If Generation Z is so SUPER RIGHT WING why aren't college areas swinging right? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:48:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If Generation Z is so SUPER RIGHT WING why aren't college areas swinging right? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Generation Z is so SUPER RIGHT WING why aren't college areas swinging right?  (Read 5246 times)
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« on: June 10, 2019, 03:02:19 PM »

It's obviously due to voter fraud. Gen Z is the most conservative generation in history; Grassroots told me so.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 01:11:49 PM »

Yes, that's right. Gen Z is a R leaning generation and they are fed up with the status quo. And there is nothing you can do about it.

Then answer the question. WHY aren't college areas swinging right?
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 01:22:53 PM »

Yes, that's right. Gen Z is a R leaning generation and they are fed up with the status quo. And there is nothing you can do about it.

Then answer the question. WHY aren't college areas swinging right?

Gen Z starts at 2000. Those people haven't really gotten into college yet anyhow.

The real R swing starts with people born right after 2002, the ones who were just getting into politics when Trump pulled off his right wing revolution and Brexit was happening.

Evidence for this?
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 12:29:25 PM »

I myself am a highschool student. I go to school in a Likely D county that swung strongly democrat in 2016 and 2018 and my district encompasses mostly Lean D precincts that swung strongly to democrats both those years.

This school is overwhelmingly Republican, and that title extends from disgruntled Never-Trumpers to Turning Point America and PragerU addicts to the, uh, you know. Of course there are a lot of democrats but I would say that a plurality if not a majority of my peers are right of center.

The overall mood among students is a disliking of Trump's personality but support of his policies. There is no liberal group here but there is a Young Americans for Freedom group (which I am a part of) which has about 70 members, and most of them are actually female surprisingly. I will say my school is mostly white (about 75%) but it still goes to show that from an insider perspective, the "Gen Z is liberal" meme is bogus and is being pushed on us without a basis.

Your basis is literally "my high school is overwhelmingly republican." That's it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies