Who remembers Bolt?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:35:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Who remembers Bolt?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who remembers Bolt?  (Read 430 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 20, 2019, 01:54:35 PM »

General Question for everyone here : Who remembers the 2008 Disney film "Bolt"?

In case some of you don't know about it, Bolt was a film released by Disney in 2008 made in CGI (and was the first Disney film produced by John Lassater instead of a Pixar Film). The film starred the White German Shepard Bolt, voiced by John Travolta, on his journey to return home to his person Penny, voiced by Miley Cyrus. Along the way, he meets a alley Tuxedo Cat named Mittens, voiced by Sussie Essman, and a hyper and energetic hamster named Rhino, voiced by Mark Walton.

Bolt was initially in a Truman Show style environment, growing up and believing a TV show was real life and thus making him think he's an actual superdog. Despite this, one day he is separated for Penny, due to the need of the Show going on a Cliffhanger to boost ratings, and soon he is brought to New York City after knocking himself unconscious and falling into a box.

In the Big Apple, he meets Mittens and over the course of the film, She teaches him how to be a Normal Dog.

I especially liked how each Voice Actor, minus Cyrus, fit their role (The directors, Chris Williams and Byron Howard, allowed for everyone to be themselves, which is a nice thing to hear about). Another thing was the music, which felt appropriate in every scenes, specifically when we first meet Mittens, the Roadtrip, the scene of Vegas and the revelation of Mittens' past, and the ending. Finally, there is the relationships between the characters, mainly Bolt and Mittens. Despite it being an average length, clocking in at 1 hour and 37 minutes, Bolt still had time to develop Mittens and Bolt specifically where we see them be pretty great friends (and it's somewhat hinted that they might or might not be a couple, depending on how you read the context of their scenes).

I just recently got back into liking the movie and it's currently on Netflix, so you can go watch it at any time.

So, who else remembers it?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 06:44:24 PM »

The only thing I remember about it, was that it wasn't Meet the Robinsons, Chicken Little, or Home on the Range.

It just wasn't very memorable. It had neither the humor of Wreck-It Ralph, the whimsy of Winnie the Pooh, the aesthetic of The Princess and the Frog, the magic of Tangled, the sophistication of Zootopia, the detail of Big Hero 6, nor the heart of Lilo & Stitch. Hell, it doesn't even look as good as another urban animal mediocrity from the 80's...starring a cat named Oliver.

It's just there.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 08:21:23 PM »

I haven't seen it yet, or a lot of the other new movies.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 01:57:19 PM »

I know I watched it.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 02:25:24 PM »

I remember that there was a dog and Miley Cyrus was in it.  I remember watching it in the UK.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 06:21:36 PM »

I remember seeing it. I thought it was okay. I don't remember much from it though. I will say that I recall Susie Essman's character stealing the show for me.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 07:12:35 PM »

It came out when I was too old to be watching kids movies and too young to be watching kids movies, so I never saw it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies