The Dance of Death - Sign Up and Rules Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:44:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Dance of Death - Sign Up and Rules Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11
Author Topic: The Dance of Death - Sign Up and Rules Thread  (Read 17894 times)
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: September 14, 2019, 01:15:06 AM »

Ten ter hooks!!!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #226 on: September 14, 2019, 07:44:35 AM »

?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #227 on: September 14, 2019, 12:42:56 PM »

It is done! Thus the Welf Emperor finds his death, the pro-Welf side probably won't be left playable unless someone is really interested. Rum is also left open due to the withdrawal of NyIndy.

Two things:

Orders: There were a lot of orders. A LOT. That's a good thing, but many of those were conditional or based on a number of hypothetical scenarios, so it was a bit hard to keep track of them. I really hope I understood what some of those hypothetical scenarios entailed or didn't miss anything, because small decisions and changes could have altered much of what happened.

Nexn Turn: I leave for my trip in a few hours, so to be honest I really don't have the time to leave all of you with Turn 4. Not sure what's the preferrable outcome here (a break or letting the game continue and I update the turn crisis after I return) for the players.
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #228 on: September 14, 2019, 03:35:05 PM »

It is done! Thus the Welf Emperor finds his death, the pro-Welf side probably won't be left playable unless someone is really interested. Rum is also left open due to the withdrawal of NyIndy.

Two things:

Orders: There were a lot of orders. A LOT. That's a good thing, but many of those were conditional or based on a number of hypothetical scenarios, so it was a bit hard to keep track of them. I really hope I understood what some of those hypothetical scenarios entailed or didn't miss anything, because small decisions and changes could have altered much of what happened.

Nexn Turn: I leave for my trip in a few hours, so to be honest I really don't have the time to leave all of you with Turn 4. Not sure what's the preferrable outcome here (a break or letting the game continue and I update the turn crisis after I return) for the players.

Well, I think the game would be better off having a break until you get back from your trip.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #229 on: September 14, 2019, 03:41:36 PM »

I think a break too, plenty to take in!
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #230 on: September 14, 2019, 07:14:54 PM »

I would honestly prefer to continue the game without a break, but so far it appears that I've been overruled.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #231 on: September 14, 2019, 07:26:28 PM »

I'd prefer a break
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #232 on: September 14, 2019, 09:24:17 PM »

A break it is. I'll see you gentlemen in a week!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #233 on: September 14, 2019, 10:34:17 PM »

I'll also be on vacation for about a week -- well-timed!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #234 on: September 16, 2019, 06:01:30 PM »

I'm starting a new job on Monday - good timing!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #235 on: September 22, 2019, 07:48:27 PM »

Heads up, gentlemen, I'll start writing the next turn tomorrow.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #236 on: September 22, 2019, 09:01:17 PM »

Heads up, gentlemen, I'll start writing the next turn tomorrow.

Has it been a week already? God is good!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #237 on: September 25, 2019, 03:34:40 AM »

Leaning on my national politics to absorb between-turn withdrawal symptoms
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #238 on: September 29, 2019, 03:06:16 PM »

We're back! Turn posted, royal families updated.

(I really hope I didn't kill the game with all the delays)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #239 on: September 30, 2019, 03:39:05 PM »

Hello everyone, several IRL issues have kept me busy and distracted for the last couple of weeks -- my sincerest apologies to those who sent me PMs that I wasn't able to respond to. It's fortunate that you went on break while I was away, else I would have been even more behind.

Anyway, just letting you all know I'm back now Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #240 on: September 30, 2019, 08:57:55 PM »

The Scourge of God

An address by the King of Castile to be read publicly all across the Kingdom:

As good friends of the King of Aragon, we express our utter shock and horror at the death of the Aragonese King in his holding cell. We had taken care to treat him generously and provide him with ample accommodation, and were thus completely taken aback when we heard of this startling development. While we presently believe his death to have been the result of suicide, an investigation will be ordered immediately to ensure that this tragic event was not regicidal in nature.

The present state of Christendom is one of much danger and peril. We now face the onslaught of Egyptian infidels coupled with chaos and division at home. This truly is a general crisis like none in living memory, and I say that as an old man who has seen much and remembers well times of misfortune. But what has brought about this crisis? God's will. The infidels in Egypt are a scourge of God, summoned by Him to punish Christendom for her moral decay and spiritual corruption. It is a test of our will, a challenge for us as Christians. But we cannot drive back this scourge, and prove ourselves to God, unless we purify the Church. And for the church to be purified, the sickened head must first be cured before the rest of the body can be healed. The current Bishop of Rome, a tyrannical and degenerate man, has acted like the most worldly of princes, marrying off his family members to increase his temporal power. He has used his power of excommunication in a most partial and partisan manner--determined to split Christendom into two opposing camps--against godly princes like myself who simply wished for the preservation of peace and neutrality. But neutrality is no longer an option with this bishop, who has been tempted by the Devil. All Christian realms must now choose whether they are on the side of God, or that of Satan.

So, fellow men of Christ, it is clear that we must cast out this evil from the Church and renounce our sins if we wish to repel the scourge of God. Even within his own pagan religion, this scourge knows no remorse, having ordered the murder of his coreligionist the Almohad Sultan. Think also how this Sultan of Egypt threatens our very own kingdom, having recognized the Count of Toulouse as the King of Castile. It would not at all shock me, therefore, if the rebel leaders in the north of the kingdom have been urged on by the Sultan. Most of our rebellious subjects, however, I believe to be well-intentioned Castilians who have simply been misled by their leaders, said leaders being pawns of foreign interlopers like the Egyptians. I thus proclaim a general amnesty to any rebel who lays down his weapons and reaffirms his loyalty to our King Alfonso VIII, and therefore proves himself to be a good Christian and Spaniard. For we cannot afford to fight amongst each other while God's scourge threatens us, and the Church remains in Lucifer's hands.

I suppose imitation is the sincerest form of flattery Tongue
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #241 on: September 30, 2019, 10:13:09 PM »

The Scourge of God

An address by the King of Castile to be read publicly all across the Kingdom:

As good friends of the King of Aragon, we express our utter shock and horror at the death of the Aragonese King in his holding cell. We had taken care to treat him generously and provide him with ample accommodation, and were thus completely taken aback when we heard of this startling development. While we presently believe his death to have been the result of suicide, an investigation will be ordered immediately to ensure that this tragic event was not regicidal in nature.

The present state of Christendom is one of much danger and peril. We now face the onslaught of Egyptian infidels coupled with chaos and division at home. This truly is a general crisis like none in living memory, and I say that as an old man who has seen much and remembers well times of misfortune. But what has brought about this crisis? God's will. The infidels in Egypt are a scourge of God, summoned by Him to punish Christendom for her moral decay and spiritual corruption. It is a test of our will, a challenge for us as Christians. But we cannot drive back this scourge, and prove ourselves to God, unless we purify the Church. And for the church to be purified, the sickened head must first be cured before the rest of the body can be healed. The current Bishop of Rome, a tyrannical and degenerate man, has acted like the most worldly of princes, marrying off his family members to increase his temporal power. He has used his power of excommunication in a most partial and partisan manner--determined to split Christendom into two opposing camps--against godly princes like myself who simply wished for the preservation of peace and neutrality. But neutrality is no longer an option with this bishop, who has been tempted by the Devil. All Christian realms must now choose whether they are on the side of God, or that of Satan.

So, fellow men of Christ, it is clear that we must cast out this evil from the Church and renounce our sins if we wish to repel the scourge of God. Even within his own pagan religion, this scourge knows no remorse, having ordered the murder of his coreligionist the Almohad Sultan. Think also how this Sultan of Egypt threatens our very own kingdom, having recognized the Count of Toulouse as the King of Castile. It would not at all shock me, therefore, if the rebel leaders in the north of the kingdom have been urged on by the Sultan. Most of our rebellious subjects, however, I believe to be well-intentioned Castilians who have simply been misled by their leaders, said leaders being pawns of foreign interlopers like the Egyptians. I thus proclaim a general amnesty to any rebel who lays down his weapons and reaffirms his loyalty to our King Alfonso VIII, and therefore proves himself to be a good Christian and Spaniard. For we cannot afford to fight amongst each other while God's scourge threatens us, and the Church remains in Lucifer's hands.

I suppose imitation is the sincerest form of flattery Tongue

Yep, even the "Scourge of God" line came from Savonarola, which I suppose could be construed as a homage to the Savonarola Brigades Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #242 on: October 01, 2019, 09:36:19 PM »

Can I get an extension until Sunday (RL stuff)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #243 on: October 01, 2019, 09:40:23 PM »

Sure, I hadn't set a firm deadline yet. We'll put the mid-turn deadline for Sunday in the hopes of getting it up on Monday (if I notice I can't deliver within a reasonable timeframe I'll take appropiate action to adapt).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #244 on: October 01, 2019, 10:28:14 PM »

Sure, I hadn't set a firm deadline yet. We'll put the mid-turn deadline for Sunday in the hopes of getting it up on Monday (if I notice I can't deliver within a reasonable timeframe I'll take appropiate action to adapt).

Thanks
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #245 on: October 02, 2019, 06:05:03 AM »

Thanks for the deadline.
I'm busy as well.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #246 on: October 06, 2019, 11:32:42 AM »

Would love a small extension before mid turn but naturally only if people are generally in favour!
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #247 on: October 06, 2019, 12:35:42 PM »

I would support an extension
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #248 on: October 06, 2019, 12:41:47 PM »

Sure, we'll extend until Wednesday afternoon.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #249 on: October 06, 2019, 12:55:13 PM »

I sent a PM that I need a reply to before I can begin to develop my orders.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies