Are you a dom or a sub?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 03:40:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Are you a dom or a sub?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ...
Dom

Sub

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Are you a dom or a sub?  (Read 2296 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 23, 2019, 07:16:12 PM »
« edited: June 23, 2019, 07:24:43 PM by FM Scott🦋 »

Apologies to the mods if this thread isn't appropriate.  I think it is appropriate, though, because dom and sub can mean so many different things and to see it all play out in real life can be really beautiful.

If you're vers, just pick the one that best fits you.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 07:25:16 PM »

I'm bi or at least bi curious (Huh), and I tend to be dom with girls and a sub with guys.

I would not mind a girl dominating me or a guy letting me dominate him though, so I guess I'd say I'm vers. if it feels good I'll try it, basically.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 07:29:22 PM »

I'm bi or at least bi curious (Huh), and I tend to be dom with girls and a sub with guys.

I would not mind a girl dominating me or a guy letting me dominate him though, so I guess I'd say I'm vers. if it feels good I'll try it, basically.

I'm straight and a virgin but entering a relationship would be really contingent upon me being the sub at least most of the time.  I'm a very quiet, passive person IRL so naturally I would click better with a dom, and in all likelihood "terms" would not need to be set although I would also expect to retain a great degree of bodily autonomy outside the bedroom, i.e. not having to ask "permission" to do other things or talk to other people.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 07:33:11 PM »

(insert Hillgoose type statement about labels)
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 07:34:19 PM »

I'm straight and a virgin but entering a relationship would be really contingent upon me being the sub at least most of the time.  I'm a very quiet, passive person IRL so naturally I would click better with a dom, and in all likelihood "terms" would not need to be set although I would also expect to retain a great degree of bodily autonomy outside the bedroom, i.e. not having to ask "permission" to do other things or talk to other people.

Yeah, I also wouldn't want a situation where I'm basically treated like a slave or dog, at least not if it's some sort of long term thing.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 08:06:06 PM »

Uhh atlas is not the place to discuss sexual preferences or fetishes.

Even on the forum community.

But I am telling the truth. I do not tie up and tickle guys. That rumor is absolutely false.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 08:08:16 PM »

But I am telling the truth. I do not tie up and tickle guys. That rumor is absolutely false.

Sub/dom lifestyle is not just a fetish or sexual preference.  There is a debate over how far it should go outside the bedroom and into general dating/relationship habits, of course, and it's a legitimate question.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 08:09:31 PM »

Once again us verses (is that the plural of vers?) are getting discriminated against. Rail against the two party system!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2019, 08:09:58 PM »

Sub/dom lifestyle is not just a fetish or sexual preference.  There is a debate over how far it should go outside the bedroom and into general dating/relationship habits, of course, and it's a legitimate question.
Scott that's a lot of talking for a sub.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2019, 08:13:21 PM »

I just want everyone to know that I do not tie up and tickle guys.

And everyone here is safe from me. I am not into white guys. My goal is to merry an illegal immigrant and protect him from deportation .

To answer the threads question I am more of a sub.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2019, 08:16:10 PM »

Sub/dom lifestyle is not just a fetish or sexual preference.  There is a debate over how far it should go outside the bedroom and into general dating/relationship habits, of course, and it's a legitimate question.
Scott that's a lot of talking for a sub.

I am an (inexperienced) sub, yes.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2019, 08:16:44 PM »

Equalitarian, or whatever you would call it.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2019, 08:20:36 PM »

I just want everyone to know that I do not tie up and tickle guys.

And everyone here is safe from me. I am not into white guys. My goal is to merry an illegal immigrant and protect him from deportation .

To answer the threads question I am more of a sub.

Very noble of you - you just earned your wings. Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2019, 08:28:55 PM »

Insane how a one-off private comment is transported through the telephone with its whole meaning warped.

Receiving permission from your significant other to spend time with someone else (who they also want to see but cannot) when you are supposed to be spending time with them is not just for the "submissive" partner. It's a matter of being an adult and putting the person you love first. The purpose of a relationship (marriage) is to make two souls inseparable.

Further, it is even more necessary to seek permission when that person is a single person of a compatible sexual orientation

Eh?  Smilo, this thread wasn't inspired by you or any of your own relationships/escapades.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2019, 08:32:08 PM »

Receiving permission from your significant other to spend time with someone else (who they also want to see but cannot) when you are supposed to be spending time with them is not just for the "submissive" partner. It's a matter of being an adult and putting the person you love first.

WRONG. If someone was truly trusted by their significant other, they wouldn't need to ask for permission.

retromike22
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2019, 08:33:44 PM »

lies
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2019, 08:34:28 PM »

Well said, retromike.

As I said in the Facebook thread: even as a sub I would never stand for asking permission to talk to other people, as this borders on abuse.  The sub and the dom share mutual responsibilities to each other, yes, but boundaries exist as much as they do in any other relationship.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2019, 08:36:17 PM »

Neither.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2019, 08:40:31 PM »

Insane how a one-off private comment is transported through the telephone with its whole meaning warped.

Receiving permission from your significant other to spend time with someone else (who they also want to see but cannot) when you are supposed to be spending time with them is not just for the "submissive" partner. It's a matter of being an adult and putting the person you love first. The purpose of a relationship (marriage) is to make two souls inseparable.

Further, it is even more necessary to seek permission when that person is a single person of a compatible sexual orientation

Eh?  Smilo, this thread wasn't inspired by you or any of your own relationships/escapades.

It clearly was inspired by a wew lads post including your exact wording of "asking permission to speak to other people" - or so that's why I was directed here

I had no idea who or what prompted that question.  Mike posted it originally.  This thread was not in any way meant as a call-out to anyone and if I offended you I sincerely apologize.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2019, 09:04:49 PM »

WRONG. If someone was truly trusted by their significant other, they wouldn't need to ask for permission.

Usually it's not about trusting their partner but about being able to trust the other individual

So thinking that everyone your partner might internet with is some kind if succubus/incubus is just "being an adult"?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2019, 09:20:06 PM »

If I ever get the opportunity, I'll definitely be a sub. Unfortunately, I'm constantly doubting the idea that anybody's standards are low enough to sleep with me, so...
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2019, 09:21:50 PM »

Usually it's not about trusting their partner but about being able to trust the other individual

So thinking that everyone your partner might internet with is some kind if succubus/incubus is just "being an adult"?
If you ever need to be incubated because of cold weather, just ask, Goldwater.  I know how much you hate the cold.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2019, 09:25:40 PM »

Generally a sub, but it depends on the girl, I suppose.

Wow. Way to reinforce gender stereotypes. Tongue
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2019, 09:28:56 PM »

Although I will not comment on the direct question at hand, what i will day is that as a Teenager coming of age in the Mid/Late '80s and early '90s, there were certain music artists and songs that were quite popular at the time:

Depeche Mode: Obviously their '84 Album "Some Great Reward" and their single "Master and Servant" helped create a certain theme that was quite popular among not only the LGBT community at the time, but also straight Americans....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_and_Servant

Velvet Underground:     "Venus in Furs" certainly ties into a certain style of subculture, in their first breakthrough album way back in '67.

Remember listening to the cassette tape for the first time back in the late '80s after having puffed a "J".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Velvet_Underground_%26_Nico

One of my best Female friends from High School was way into Nine Inch Nails, as part of the Punk-Goth subculture and has been happily married to another Woman for some 15-20 Yrs....

Anyways, pick your genre, your, music, your lifestyle, and go with.... it's not like anything is fixed. It's about who you love and what you chose to do in the privacy of your own home.

But hell, if you wanna have some fun, play some tunes and do some consensual Cos-Play with your partner, just make sure you just give them a heads up, because otherwise you might lose the affection of your partner, and potentially even worse if they aren't into the role playing session....
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2019, 09:31:34 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2019, 10:08:32 PM by MarkD »

Equalitarian, or whatever you would call it.

The word you're looking for is Egalitarian.

I'm vers.

Edit: Oh. Well then, I lean a little towards sub.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies