The White House: Griffin/Pericles Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:46:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House: Griffin/Pericles Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The White House: Griffin/Pericles Administration  (Read 4902 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2019, 10:46:13 PM »

I found it to be highly beneficial (and I think others agree) to the game when I opened up my administration's Discord server - it promotes transparency and helped clear some of the negative perceptions on how it was used. I hope your administration will consider doing the same once you make appointments to committees so that ALL can view the debate/activity that is occurring in your administraiton.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2019, 10:55:39 PM »

I found it to be highly beneficial (and I think others agree) to the game when I opened up my administration's Discord server - it promotes transparency and helped clear some of the negative perceptions on how it was used. I hope your administration will consider doing the same once you make appointments to committees so that ALL can view the debate/activity that is occurring in your administraiton.

The committees in question have either already been operating or are in the process of formalizing operations for some time now; I didn't particularly believe that I needed to formalize appointments to committees that I have sole power in creating, but alas, I'll make sure to issue an EO to that effect immediately for clarification on these matters.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2019, 10:59:14 PM »
« Edited: July 23, 2019, 11:09:46 PM by President Griffin »

Quote from: GRIFF-005
The following members are formally appointed to the Budget Committee: PSOL, Kingpoleon, Devout Centrist and Thumb21.

The following members are formally appointed to the Infrastructure Committee: Rpryor and SNJC.

The following members are formally appointed to the Statute/Resolution Review Committee: Rpryor, Harry S Truman, PSOL and Jimmy7812.

The following members are formally appointed to the Space Committee: Kingpoleon and Encke.

The following members are formally appointed to the National Security Council: Ben Kenobi, Peanut, Pericles, Scott and Wulfric (in addition to the Vice President and Secretary of State).
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2019, 05:27:04 AM »

The committees in question have either already been operating or are in the process of formalizing operations for some time now; I didn't particularly believe that I needed to formalize appointments to committees that I have sole power in creating, but alas, I'll make sure to issue an EO to that effect immediately for clarification on these matters.

I think tmth means also opening up the councils (minus NSC) and the administration's Discord server for everyone to read, even if it is only in a "read only" way.

I know his administration's thread had a link so everyone could join iirc.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2019, 05:12:34 PM »

I would like to know if the administration, like the Registrar General, wants fewer political parties or is in favor of more political diversity. 
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2019, 02:39:34 PM »

Quote from: GRIFF-006
The office, powers and portfolio of the Secretary of Internal Affairs is hereby consolidated into the office of Attorney General, which shall retain its current appointment (Harry S Truman).
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2019, 03:26:16 PM »

ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING CABINET APPOINTMENTS:

Hello everybody! As our first act of business, I want to open the process of cabinet applications to all. Regardless of intent to retain or enlist the services of new cabinet officials, I am asking all existing and prospective cabinet appointees to submit their intent to serve in the upcoming administration via Atlas PM.

There is no formal application: merely demonstrate to me via PM why you would be best suited for the position in question, and we'll take it from there.

The following cabinet positions include:

• Secretary of State
  • Secretary of Internal Affairs
  • Attorney General
  • Forum Coordinator
  • Secretary of Federal Elections
  • Registrar General
  • Game Moderator
  • Deputy GM (x2)

Various council and committee positions will be handled separately if the councils/committees in question are retained, and most will be handled after inauguration.

President Griffin

I would not be interested in any of the  above positions at this time, but I would like to ask you to put through an executive order creating the position of Collector of the Port of Boston, and appointing me to this plum patronage job.

Thank you for your kind consideration, and I remain your faithful constituent always.   
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2019, 04:13:43 PM »

President Griffin

I would not be interested in any of the  above positions at this time, but I would like to ask you to put through an executive order creating the position of Collector of the Port of Boston, and appointing me to this plum patronage job.

Thank you for your kind consideration, and I remain your faithful constituent always.   

I will definitely consider this!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2019, 08:48:31 PM »

Will you sign a bill if it arrives on your desk that increases the number of members in a political party to be considered official?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2019, 08:03:21 PM »

It has been 6 days since this was posted by the GM department.

Quote from: GM 07-006
I, Mr. Reactionary, by the authority vested in me by the Laws of the Republic of Atlasia as Game Moderator, first officer of the game engine thereof, hereby nominate Tmthforu94 for the position of Deputy Game Moderator.

- R

When can we expect the VP to open a confirmation hearing, as he is required to do?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2019, 08:08:37 PM »

Quote from: GRIFF-007
Pericles is nominated to the role of Vice President.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2019, 01:49:29 AM »

PLEASE WELCOME OUR NEW VICE PRESIDENT

The Senate has just confirmed Pericles by a vote of 4-0 to be our next Vice President! I am confident that given his experience as Speaker of the House, he will be able to bring just as much dedication and ingenuity to the job as Jimmy, who has served both the country and this administration well over the past 2 months.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2019, 06:46:37 AM »

Quote from: GRIFF-008
The State of North Carolina is hereby declared a federal disaster area, with resources provided by FEMA and local and regional authorities being given top priority in this situation. The Attorney General shall serve as the primary point of contact for this state of emergency until the crisis has abated and federal resources have been properly distributed in a thorough manner.

Quote from: GRIFF-009
Kingpoleon is appointed to the role of SEDSA/SEDDA Administrator.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2019, 09:20:42 PM »

Seeing the signature in President Griffin's posts, I find it strange a President is advertising and inviting people to join an out of Atlas website while there is little activity on the Atlasia elections board. The role of the President should be to try to find ways to increase interest and activity on the Atlasia board.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2019, 01:04:30 PM »

Seeing the signature in President Griffin's posts, I find it strange a President is advertising and inviting people to join an out of Atlas website while there is little activity on the Atlasia elections board. The role of the President should be to try to find ways to increase interest and activity on the Atlasia board.

People can walk and chew bubblegum at the same time. AAD (or any advertising thereof) is not what's minimizing activity here. Perhaps if incivility is re-legalized, I will find new ways to attract people's attention here!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies