LC 2.53 Emergency Speaker Election Act (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:43:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 2.53 Emergency Speaker Election Act (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 2.53 Emergency Speaker Election Act (Passed)  (Read 495 times)
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 05, 2019, 07:04:30 PM »
« edited: July 11, 2019, 10:36:42 AM by Pyro »

Emergency Speaker Election Act

Section I

1. Be it resolved that Councilor PyroTheFox shall serve as Speaker of the Council of Lincoln.

2. In compliance with Article I-4 of the Lincoln Constitution, Councilor PyroTheFox shall immediately vacate the Office of Chancellor of Lincoln.

Section II

1. This act takes effect immediately upon consent by the Council of Lincoln.

Sponsor: Pyro

The vote shall begin now.

The voting period shall last 24 hours or until all Councilors have voted.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 07:06:25 PM »

AYE
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 07:08:35 PM »

Speaker Tack has officially sworn in as Senator, and as such, the position of Speaker of the Lincoln Council is vacant. This must be filled, and this takes priority above all other legislation. I believe I am qualified to serve in this role once more, and seek this Council's nod in order to proceed. Should this legislation pass, we will immediately move on to selecting the next Chancellor of Lincoln.

For reference:
B. At the beginning of each term of the Council, and at any time when the office is vacant, the second order of business of the Council shall be to elect the Speaker after the election of the Chancellor. Prior to the election of a Speaker, the Chancellor may serve as Acting Speaker for the purposes of electing a Speaker only. If there is not a Speaker, the Governor may preside over the election of the Chancellor. If the Governor is unavailable for any reason, the most senior Councillor shall preside.

C. The Chancellor shall introduce a piece of legislation to nominate a candidate for Speaker, who will then face a vote before the Council, requiring a majority support to assume office.

D. The Chancellor shall certify the results following the election, and the Speaker shall immediately assume office.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 07:41:08 PM »

Aye
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 12:01:56 AM »

If I could I would reccomend the relatively experienced and active councilor snjc as speaker. He could not be chancellor as that role is more partisan.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 02:41:57 PM »

Nay, the issue here is that, we would then need to select a new Chancellor, and hold another vote on that. That will hold up other bills, I would support nominating someone who does not already have a leadership position in the Council.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 11:13:57 AM »

The final vote on LC 2.53 Emergency Speaker Election Act is now closed.
I have elected not to vote on this legislation as my position is the topic of the bill.

Aye: 2 (Zaybay, PSOL)
Abstain: 0
Nay: 2 (thr33, SNJC)
Not Voting: 2 (Pyro, Dipper Josh)

The vote is tied, and therefore the decision is left to His Excellency the Governor.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2019, 11:22:30 AM »

The overall will of the Government seems clear, and it seems inane to obstruct Council business for such inconsequential objections, especially considering the amount of time left on this Council. I vote Aye.

The tie is as such broken in favor of this bill's passing, The Righr Honorable Chancellor shall assume office as Speaker and the respective thread shall be duly opened for the election of a new one for the duration of this Council.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2019, 12:23:52 PM »

The overall will of the Government seems clear, and it seems inane to obstruct Council business for such inconsequential objections, especially considering the amount of time left on this Council. I vote Aye.

The tie is as such broken in favor of this bill's passing, The Righr Honorable Chancellor shall assume office as Speaker and the respective thread shall be duly opened for the election of a new one for the duration of this Council.

Thank you, Governor.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies