Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2017, 03:59:59 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Be sure to enable your "Ultimate Profile" for even more goodies on your profile page!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  Political Debate (Moderators: Beet, Apocrypha)
| | |-+  Should masturbation be a suspendable offense on junior/high school campuses?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Print
Poll
Question: Should masturbation be a suspendable offense on junior/high school campuses?
Yes   -53 (37.9%)
No   -87 (62.1%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 139

Author Topic: Should masturbation be a suspendable offense on junior/high school campuses?  (Read 28908 times)
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2005, 08:48:38 pm »
Ignore

I knew somebodythat did this, frequently and without any teacher saying anything.

phk
phknrocket1k
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2005, 09:09:53 pm »
Ignore

I did it in the bathroom every morning before classes in college.

Beet
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2005, 09:16:57 pm »

so no one here admits to doing it at school?

I have never.

For your info file.

You've never masturbated?

"Clinton failed, Bush failed, and Obama failed [to start a nuclear war]. I won't fail." - Donald J. Trump
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2005, 09:17:43 pm »
Ignore

I did it in the bathroom every morning before classes in college.

You are going to run out soon at that rate. Tongue

PBrunsel
YaBB God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2005, 09:25:31 pm »
Ignore

Should masturbation be a suspendable offense on junior/high school campuses?

Beats me.

"I know that the Lord is always on the side of the right. But it is my constant anxiety and prayer that I and this nation should be on the Lord's side."
-President Abraham Lincoln, December 1862
dazzleman
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2005, 10:31:33 pm »
Ignore

I knew somebodythat did this, frequently and without any teacher saying anything.

Where?
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2005, 11:30:03 pm »
Ignore

I have...  But no one saw me except perhaps those little video cameras.
??????????
StatesRights
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2005, 01:12:53 am »
Ignore

Should masturbation be a suspendable offense on junior/high school campuses?

Beats me.

PBrunsel makes a funny. Cheesy
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2005, 01:25:03 am »
Ignore

Dude in another period did it over my hot airhead biology teacher.  She just said to stop it and moved on.

How the hell do you just tell someone to stop and then move on? I mean, this happened in a classroom, in front of other people, and you just realize "Wow. He's jerking off to me. I'll just tell him to put it away and act like it never happened."

She was very ditzy, but VERY hot.  Not there anymore though.  Also, it was not as easy to notice as you think considering the setup of the desks in that particular room.  You have been to my HS for MUN so it was on the 3rd floor Main.  You might have had Security Council in that room!  I know Gen. Assembly is in our auditorium.   

© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2005, 04:57:55 pm »
Ignore

I have never.

For your info file.

Well, of course, but not in school.

I wanna contribute to the chaos
I don't wanna watch and then complain,
'cause I am through finding blame
that is the decision that I have made
J. J.
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2005, 05:34:45 pm »
Ignore

I have never.

For your info file.

Come on, in school?  I went to public school in the 1970 and was on a public school board in the 1990's.  It never happened.

J. J.

"Actually, .. now that you mention it...." 
- Londo Molari

"Every government are parliaments of whores.
The trouble is, in a democracy the whores are us." - P. J. O'Rourke

"Wa sala, wa lala."

(Zulu for, "You snooze, you lose.")
Storebought
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2005, 07:57:19 pm »
Ignore

Dreadful topic, but I will still respond:

Masturbation in a school restroom is not an option if the stalls lack doors.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2005, 09:10:19 am »
Ignore

I have never.

For your info file.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

same here, and to answer the question: if its in a bathroom, i guess no harm is done, but anywhere else.........should probably have some sort of punishment to it.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -1.57

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2007, 12:48:02 am »
Ignore

If you're doing it in the open somewhere, of course.

If you're doing it in private - like in a bathroom stall - I don't think so.

I say any time b/c if you're doing it in the bathroom--it has to be during class, otherwise you'd get caught and then your skipping class to do it.
Alcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2007, 12:49:33 am »
Ignore

Good thing this topic was bumped, because I was almost not wanting to vomit when I went into the school bathroom.

n/c
Ebowed
YaBB God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2007, 01:13:25 am »
Ignore

I say any time b/c if you're doing it in the bathroom--it has to be during class, otherwise you'd get caught and then your skipping class to do it.

Then punish the student for skipping class, not masturbating.

Besides, you forget about lunch and free periods and the like.

Donald Trump wants America to be his personal safe space.

Listen to Atlas Free Radio and follow us!  Thank you for your support!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2007, 02:53:56 am »
Ignore

If a person were doing it at assembly... I think that would be a criminal offence anyway.

Assuming they are doing it where I think they would - nobody is getting hurt.

This fear of sex and all things sexual (parents have a lot to answer for "I don't want to have to explain it to them") is really stupid.

Sex is why we're all here for God's sake. 

Dogma is a comfortable thing, it saves you from thought - Sir Robert Menzies
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2007, 12:27:40 pm »
Ignore

If a person were doing it at assembly... I think that would be a criminal offence anyway.

This fear of sex and all things sexual (parents have a lot to answer for "I don't want to have to explain it to them") is really stupid.

It's not a fear of sex. Some people just have to accept that there are people in the world who think that sexual activities have to be expressed in loving, committed ways. That doesn't mean that they don't like sex; it means that they see certain situations in which they are appropriate and inappropriate. For example, two people having sex when they love each other and are committed to each other vs. someone who makes it a goal to hook up with as many guys/girls as possible in the course of a weekend. Why does someone suddenly "fear" sex for saying that the latter is wrong?

The entire country is pretty much Republican.
Reaganfan
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2007, 12:38:48 pm »
Ignore

It's not a fear of sex. Some people just have to accept that there are people in the world who think that sexual activities have to be expressed in loving, committed ways. That doesn't mean that they don't like sex; it means that they see certain situations in which they are appropriate and inappropriate. For example, two people having sex when they love each other and are committed to each other vs. someone who makes it a goal to hook up with as many guys/girls as possible in the course of a weekend. Why does someone suddenly "fear" sex for saying that the latter is wrong?

Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

P P

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2007, 12:59:33 pm »
Ignore

This is definite gold mine material!

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Ebowed
YaBB God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2007, 04:46:50 pm »
Ignore

It's not a fear of sex. Some people just have to accept that there are people in the world who think that sexual activities have to be expressed in loving, committed ways. That doesn't mean that they don't like sex; it means that they see certain situations in which they are appropriate and inappropriate.

What about a loving, committed gay couple?

Donald Trump wants America to be his personal safe space.

Listen to Atlas Free Radio and follow us!  Thank you for your support!
angus
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2007, 09:02:36 pm »
Ignore

okay, phknrocket1k, I thought more about your question.  Given that you're not the philosophical sort, and you like answers in the absolute, and not in shades of grey, I guess you're not asking anything other than what you're asking:  i.e., what if you're the principal, and it doesn't matter how it happened, where it happened, whether the teacher is a known asshole, whatever, but only that it lands in your lap.  you're the principal at a JH school and a student comes into your office and says he's there for jacking off in school.  what do you do?

I still say it's hard to spell out in black and white.  But after some contemplation, I say I'd first ask the boy about it.  delicately.  Then I'd call the parents in for a conference.  In fact, for just about any infraction that's exactly what I think I'd do.  Hopefully, during our initial consultation, the boy'd be honest about it.  And I have enough faith in humanity to actually believe--call me a moron if you must--that most boys really would be honest about it.  "oh, man, I sit right behind nancy williams.  man, you know how hot she is."  And probably I'm a principal at a JH with about 800 or so students so no doubt I've noticed little nancy williams.  though I'd never admit it in our present climate of paranoia and recrimination.  I'd probably listen to the boy, but not try to paraphrase or clarify or claim sympathy or anything.  again, the current climate of paranoia and recrimination.  I'd definitely call the parents and guage the severity of my reaction on them.  If they were total assholes.  Denial.  Threats.  Then, I'd be all like, "fine, go screw.  the boy's outta here."  Like an spat-upon umpire at an AL championship series.  After all, I'm only human, and like umpires, principals can only take so much abuse.  But again, and pardon my innocence, I really think most parents would be fairly supportive of the system, and want to make it right.  apologetic.  humiliated.  I'd leave it in their hands.  the embarrassment and humiliation would have presumably been enough in terms of punitive measure.  and no one in the world will ever love you as much as your parents, frankly.  so you can bet they're going to give your situation a serious thought, and do what they think is best.  the student still deserves an education.  But, seriously, so does every other student, so if we're talking about a recidivist student who just refuses to cease the jacking off to the point of distraction, then that student will be out of the school.  period.  no matter what the parent says.
WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2007, 09:19:33 pm »
Ignore

Dude in another period did it over my hot airhead biology teacher.  She just said to stop it and moved on.

How the hell do you just tell someone to stop and then move on? I mean, this happened in a classroom, in front of other people, and you just realize "Wow. He's jerking off to me. I'll just tell him to put it away and act like it never happened."

She was very ditzy, but VERY hot.  Not there anymore though.  Also, it was not as easy to notice as you think considering the setup of the desks in that particular room.  You have been to my HS for MUN so it was on the 3rd floor Main.  You might have had Security Council in that room!  I know Gen. Assembly is in our auditorium.   

im disturbed by this.

Nation
of_thisnation
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2007, 10:11:07 pm »
Ignore

Of course it should be.  But for the child's sake, don't let the information leak out to his peers. Talk about a scarring experience.

Funny anecodte:  I knew this weird-ass guy my freshman year of college.  Stereotypical "nerd" who loved anime and video games, not very social. Got caught masturbating in the library once, and once  in his own dorm's computer lab. WTF
Gabu
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2007, 11:14:57 pm »
Ignore

Of course it should be.  But for the child's sake, don't let the information leak out to his peers. Talk about a scarring experience.

You know, this is one of the things I've always wondered: why is masturbation so stigmatized?  Everyone does it, but it's considered a socially unacceptable thing for it to be brought to light that some particular person happens to do it, even though probably every single other person in the room also does.

"To me, 'underground' sounds like subway trains.  That's the only sound I associate with 'underground'." - Everett
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout