What is the ethnic composition of the neighborhood in which you live? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:07:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What is the ethnic composition of the neighborhood in which you live? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the ethnic composition of the neighborhood in which you live?  (Read 8234 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

« on: May 23, 2006, 09:50:43 PM »

Well, I live in Mexico City, so you'd think it should be nearly 100% Hispanic, though, obviously, Mexican census doesn't collect such data. In fact, by the US definition of the term it, probably, is: almost all people here could claim to be Mexican. On the other hand, this has nothing to do w/ race: the most common ancestry, at least among the old-timers here is, probably, German (some local business names are Kafe Klatsch, Pateleria la Vienesa, Unser Kluv bar, etc.). So, how should we count that?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 03:22:34 PM »

Since about a quarter of the people here aren't even citizens (and thus won't be counted in any census)

The census is supposed to count all de facto residents: citizens, legal immigrants, illegal immigrants, temporary residents - everyone.  In 2000 I was counted as resident in NYC, even though I was on a non-immigrant (student) visa and was about to leave the country for good. In fact, I don't even remember them asking me about my residence status.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies