ITT: What major politicians have you met? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:26:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  ITT: What major politicians have you met? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ITT: What major politicians have you met?  (Read 4616 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« on: August 14, 2019, 10:51:48 PM »

Only counting ones I have gotten a 1x1 or small group picture with:

Have run for president-
Scott Walker
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Rick Santorum
Rick Perry
Rand Paul
Ben Carson
Carly Fiorina
Jim Gilmore
Newt Gingrich
Austin Petersen (I guess, technically)

Governors, Senators, Reps:
Bill Lee
Bill Haslam
Marsha Blackburn
Lamar Alexander
Bob Corker
Jim Jordan
Mark Green
Diane Black
Jason Smith
Allen West
Joe Walsh

Other Notable Figures:
Ben Shapiro
Reince Priebus
John Bolton
Kelli Ward
David French
Art Laffer
Jesse Watters
Ken Bone (a reference everyone got when I took the picture in early 2017, but one that will probably be forgotten by time)
Katie Pavlich
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 05:44:56 PM »

If we include shaking hands, Geraldine Ferraro the day before the 1984 election. I told her oh, I know you've heard this a lot since the debate, but kick their ass! She gave a kind oh, but in retrospect obviously forced, laugh and said oh we will. Very brave of her since she knew what the numbers were.

Gary Hart during his incipient 1988 presidential campaign when he visited the rainbow kitchen, a famous Food Bank, serving Pittsburgh.

Bill Clinton a few weeks before the 1992 election. While shaking his hand I told him that he had inspired me to use my law degree once I graduate to help Society. And I swear to God he gave the stereotypical Darrell Hammond impression of a thumbs up plus nodding his head while sticking his tongue out and biting it. He really does that!

I met Dennis kucinich when he was running for president in 2008, when he came to host our small rural Ohio County Democratic Jefferson Jackson Day breakfast. Oh my goodness he is Tiny. And yes, his wife is that gorgeous.

I met then Governor Ted Strickland when he came to our County Democratic dinner. Oh, and another year I similarly met then candidate for attorney general Richard cordray.

Briefly met one-on-one then State AG, now Governor Mike dewine, at the small County prosecutor's office I was working at at the time. When he asked where I'd gone to undergraduate, I told him oh, and he shared that one of his daughters had attended that's small liberal arts colleges well. When I asked what she was doing with herself nowadays his face grew quite grim and he told me she had died. I could have shrunk into a hole at that point.
Posts like these are why I can't bring myself to hate you, Badger. That Ferraro story was cool. What an interesting list! Ditto for ExtremeRepublican.

Most of mine are pretty boring photo lines at conferences/fundraisers and the like.  The only really cool story was with Rick Santorum.  I met him in college when we hosted him on campus.  This was during the 2016 primaries, right after Cruz had trounced Trump in Wisconsin.  The College Republicans executive board went out to dinner with Santorum before the event.  Someone asked him what he thought should happen in the event no one got to 1237 delegates to secure the nomination (which was something that was being very widely discussed at the time).  Without flinching, he said that they should give it to "the guy who came in second last time".

A couple others on the list, I've had brief conversations with apart from a handshake, and Mark Green randomly commented on a Facebook post of mine once, but the only story at all like Badger's was my Santorum one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies