Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signs SB-7066
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:38:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signs SB-7066
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signs SB-7066  (Read 8602 times)
Yellowhammer
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2019, 08:34:49 PM »

Come on, don’t be a moron
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2019, 11:53:16 PM »

Come on, don't be a moron
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2019, 12:28:31 AM »

Good hook for Gillum's rematch.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2019, 05:40:44 PM »

Lololol
McNukes™ #NYCMMWasAHero
Nuke
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 8.09

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2019, 01:14:54 PM »

What incentive is there to pay a fine if you get out of jail and you get every right back? I don't support allowing felons to choose the Sheriff in the first place, but they haven't served their entire punishment (as is supposedly required by the 2018 referendum) if they haven't paid the fine. They're just out of jail.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2019, 02:57:36 PM »

He had his shot and he sh**t the bed. We lost the FL Supreme Court for a generation as a result
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2019, 05:05:49 PM »

What incentive is there to pay a fine if you get out of jail and you get every right back? I don't support allowing felons to choose the Sheriff in the first place, but they haven't served their entire punishment (as is supposedly required by the 2018 referendum) if they haven't paid the fine. They're just out of jail.

"Serv[ing] their entire punishment" (i.e. their "sentences") are prison, parole, & probation, & are what a convicted felon is to complete before once again becoming eligible to vote under the terms of the referendum. The legislation, however, in contrast to the referendum, tacks on restitution, fees, & fines, which aren't part of the legal "sentence" as they're, legally speaking, separately ordered by the courts.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2019, 10:21:20 PM »

He had his shot and he sh**t the bed. We lost the FL Supreme Court for a generation as a result
LOL. I thought there was an article that he was running again and a FL poster said the Dems would hand them the nomination. But yeah... Abrams definitely is the only one of the two that has a legitimate case for a rematch
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2019, 12:05:09 PM »

LOL. I thought there was an article that he was running again and a FL poster said the Dems would hand them the nomination. But yeah... Abrams definitely is the only one of the two that has a legitimate case for a rematch

Oh no, don't overestimate the FL Democratic Party. We'll absolutely hand him the nomination again. That's just how stupid we are.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2019, 09:03:19 AM »

Oh no, don't overestimate the FL Democratic Party. We'll absolutely hand him the nomination again. That's just how stupid we are.
One of my professors at the time of the election worked for the FL Dems. I won't name her, mainly because I forget it, but she was some type of middle tier functionary who also worked as a part time Professor. She was as dumb and distracted as anyone I'd ever meet at TCC. I mean this lady was teaching an American Government class and had us explain impeachment to her why the House can impeach but the President couldn't be removed from office. She didn't get that the House only indicts and that the Senate tries. I kinda realized college was a scam around that time, yet I'm still going Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies