UK General Election 2019 - Campaign Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:50:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  UK General Election 2019 - Campaign Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Election 2019 - Campaign Thread  (Read 9880 times)
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« on: July 03, 2019, 09:24:32 PM »
« edited: July 03, 2019, 09:36:14 PM by YPestis25 »

Conservative Schedule:
August 1st-August 7th
David Cameron campaigning in 2017. Sourced from Reuters through BBC.

August 1st
-Election kick-off rally in London.
“This election will determine so much more than the next few years. More than anything, this is a generational race. The economic progress, the progress in foreign affairs, all hinges on the outcome of the vote in just a few weeks. The Conservative Party has guided us through some of the most trying times in our nation’s long and storied history, and we can do so again, but only with your help!”

-Canvassing in Oxford.
-Canvassing in Reading.

August 2nd
-Canvassing in Northampton.
-Canvassing in Birmingham.
-Canvassing Coventry.

August 3rd
-Speech on Brexit in Sunderland.
“I’m sure that it is a rare sight indeed to see a Conservative Prime Minister visit Sunderland, let alone visit it in an election campaign! But I am here to speak about something very important: Brexit. Agree with it or not, the British people voted to leave the European Union. Democracy, must, and under a Conservative led ministry, will be respected. We cannot hold a new referendum simply because we disagree with the result of the first! As your Prime Minister, I will secure an equitable agreement to leave the European Union, one which will strengthen the United Kingdom and secure the future for generations to come.”

-Canvassing in Middlesbrough.
-Canvassing in Scarborough.

August 4th
-Canvassing in Manchester.
-Canvassing in Sheffield.
-Canvassing in Derby.

August 5th
-Canvassing in Liverpool.
-Canvassing in Chester.
-Canvassing in Caernarfon.
"Violence in political discord can never be accepted. The death of Councilman Carson is an absolute tragedy, and his family and friends will remain in our thoughts. The Government condemns this heinous attack in the strongest possible terms. The struggle for peace in Northern Ireland was long and arduous, and cannot be undone by a few radicals who would seek to plunge the area back into violence and chaos."

August 6th
-Prime Ministerial Duties
August 7th
-Canvassing in Cardiff.
"Further devolution is certainly not off the table, but the United Kingdom's territorial integrity, with its four constituent states must be maintained. Those seeking to create national disunity in order to facilitate political gain ought to be ashamed of themselves"
-Canvassing in Bristol.
-Canvassing in Bath.

Strategy:
The broad Conservative strategy for this general election will be two fold. On the one hand, high turnout must be maintained in party strongholds, particularly in England. These areas will be critical to any election victory. As such, significant resources will be devoted to fliers, billboards, and local ads to keep turnout high. A combination of scare tactics regarding a second referendum with the Liberal Democrats, or chaos with a resurgent labor will also be employed. These tactics in particular will be used to stop bleeding to the Brexit Party.

The second prong of this strategy will involve winning over disenchanted Labour voters who supported Brexit. In particular, with Alistair Darling now having taken over leadership of the party, efforts will be made to paint Labour as untrustworthy on the issue. Conservative pamphleteers will be devoted to wavering labor areas in Northeast England and Wales to use this strategy to maximum effect.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 04:56:46 PM »

Conservative Leadership Teams Per Region
Scotland - 59 seats
1 . David Mundell
2 . Ross Thomson
3 . Kirstene Hair

Wales - 40 seats
1 . David Davies
2 . Guto Bebb
3 . Stephen Crabb

West Midlands - 59 seats
1 . Wendy Morton
2 . Andrew Mitchell
3 . Caroline Spelman

East Midlands - 46 seats
1 . Alan Duncan
2 . Andrew Brigden
3 . Nicky Morgan

East of England - 50 seats
1 . Priti Patel
2 . David Gauke
3 . Jo Churchill

London - 80 seats
1 . Boris Johnson
2 . Justine Greening
3 . Zac Goldsmith

North West - 75 Seats
1 . Esther McVey
2 . Seema Kennedy
3 . Nigel Evans

Yorkshire and the Humber - 55 seats
1 . David Davis
2 . Julian Smith
3 . Andrea Jenkyns

South West - 55 seats
1 . Jacob Rees-Mogg
2 . Tobias Ellwood
3 . Liam Fox

South East - 84 seats
1 . Michael Gove
2 . Jeremy Hunt
3 . Amber Rudd

North East - 29 seats
1 . Simon Clark
2 . Guy Opperman
3 . Anne-Marie Trevelyan

Note: The Conservative Party will be competing for every seat in every region in which leadership teams are present. The leadership teams simply indicate the three MPs who will head the lists.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 06:48:24 PM »

Conservative Schedule:
August 8th-14th
August 8th
-Meet voters in Exeter
-Attend community meeting in Torbay
-Canvassing in Plymouth

August 9th
-Canvassing in Dorchester
-Canvassing in Southampton
-Speech in Portsmouth:
Our trading relationship with the Eurozone is of the utmost importance to our national economy, but this importance is seen no more strongly than here in the south of England. I promise you today that as your Prime Minister, I will ensure that equitable and fair free trade agreements are signed in the wake of Brexit so that local communities like Portsmouth are not harmed by the final deal.

August 10th
-Canvassing in Colchester
-Canvassing in Ipswich
-Canvassing in Norwich

August 11th
-Attend local Conservative clubs in London 
-Speech in London
In building an economy for everyone, we must work to ensure that every Briton from Aberdeen to Portsmouth and from Belfast to Brighton have the ability to actually benefit from that economy. It is simply impossible to do that without housing. As your Prime Minister one of my first moves will be devoting 150 million pounds to the construction of new shelters for the homeless and to the providing of new services for them. Moreover, my government will work to establish new tax abatements for those constructing affordable, good quality housing.

August 12th
-Meet with voters in Birmingham
-Canvassing in Coventry
-Canvassing in Northampton

August 13th

August 14th
-Meet with voters in Northampton
-Meet and greet in Nottingham
-Speech in Leicester
I am sure that many of you saw the debate, and I wonder if you are struggling as much as I am to understand both Labour and the Liberal Democrats’ position on Brexit. I mean, Labour has all but stated they are willing to hold repeated referenda until they get the result they want, and I suppose that’s at least logically consistent. Now the Lib Dems, and look I don’t blame them for making mistakes, they haven’t been in government in years, but the Lib Dems are both opposed to Brexit entirely, but have decided to support a plan to leave the European Union anyway! I guess I’ve got to ask Jo Swinson, which is it?

Strategy
The strategy for this week will be in much the same vein as the previous. Heavy focus will again be played into ensuring that the Conservative base turns out. This will be reflected with increased resources being put into the south of England along with the Prime Minister competing there.

Additional focus will be put on attacking both the Liberal Democratic and Labour position on Brexit itself. With the Prime Minister himself taking up the lead on this front, resources will be devoted into ad campaigns to target Brexit backing Labour areas in order to swing their votes. The Liberal Democrats will also be targeted, anticipating the fear of a Brexit-UKIP led government in light of their recent merger.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 05:25:15 PM »

Conservative Schedule:
August 15th-21st

August 15th
-Canvassing in Penrith.
-Canvassing in Kendal.
-Canvassing in Middlesbroug.

August 16th
-Canvassing in Hartelpool.
-Canvassing in York.
-Speech in Kingston upon Hull.
The Labour Party is trying to tell you all with a straight face that they want to keep voting on Brexit until they get the result they want. Why don’t they just finally admit that they simply do not respect the will of the people in places like Kingston? I promise you as your Prime Minister to carry out the people’s will on Brexit and secure an amiable deal for our United Kingdom.

August 17th
-Canvassing in Blackpool.
-Canvassing in Preston.
-Rally in Manchester.

August 18th
-Canvassing in Leeds.
-Canvassing in Lincoln.

August 19th
-Canvassing in Kendal.
-Canvassing in Carlisle.
-Rally in Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
It is a matter of trust. Who will you trust to deliver on Brexit? The parties that have demurred time and time again on the issue? The parties that have all but said that they wish to hold as many referendums as they can until you give them the result they want? There is only one party you can rely on to deliver Brexit, the Conservatives.

August 20th
-Canvassing in Sunderland.
-Canvassing in Scarborough.
-Prime Ministerial Duties.

August 21st
-Prime Ministerial Duties.

Strategy: Conservative strategy will follow broadly the same strokes of the past two weeks. Noting however the lack of traction that the focus on economic policy has had, the focus will instead shift heavily towards Brexit. In particular, a return to Labour strongholds in the Northeast and Midlands which supported Brexit is in order. The weaker Brexit Party push this week should also serve to allow the Conservatives to rest back at least part of the authority on the issue of Brexit.

Brexiteer surrogates such as Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and others will lead the charge in areas where the Prime Minister is unable to campaign. These aforementioned with continue the focus on Labor areas, while figures such as Jacob Rees-Mogg and Liam Fox will focus their efforts on juicing turnout in Conservative strongholds in the south.

Infrastructure: This week Conservative turnout and persuasion efforts must be kicked into gear. Campaign offices will focus on base voters throughout the South, Southeast, and Southwest. Canvassing, billboards, and surrogates will be the hallmarks of the strategy in this portion of the country.

In the Midlands and the Northeast efforts will be trained on persuasion instead of turnout. Here significant funds will be devoted to an activist driven, field program. Campaign offices will focus almost exclusively on canvassing. Features of the program will include a strong focus on Brexit and efforts to paint both Labour and the Liberal Democrats as out of touch, and the Conservative Party as the only party they can trust to carry out their will on Brexit.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 01:29:30 PM »

Conservative Schedule: August 22nd-August 28th

August 22nd
-Canvass in Penzance.
-Canvass in Plymouth.
-Speechin Exeter.
I condemn in the strongest terms the attack on Jo Swinson this week. The disturbing trend of resorting to violence in the wake of political disagreement has no place in a functioning democracy. We all must remind ourselves that even though we may disagree with our political counterparts, they, just like us, have the best interests of Britain at heart

August 23rd
-Canvass in Southampton.
-Canvass in Bath.
Canvass in Bristol.

August 24th
-Canvass in Portsmouth.
-Canvass in Brighton.
-Speech in Hasting.
It is important to remember ladies and gentlemen, that this is an election not just about Brexit. The flagrantly irresponsible fiscal proclamations by the Liberal Democratic Leader prove that. She would on a whim nearly double the NHS budget and triple the education budget. How does she propose we pay for this without bankrupting ourselves? Fiscal sanity is an issue which must not be forgotten over the din of Brexit.

August 25th
-Canvassing in Norwich.
-Canvassing in Ipswich.
-Canvassing in Cambridge.

August 26th

August 27th
-Canvassing in Birmingham.
-Canvassing in Derby.
-Canvassing in Nottingham.

August 28th
-Canvassing in Barrow-In-Furness.
-Canvassing in Workington.
-Speech in Carlisle.
Labour continues to beat the drum about a second referendum, so I have but one question for Mr. Darling. What happens if your promised second referendum takes place and the country again votes to leave the European Union? Shall we have a third? A fourth? No. We must carry out the will of the people now, agree or not. More is at stake than just Brexit. Public trust in our democratic institutions depends on us respecting a democratic referendum.

Strategy: This week, Conservative Strategy will continue much as it has in the past weeks. Efforts to persuade Brexit supporting non-Conservatives will continue apace in Northern England and with a continued slump by the Brexit Party, Brexiteer surrogates will keep focusing on the issue in a bid to rally further support behind the Conservatives.

In Southern England, while Rees-Mogg and Liam Fox will continue their campaigning, more moderate members of the party will also take up efforts to shore up support after the ChUK surge, particularly in the Southwest. In concert with this, and with the flagging Liberal Democratic Campaign in the region, efforts will be made not win over these voters, particularly with a focus on the fiscal irresponsibility of Jo Swinson’s pledges for both the NHS and education budgets.

Infrastructure: Campaign infrastructure will be maintained in Northern and Southern England. Expansion of GOTV and Persuasion capabilities will be limited to Wales and the city of London, where the vacuum left by declining Plaid and Lib Dem numbers respectively will be utilized to expand the smaller Conservtive base of support in the regions.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 11:56:58 AM »

Conservative Schedule: August 29th-September 4th

August 29th:
-Canvassing in Nottingham.
-Speech in Leicester.
: If I have said it once I have said it a hundred times. This election is about more than just the next five years, but the next fifty. If Britain fails in this moment to secure an equitable deal to leave the European Union, one which will not disrupt trade and will not plunge Northern Ireland back into chaos, then faith in our democratic institutions may be shattered beyond hope. The Conservative party quite frankly is the only party which can accomplish this monumental task.

August 30th:
-Canvassing in Peterborough.
-Canvassing in Cambridge.
-Canvassing in Chelmsford.

August 31st:
-Canvassing in Hillingdon.
-Canvassing in Sutton
-Canvassing in Canvassing in Havering.
-Speech in Havering.
The pundits constantly talk about London is the heart of the Remain movement in the United Kingdom. Yet fully 1.5 million people in Greater London voted with their counterparts in Sunderland and in Birmingham and in Sheffield to leave the European Union. London too stands to lose the most from a No Deal or a Bad Deal Brexit. My opponents would rather abandon the Brexit process arguing that it is “too difficult.” To them I say this. It is time we meet our challenges head on and not simply retreat at the first sign of adversity. Now who’s with me?

September 1st:
-Canvassing in Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
-Canvassing in Sunderland.
-Speech in Durham.
Well it looks like we finally have the remainers on the run up here. Now let's finish the job and send a message at the ballot box next week: the will of the people can and will be respect by your next Prime Minister!

September 2nd:
-Canvassing in Barnstaple.
-Canvassing in Bridgewater.
-Canvassing in Exeter.

September 3rd:
-Canvassing in Stoke-on-Trent.
-Canvassing in Stockport.
-Canvassing in Manchester.

September 4th:
-Canvassing in Dundee.
-Canvassing in Glasgow.
-Speech in Edinburgh.
Fundamentally it is a matter of trust. Who do you want governing this country for the next five years? Ms. Swinson will tax you all to death. Labour seems to be engaging in the same kind of politics that got us into this mess under Tony Blair and Gordon Brown, skirting any real answers on the most pressing issues of the day. A Conservative led ministry is the only sane choice for the next five years, and I am asking you to put your trust in me.

Strategy: The Conservative strategy in the penultimate week will hinge on four major areas. On the one hand, efforts to prevent further defections to the Brexit Party in the East of England and in York and the Humber will be led first by the Prime Minister, who will focus heavily on Brexit in his speeches their and then by the Conservative team leaders in the region, especially David Davis and Julian Smith.

The second point will focus on the South of England, deploying Conservative Leadership teams to paint the Liberal Democrats and Labour to a lesser extent as fiscally irresponsible and unable to properly lead a government. The campaign in this area will focus on the Southeast and Southwest of England's Conservative roots.

The third point will be a renewed focus on London, particularly leave neighborhoods. Prime Minister Cameron will make a point to visit leave voting neighborhoods, and note the damage which a no deal Brexit would deal to London. In the Prime Minister’s absence, Boris Johnson will lead the charge in London.

Finally, building on success in the north of England, the Prime Minister will head there before a swing through Scotland, again focusing on Brexit. Efforts to paint Labour and the Liberal Democrats as out of touch Remains will be the heavy focus of surrogates in the region.

Infrastructure: Final offices will be opened in London, the Midlands, and the North. Efforts from the field team tasked with contacting voters will shift from persuasion into GOTV. Conservatives must be mobilized even in heavily Labour areas in London, the North of England, and Wales.

Volunteers will employ pamphlets, talking points, Commit to Vote cards in an effort to improve the efficacy of their work.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies