LC 2.30 Lincoln Education Act (Final vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:56:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 2.30 Lincoln Education Act (Final vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 2.30 Lincoln Education Act (Final vote)  (Read 2100 times)
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 25, 2019, 08:16:44 PM »
« edited: June 25, 2019, 08:20:38 PM by Pyro »

I thought I had written up a response to the bill originally but I suppose it was never sent.

Thank you to Speaker Tack for authoring this spectacular and extremely necessary legislation. It is far past time we formally generate a curriculum and a set of guidelines for our public school system and I am frankly rather uneasy with the fact that this type of measure was not previously instituted. I am in favor of the bulk of the proposals set in this bill, and likewise for the additions from Councilor Thr33.

One of the only changes I would propose would be the following, in Section I.

3. School days in the region of Lincoln shall run between 8:30 and 14:00. Primary school hours shall be 8:20 A.M. to 2:30 P.M. Middle school hours shall be 9:20 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. High school hours shall be 7:20 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. School districts and states may delay or anticipate these times by up to 30 minutes each way.

It would be far more cost effective to run a three-tiered transportation system for school busing - meaning the normal school day would be different for primary, middle and high school. In this system, we would be able to utilize a smaller fleet of buses and lessen road congestion. I believe this makes more sense that mandating that all schools take place at the exact same time.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 08:21:45 PM »

No objection.

Though if we are lengthening hours all the way to 4:30 pm we should offer some sort of free meal, at least for primary and middle school kids right?

I can't imagine a 12 year old having to wait until 5:00 pm to eat lunch!

I'm flexible on the exact hours - edited them a bit.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 12:11:13 PM »

No objection.

Though if we are lengthening hours all the way to 4:30 pm we should offer some sort of free meal, at least for primary and middle school kids right?

I can't imagine a 12 year old having to wait until 5:00 pm to eat lunch!

I'm flexible on the exact hours - edited them a bit.

The problem with those schedules is that they wouldn't allow for the whole range of lessons (or would mean a shorter recess).

7 lessons of 50 minutes plus a 30 minute recess means a school day needs to last for 6 hours and 20 minutes in total. Would this be any better?:

Primary school: 8:30-14:50
Middle school: 9:00-15:20
High school: 8:00-14:20

This does only have 30 minute delays between school years instead of 1 hour ones though.

I suppose that is fine. No objections here.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 09:55:30 AM »

Barring any further input from the Council, I trust it is appropriate to call for a final vote.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 12:41:39 PM »

Aye!
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 11:53:28 AM »

The final vote on LC 2.30 Lincoln Education Act is now closed.

Aye: 5 (Tack50, SNJC, thr33, PSOL, Pyro)
Abstain: 0
Nay: 0
Not Voting: 4 (Zaybay, Dipper Josh, Griff, lfromnj)

The legislation has passed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies