The American Way: A 2016 Election Game. (Sign Up/Rules/Discussion) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:47:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The American Way: A 2016 Election Game. (Sign Up/Rules/Discussion) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The American Way: A 2016 Election Game. (Sign Up/Rules/Discussion)  (Read 6299 times)
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« on: June 09, 2019, 07:40:25 PM »

Can I get Marco Rubio?
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 08:43:39 PM »

Can I get Rubio please?
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 10:33:51 PM »

Marco Rubio: A New American Century

Miami, Florida
Florida, it's been an honor to be your Senator for the past 4 years. I've met little girls, boys, grandparents, fathers, mothers, and families all across this great state. Florida is leading the nation in unifying together to tackle Climate Change, to tackle ensuring Families are Protected, and we're leading the nation in Spirit. In specific, I met a little girl in Clearwater, her name was Alice. Alice was the daughter of a Hardworking Nurse, and a father who worked in the Oil Industry.

On one Thursday morning, Alice headed off to school, saying bye to her dad, not knowing it would be the last time she would get to say something to him again. Alice's mother wasn't there to say goodbye to her husband, as she was working at the hospital already. Alice boarded the school bus, and her dad headed off to work.

As Alice's dad arrived at work, he had to go and fix a valve at the plant. As he was using his wrench to turn the socket on this valve, oil began to leak onto the rags and floor of the ground. Not knowing this, Alice's father fixed the valve, and took the rags to be burned (a tradition that he and his buddies would do after fixing something at the plant.) He was around the huge fire, and he noticed that the top of the screen of the fire place was removed, but he didn't think anything of it.

As he put the rag into the fire, the fire cought his face, and his uniform. Not knowing what to do, he stumbled, and fell into the fire. He sat there burned for 5 seconds, until his buddies came in and saw what had happened. They called 911 immediately. Once Alice's dad arrived at the Hospital, he was treated. He was recovering, then, the bill came. The bill was for over $20,000. The family couldn't afford it. The Insurance Companies wouldn't help. They were out of solutions.

Alice's dad passed away, simply because the family couldn't afford to pay a Medical Bill. This is because of programs like Obamacare, where they bring up the prices of Medical Costs and Prescription Drugs.

I ask the Democratic Party, are you happy that Alice's father died so that you could gain Political Points while passing Obamacare? Are you proud that you and your corrupt buddies in Washington got this passed, and let Alice's father die? Are you proud that Obamacare rises Prescription Drug Prices?

Folks, today, I'm taking a stand against these Corrupt Democrats, and these Disgusting Policies. It's time that we enact a True American Change. A New Century. That is why I am officially announcing my campaign to run for President of the United States, as a Christian, as a American, and as a Republican, in that order! This campaign is being run because of families like Alice's and others across America. Let's take real change when it comes to this next election, and let's enact some real goddamn change.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 04:40:15 PM »

When will there be a gameplay thread?
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 08:05:04 PM »

What might be fun would be to see a Pre-game Poll that shows initial reactions to our announcement speeches before the game actually starts

That would be a cool idea. Like a poll to see who had the more popular speeches.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 08:59:25 PM »

What might be fun would be to see a Pre-game Poll that shows initial reactions to our announcement speeches before the game actually starts

That would be a cool idea. Like a poll to see who had the more popular speeches.

I mean, mine is the only one to include a Jeb-mobile, so I think it's clear who had the best speech.

obviously, jeb is god of everything. don't wrong him, or else barbara will come down on you with her wrath

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 10:53:42 PM »

wait does it start  12 AM CDT or EDT?
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 11:35:28 PM »

Wait until the game thread is up before posting campaign stuff. The game hasn't started yet.

gotcha
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 09:06:47 PM »

can as well
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2019, 09:23:48 PM »

Can vouch for him, also from MeWe
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2019, 01:31:57 PM »

Why don't we just make it to where if we used images that are labeled for re-use, then we don't have to hyperlink them, but if we get ones that aren't labeled for reuse, we then have to cite them?
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2019, 02:37:27 PM »

Holding up a policy like that makes me less willing to continue this game or anything on the election games board. A truly terrible rule that breaks the flow and feel of the game.

Are you just going to delete images that people haven't marked?

Well yes. I very much regret the impact it may have on some players but sadly, the policy is necessary if Dave and the site are to avoid legal issues, and not a random act of fascism. So yes, I will have to delete images that are not attributed.

In all seriousness, it's not really optional for Lumine or Dave. If Dave wants to continue running the site he needs there to be some rule of law, and if people keep on posting copyrighted images then there is a large liability for the site to get shut down. I just really hope more people see where they're coming from as I don't want to see people get banned or the site shutdown.

Indeed. Would I wish it was optional? Yes, but it isn't and there are good - or at least compelling - reasons for it.

Why don't we just make it to where if we used images that are labeled for re-use, then we don't have to hyperlink them, but if we get ones that aren't labeled for reuse, we then have to cite them?

I'm afraid I don't follow, could you ellaborate a bit?

When you go to google something, for example say I google, "Marco Rubio Speaking."

I would go to the tool menu, press on Usage Rights, then press on Labeled for Reuse.

The images that are labeled under Reuse, are non-copyrighted, which means no punishment for using them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies