🏆2019 Women's World Cup final: How many goals will the U.S. team win by?🏆 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:34:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  🏆2019 Women's World Cup final: How many goals will the U.S. team win by?🏆 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: I am referring to the goal difference only. Who are you rooting for?
by more than 10 goals
by 10 goals
by 9 goals
by 8 goals
by 7 goals
by 6 goals
by 5 goals
by 4 goals
by 3 goals
by 2 goals
by 1 goal
USA
Netherlands
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: 🏆2019 Women's World Cup final: How many goals will the U.S. team win by?🏆  (Read 2745 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 04, 2019, 02:26:32 PM »

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 07:54:47 AM »

I've always found it very interesting how the US Men's team is somewhat mediocre (compared to American performances in other sports especially where the US dominates) while the Women's Team is extremely good and an easy world cup contender.

Certainly an interesting contrast.
our male top athletes play other sports.  Our top women do to, just not as extremely.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 08:59:11 AM »

I've always found it very interesting how the US Men's team is somewhat mediocre (compared to American performances in other sports especially where the US dominates) while the Women's Team is extremely good and an easy world cup contender.

Certainly an interesting contrast.
our male top athletes play other sports.  Our top women do to, just not as extremely.

How popular is women's American football in the US? I know that women's basketball is covered quite often in the news. But I hear/read only very little about female football.
it's a thing, but it's not highly regarded.  I think there are several regional leagues of women playing at the lowest of semi-pro levels and play a legit form of football.  We have had a local team that offers a different experience for the fans.

I think it's gross, but I have a couple of co-workers that go to every home game (like 2 a year).
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 09:59:00 AM »

it's a thing, but it's not highly regarded.  I think there are several regional leagues of women playing at the lowest of semi-pro levels and play a legit form of football.  We have had a local team that offers a different experience for the fans.

I think it's gross, but I have a couple of co-workers that go to every home game (like 2 a year).

Okay?? 😁 Nevertheless, them football players are still more demurely and chastely dressed than female beach volleyball players. 😂
I'm not a fan of that either.  I enjoy an athletic female body as much as anybody,  but focusing on it during sport seems wrong.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 12:10:10 PM »

you broke your link
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 02:02:52 PM »

I don't have a problem paying our official international teams the same, but if we really want to help ladies soccer, the best thing is to do what Rapinoe suggested on Maddow.

Go to games, buy the jerseys, tell our friends.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies