If Generation Z is so SUPER RIGHT WING why aren't college areas swinging right? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:36:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If Generation Z is so SUPER RIGHT WING why aren't college areas swinging right? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Generation Z is so SUPER RIGHT WING why aren't college areas swinging right?  (Read 5335 times)
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 10, 2019, 03:29:06 PM »

Weren’t Millennials supposed to be Evangelical right wingers?
I do vaguely recall that talking point now. It was basically based on drawing trends from data points and assuming those trends would continue indefinitely.

Of course this fallacy shows up here a lot too.
Bush actually did win with young voters while loosing with old voters in 2000, but I suspect that’s because young voters feared Tipper and Lieberman, not because they liked Bush’s evangelicalism.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 09:41:48 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2019, 09:46:59 PM by darklordoftech »

Weren’t Millennials supposed to be Evangelical right wingers?
I do vaguely recall that talking point now. It was basically based on drawing trends from data points and assuming those trends would continue indefinitely.

Of course this fallacy shows up here a lot too.
Bush actually did win with young voters while loosing with old voters in 2000, but I suspect that’s because young voters feared Tipper and Lieberman, not because they liked Bush’s evangelicalism.

I realize its an important issue for you but it's a bit niche in the context of presidential elections.
Why else would young voters be more Republican than old voters? Also, 2000 was a time of good economy, no war, crime rates had fallen, etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies