Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2017, 12:09:18 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Be sure to enable your "Ultimate Profile" for even more goodies on your profile page!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  Political Debate (Moderators: Beet, Apocrypha)
| | |-+  Should masturbation be a suspendable offense on junior/high school campuses?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Print
Poll
Question: Should masturbation be a suspendable offense on junior/high school campuses?
Yes   -53 (37.9%)
No   -87 (62.1%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 139

Author Topic: Should masturbation be a suspendable offense on junior/high school campuses?  (Read 28903 times)
phk
phknrocket1k
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2005, 10:22:18 pm »
Ignore

Should masturbation be a suspendable offense on junior/high school campuses?

Jake
dubya2004
YaBB God
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 10:22:35 pm »
Ignore

If caught
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 10:23:52 pm »
Ignore

If you're doing it in the open somewhere, of course.

If you're doing it in private - like in a bathroom stall - I don't think so.
J-Mann
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 10:32:21 pm »
Ignore

If you're doing it in the open somewhere, of course.

If you're doing it in private - like in a bathroom stall - I don't think so.

I suppose that depends on if it's a distraction to the individual student or others around him (or her).  But generally, if it's done in private, it's a private affair and should be left as such.

Political Compass --
Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.95

It's easy to stand up for free speech when you agree with the speaker. - less so when you don't.

A18
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 10:41:39 pm »
Ignore

Only if not caught
© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 10:43:39 pm »
Ignore

Only if not caught

lol, surprisingly funny if you think about it.  Good work, Philip.

Anyway, yes, it should be.

I wanna contribute to the chaos
I don't wanna watch and then complain,
'cause I am through finding blame
that is the decision that I have made
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: 5.57

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 10:55:36 pm »
Ignore

This kid in my grade masturbated on a charter bus in middle school on a class trip.  He got caught because he was stupid and left... evidence... all over the tiny little bathroom on the bus.

He had an Out of School Suspension for a while.

So, since in my district this is already in effect, I think it should remain in effect.

If someone is stupid enough to get caught, then they should be punished for it.  If they wanted to be smart, they should have done that in the privacy of their own home.

Rin-chan

Early:You know, with the exception of one deadly and unpredictable midget, this girl is the smallest cargo I've ever had to transport, yet by far the most troublesome. Does that seem right to you?  Simon: What'd he do?  Early: Who?  Simon: The midget.  Early: Arson. The little man loved fire.Forum sister of MasterJedi
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2005, 11:03:54 pm »
Ignore

When I was in High School, someone started doing it in the middle of class. (I was not in the class.) He got suspended for it. Surprised he didn't get kicked out.

A Republican - at least for a little while
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2005, 01:09:27 am »
Ignore

Nothing should be a suspendable offense.  You should not be taking someone's education away for wrong behavior.  Instead, beat the sh**t out of him.
??????????
StatesRights
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2005, 01:54:18 am »
Ignore

This kid in my grade masturbated on a charter bus in middle school on a class trip.  He got caught because he was stupid and left... evidence... all over the tiny little bathroom on the bus.

He had an Out of School Suspension for a while.

So, since in my district this is already in effect, I think it should remain in effect.

If someone is stupid enough to get caught, then they should be punished for it.  If they wanted to be smart, they should have done that in the privacy of their own home.

Rin-chan

I bet he's going to be given a hard time once he comes back to school. Tongue
??????????
StatesRights
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2005, 01:54:49 am »
Ignore

When I was in High School, someone started doing it in the middle of class. (I was not in the class.) He got suspended for it. Surprised he didn't get kicked out.

What the hell? LOL That's the funniest school story I have ever heard, I swear. hahaha
Bono
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2005, 02:45:41 am »
Ignore

Nothing should be a suspendable offense.  You should not be taking someone's education away for wrong behavior.  Instead, beat the sh**t out of him.

If any teacher dared to lay his filthy hands on any of my kids, he'd have to explain that to Messers. Smith and Wesson.

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed – and hence clamorous to be led to safety – by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." – H.L. Mencken

NO, I don't want to go back to Fantasy Elections.
Gabu
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2005, 02:46:57 am »
Ignore

What the hell? LOL That's the funniest school story I have ever heard, I swear. hahaha

I gotta agree.  Was he just bored and decided to whip it out, or what?

"To me, 'underground' sounds like subway trains.  That's the only sound I associate with 'underground'." - Everett
Jake
dubya2004
YaBB God
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2005, 02:52:48 am »
Ignore

Whoa, in class. Now that's a new one to me. Can't you go to the bathroom if you feel the urge?
Gabu
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2005, 02:58:48 am »
Ignore

Whoa, in class. Now that's a new one to me. Can't you go to the bathroom if you feel the urge?

NO I HAVE TO MASTURBATE RIGHT NOW

"To me, 'underground' sounds like subway trains.  That's the only sound I associate with 'underground'." - Everett
Alcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2005, 03:53:50 am »
Ignore

Hate to be annoying but our host has a policy against excessively detailed sexual content.  As long as it's not way too graphic, it's fine, but I had to delete a post that went over the bounds.

- Your fascist moderator

n/c
Peter
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2005, 05:49:22 am »
Ignore

We had something similarly amusing: One of the kids asked the female teacher to jerk him off, though I don't believe he actually got anything out.

Retarded babies should be fed to crocodiles.
dazzleman
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2005, 07:31:39 am »
Ignore

It should probably be ignored if done in the privacy of a bathroom stall.

But a kid who would do this in public in high school has to be pretty disturbed.  Sure, he should be suspended for creating a "disturbance" in school, but that's not the real answer.  A kid doing that sort of thing needs psychological help.

I don't think suspension is much of a punishment anyway.  Most kids getting suspended aren't terribly interested in education anyway, and many probably welcome the time away from school, especially if they have disinterested parents who don't make their suspension period a living hell, as they should.  A friend of mine jokes about how he got suspended from high school for excessive cutting -- "OK, I'm missing too much school, so my punishment is that I can't come to school for a few days.  Yeah, that makes sense."

I associate people who bop the baloney in public with dirty old men who have mental problems.  It's pretty sick to imagine somebody doing it in high school.
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2005, 07:50:39 am »
Ignore

If any teacher dared to lay his filthy hands on any of my kids, he'd have to explain that to Messers. Smith and Wesson.

So your solution to minor problems is to go to jail for the rest of your life and be raped periodically.  You're brilliant, Bono, and such a tough guy.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

minionofmidas - supplemental forum account
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2005, 11:01:52 am »
Ignore

No, actually Bono intends to go to jail for the rest of his life and rape others periodically.

Never heard of a stupid policy like this ... then again the idea of masturbating on the school toilets never occurred to me either. Cheesy
In classroom, well that's certainly an offense. Suspension is, as Daz points out, a totally pointless and counterproductive punishment anyways, but something will have to be done.

If I'm shown as having been active here recently it's either because I've been using the gallery, because I've been using the search engine looking up something from way back, or because I've been reading the most excellent UK by-elections thread again.
dazzleman
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2005, 11:44:52 am »
Ignore

No, actually Bono intends to go to jail for the rest of his life and rape others periodically.

Never heard of a stupid policy like this ... then again the idea of masturbating on the school toilets never occurred to me either. Cheesy
In classroom, well that's certainly an offense. Suspension is, as Daz points out, a totally pointless and counterproductive punishment anyways, but something will have to be done.

I never imagined this could be an issue in any case.

Lewis, you're right to say I think suspension is pointless in most cases.  It only works if the parents make the suspension period a hell on earth for the kid.  Otherwise, suspension's less of a punishment than detention.  I never got suspended from school in any case; my school's policy was to make us spend a lot more time at school as punishment for offenses, not less.  That makes more sense to me.
minionofmidas - supplemental forum account
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2005, 11:53:50 am »
Ignore

Detention used to be quite common over here too, but not anymore. I think it's still legally possible.

If I'm shown as having been active here recently it's either because I've been using the gallery, because I've been using the search engine looking up something from way back, or because I've been reading the most excellent UK by-elections thread again.
dazzleman
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2005, 12:00:31 pm »
Ignore

Detention used to be quite common over here too, but not anymore. I think it's still legally possible.

Schools have to have some way to maintain order, so some type of discipline is necessary, especially since they can't beat the s&$t out of the kids anymore. Smiley  Lots of parents are also not very supportive of the schools, which is a very bad thing in general.  At my school, detention was the primary means of discipline, and they gave out lots of them, only calling parents in more extreme cases.

But if a kid has real mental problems, which public masturbation in school would suggest, punishment alone is not the solution.

I was reading about some schools having a problem with kids sneaking off to have sex, in places like behind the gym bleachers.  This is not as suggestive of a psychological problem because it's not deliberately done right out in the open.
WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2005, 12:05:56 pm »
Ignore

wait a sec.

i might be a ignorant, but i wasnt aware that many people did this *at* school.

i never heard of it happening when i was a pupil, nor did  i ever do it on campus.

have any of you all done this deed on school grounds?

the privacy of your home is a more acceptable place.

dazzleman
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2005, 12:07:45 pm »
Ignore

wait a sec.

i might be a ignorant, but i wasnt aware that many people did this *at* school.

i never heard of it happening when i was a pupil, nor did  i ever do it on campus.

have any of you all done this deed on school grounds?

the privacy of your home is a more acceptable place.

I never did it at school or work, and even if I got an uncontrollable urge to, it would have to be in a private place, like a bathroom stall.  Doing it out in the open is sick.

I also never heard of it taking place out in the open in school.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout