If Generation Z is so SUPER RIGHT WING why aren't college areas swinging right? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:19:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If Generation Z is so SUPER RIGHT WING why aren't college areas swinging right? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Generation Z is so SUPER RIGHT WING why aren't college areas swinging right?  (Read 5252 times)
tagimaucia

« on: June 10, 2019, 04:26:56 PM »

I'm not sure how this data was compiled or modeled, but the person who posted it is very smart and I trust that its in the ballpark... Keep in mind its only Whites, and a big part of the story is that younger generations are far less white than older ones.

The claim that Generation Z was going to be outright right wing was always cherry picking / nonsense, but they might be a bit more conservative than the tail end of the Millennials (at least those born in the mid 90s). 

I think there's some polisci research that states that its around the age of 18 that partisanship/political beliefs lock in most strongly. If that's the case, this graph makes perfect sense... the most Democrat leaning ages are people that turned 18 either in Bush's second term when he was extremely unpopular, and in the first couple of years of Obama's presidency.  Based on this, I would also fully expect persons born in 1999-2002 to end up being quite a bit more Democratic than those born from 1996-1998 or so...

tagimaucia

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 03:47:05 PM »

IIRC, even the electoral precincts located entirely on the Texas A&M campus (known to be one of the most conservative large universities in the country, or at least that's my understanding), voted for O'Rourke over Cruz by like a 30% margin.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies