goal.

I ask you from here and Baltimore, to those in Maine, and even those in Miami. Join me and be proud to say I am a member of the Democratic Party. I am a Liberal. I am a Progressive. and I am a Democrat. We need to fight against and stand up to Wall Street, who think they can cost hard-working Americans billions and plunge our world into financial chaos, do you know what I say. No more. If we can bail out Wall Street, we can afford to bail out main street! We need to rebuild the American dream, because it is fading. We are all Americans and we will persevere. Thank you all and God Bless the United States of America!
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 07:39:00 PM »

Grassr00ts, could a pre-gameplay thread poll be given before tomorrow?

There's no point when it's being posted in 5 hours anyways.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 11:48:03 PM »

I realize this may be out of left field, but given there are more Republicans than Democrats can I switch to Heidi Heitkamp for the Democrats? I think it’d be an interesting contrast.

Heitkamp didn't have much of a national profile, I'd suggest someone like Jim Webb or Lincoln Chafee if you want that blue dog aspect.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 12:31:39 PM »

Pls no spam Purple heart
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 01:25:31 PM »

Holding up a policy like that makes me less willing to continue this game or anything on the election games board. A truly terrible rule that breaks the flow and feel of the game.

Are you just going to delete images that people haven't marked?

In all seriousness, it's not really optional for Lumine or Dave. If Dave wants to continue running the site he needs there to be some rule of law, and if people keep on posting copyrighted images then there is a large liability for the site to get shut down. I just really hope more people see where they're coming from as I don't want to see people get banned or the site shutdown.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 10:44:02 PM »

GrassR00ts it's been 8 days since the turn started, any time table for the turn. We can make 7 day turns if that works better for you as it will allow for us and you to have more time to work on the turns.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies