The elephant in the room - Donald Trump's physical and mental deterioration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:18:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The elephant in the room - Donald Trump's physical and mental deterioration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18]
Author Topic: The elephant in the room - Donald Trump's physical and mental deterioration  (Read 41172 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: July 17, 2020, 07:13:12 AM »

cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

« Reply #426 on: July 17, 2020, 04:32:37 PM »

Wut
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #427 on: July 17, 2020, 05:58:14 PM »

Didn't Trump say some similarly baffling word-salad a few years ago, about toilets or something? He seems to be fascinated by water-based appliances. I wish he would have just become a plumber instead of the frigging President. Though if his presidency is anything to go by, he would probably also be bad at that profession.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #428 on: July 17, 2020, 09:37:26 PM »

Didn't Trump say some similarly baffling word-salad a few years ago, about toilets or something? He seems to be fascinated by water-based appliances. I wish he would have just become a plumber instead of the frigging President. Though if his presidency is anything to go by, he would probably also be bad at that profession.
I also remember when he said the country's water "was at a record clean".
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #429 on: July 17, 2020, 10:19:31 PM »

"[Puerto Rico] is an island, surrounded by water. Big water. Ocean water." — DJT, 09/29/17

Whether it’s drinking it, getting rained on by it, or just talking about it, water is one of Trump’s biggest Achilles Heels.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #430 on: July 18, 2020, 05:27:35 PM »

"[Puerto Rico] is an island, surrounded by water. Big water. Ocean water." — DJT, 09/29/17

Whether it’s drinking it, getting rained on by it, or just talking about it, water is one of Trump’s biggest Achilles Heels.

Maybe that also explains the alleged pee tape.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #431 on: July 18, 2020, 05:41:24 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2020, 05:50:39 PM by GP270watch »

Trump says people are 'flushing toilets 10, 15 times' in call for better water standards

“You can’t wash your hands practically, there’s so little water comes out of the faucet, and the end result is you leave the faucet on and it takes you much longer to wash your hands, you end up using the same amount of water,” he said at an event with small-business owners at the White House.

He also hates energy saving lightbulbs which have become standard and I thought conservatives were already over this debate but guess not.

But again this has nothing to do with Trump's supposed mental decline. When he was in Real Estate in NYC he hated Asbestos removal and if you think well that's expensive of course he would be, he also lobbied for continued Asbestos because he thought it was amazing.

President Trump’s long-time love affair with asbestos is making its way into federal policy

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #432 on: August 03, 2020, 11:03:22 AM »

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #433 on: August 15, 2020, 09:37:07 PM »

Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #434 on: August 23, 2020, 12:50:07 PM »

Why are we so focused on Joe and he's a 1 termer anyways, Harris will be the third person elected from Cali to be Prez and we will have a Harris museum instead of a Reagan Library what is too far away, the public has to have a car to reach it

I personally believe Biden will resign in the middle of his term.

What leads you to think this? I wouldn't discount this entirely, as I've had fears that Biden will die in office, and Kamala Harris accede to the Presidency.

I honestly believe he's in the early stages of dementia or Alzheimers.  Lots of people who have been down that road with a loved one that I know think that,
and I'm talking about some people who will vote for Biden believing that.  The man doesn't look sharp at all, and his wife acts like a caregiver.  (That's a compliment, not an insult.)

That's not a professional opinion on my part, but people are looking at Biden In The Basement and making up their own mind on this issue.  Is it fair?  Yes, it really is.  This isn't about having a funny accent or a tic; it's about getting to a point in mental acuity that many of us will get to someday if we live long enough.

Biden will resign when he knows he's not up to snuff.  I give him two (2) years.  He'll go out a sympathetic figure.  That's of course assuming he's elected, which remains to be seen.  Madame President's chances looked real good at this point.  
As someone who has a loved one with Alzheimer’s not only do I find that extremely offensive but I’m more than comfortable to say you are either straight up lying about knowing these people or these people are lying to you about knowing people with Alzheimer’s. A person in early stage dementia doesn’t ride a bicycle like he did in the Fox interview or give the type of speech he just gave at the convention   

I'm 63 years old and you think I'm lying about knowing such people?  You've got to be delusional.

A woman at my church who was younger than Biden was at the level Biden is now.  She worked in the office doing bill paying and such, rather part-time.  This is someone my wife and I knew well; she's far more than a casual acquaintance.  She adored our youngest son, who was in preschool at our church at the time.  She was a little younger than Biden is now.  When she was getting forgetful about small things, she was gently retired.  She was driving a car at this time.  Alone.  Two or three years after this, she was in an assisted living facility for folks in her condition.  This is not a casual acquaintance; that church was where she and my wife worked, and worked together at; it was a place we went every day and she was a person we saw multiple days of the week (my wife far more than I). 

There are others I know from church who are caring for spouses in this condition.  There are co-workers I know that have grappled with this issue with THEIR parents.  One of them, who is a likely Biden voter said in a casual conversation, "I do wonder . . ." about Biden's condition.  "He's definitely getting forgetful."  This is an apolitical person, and these conversations I have there are not the kind of conversations I have here in this intensely political forum.

That you would call me a liar is a statement about you.  I don't believe for one nanosecond that you are truly offended, and I doubt anyone that jumps on me for this comment believes so, either; they're just narrative warriors doing their bit.  I notice that these posts didn't offend you.  You're Faux Outrage is noted.

My point is that lots of Americans will see Biden and his wife and say to themselves  "Been there.  Done that."  They don't need FOX News to push them, either.  They have their own experiences. 
First off I missed that comment from NYC MM and second I made my disgust for that trollish twerp well known so to use him as gotcha is weak stuff. Second if you think my outrage is fake I’d like to redirect you to this thread I made earlier this year https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=365664.msg7253389#msg7253389

There's been 18 pages of thread that was originally titled with a reference to Donald Trump's worsening dementia.  I noticed that Hindsight is 2020 hasn't yet taken his opportunity to express his outrage on using this issue for political purposes, so I'm bumping this thread to make it easy.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #435 on: August 23, 2020, 06:40:07 PM »

Yes, a ten year-old Joe Biden was what forced his entire family to move because he could see the future about his political career?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #436 on: August 23, 2020, 07:12:03 PM »

There's been 18 pages of thread that was originally titled with a reference to Donald Trump's worsening dementia.  I noticed that Hindsight is 2020 hasn't yet taken his opportunity to express his outrage on using this issue for political purposes, so I'm bumping this thread to make it easy.

What? Huh
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #437 on: August 23, 2020, 10:38:04 PM »

There's been 18 pages of thread that was originally titled with a reference to Donald Trump's worsening dementia.

Indeed there is.  18 pages of evidence - that is, actual video evidence and transcripts of Trump’s efforts at speaking - of at best at least one serious cognitive disorder.  This was your first post in this thread, and it still doesn’t address any of the aforementioned evidence.  Not a single element of it.

I’m sure it’s easy to dismiss all 18 pages of evidence (and even I can admit that some of it is a bit of a reach) as "Trump Derangement Syndrome".  But mention Joe Biden right now, and we get fifteen paragraphs about Pam from church who says she likes Sleepy China Joe but my goodness he’s losing it don’t you know
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #438 on: August 23, 2020, 10:43:09 PM »

What? Huh

Dont try to make sense of it.
It's another one of his "demands" that people need to "condemn" a specific issue/person/organization, or else he feels the world is not properly turning on its axis.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #439 on: August 23, 2020, 10:48:40 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #440 on: August 23, 2020, 10:56:39 PM »

What? Huh

It's another one of his "demands" that people need to "condemn" a specific issue/person/organization, or else he feels the world is not properly turning on its axis.

This should literally be playing in anyone's head while reading a fuzzy post.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zjedLeVGcfE
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #441 on: August 23, 2020, 11:19:38 PM »

What? Huh

Yeah what happened was Fuzzy made thread about Biden not condemning BLM that somehow became about how he and “friends” he knows who have first hand experience with Alzheimer’s all think Biden has Alzheimer’s. To which I replied that not only did I found offensive as someone with a loved one who has Alzheimer’s but as someone with experience with the disease I was more than comfortable in saying Fuzzy was either straight up lying about knowing these people or they are lying to him about their experience with the diseases. So he’s bumping up this old thread because in his mind either Atlas red (in particular me) have to be equally offended by people saying Trump might be getting Alzheimer’s or we can’t call out Fuzzy when he does it to Biden
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #442 on: August 26, 2020, 10:56:41 PM »

It's a small thing amid all the fractal horrors of government by Donald Trump, yet its says a lot.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #443 on: August 27, 2020, 12:18:52 AM »

It's a small thing amid all the fractal horrors of government by Donald Trump, yet its says a lot.

DISGUSTING
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #444 on: August 28, 2020, 05:09:32 AM »

Is Trump's declining low energy a sign of dementia? Look at his 2016 RNC speech, Trump is full of energy, passion and has the proper tone. The deplorables loved his speech, and were whipped into a frenzy.

2016 RNC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWcez2OwT9s

His 2020 RNC speech was just pathetic from a energy and tone standpoint. He was putting his crowd to sleep. Trump sounded like Jeb! in that speech. I think if Trump had tried to run for president in 2020, his mental faculties would have declined too much for him to win the nomination. He was a strong speaker with a dark energy like Mussolini.

2020 RNC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8_7Ad4aDjg

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #445 on: August 30, 2020, 03:40:52 PM »

Mr. Trump slipped and nearly fell when taking the podium at his New Hampshire outdoor rally on Friday, 8/28.

It's being passed off as a joke, though there's no sign it's supposed to be comedy until Mr. Trump's after-the-fact complaint that, "They put in a floor that's like an ice skating rink." I had to dig around a little to find the clip linked above, as the typical video of the event seems to omit the slip and near-fall.

In this thread I have focused far more on Mr. Trump's frequent speaking problems and muddled thought processes more than his mobility. Even now, it still doesn't really seem to me that he's particularly any less mobile than any other unfit person of his age. That said, here is a long thread by a Trump observer and critic who believes his physical problems are at least as bad as his mental ones, and that they serve as a strong indicator of  Mr. Trump's decline (unrolled here):

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #446 on: August 31, 2020, 11:33:37 PM »

Mr. Trump isn't just evil and incompetent - his own advisers are making the case that he is legally incompetent -  incapable of carrying out the duties of the office he abuses.

Right-wingers like to talk about how a senile Biden will be replaced or master-minded by Harris. This is more projection - degenerate Donald already serves as a puppet for those who wish our America harm.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #447 on: September 01, 2020, 10:35:59 AM »

My tweet about how I wasn’t hospitalized for a series of mini-strokes (which isn’t actually being reported anywhere) has people asking a lot of questions already answered by the tweet

The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #448 on: September 01, 2020, 08:35:38 PM »

My tweet about how I wasn’t hospitalized for a series of mini-strokes (which isn’t actually being reported anywhere) has people asking a lot of questions already answered by the tweet

Funny how they had the VP on "standby" for fake news.  Roll Eyes
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #449 on: October 05, 2020, 08:58:42 PM »

Going to haul this thread out of semi-retirement for some Trump-related health news that is not entirely about his COVID infection.

“Don Jr. Thinks Trump Is Acting Crazy”: The President’s COVID Joyride Has the Family Divided
According to sources, Don Jr. has told friends that he tried lobbying Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump, and Jared Kushner to convince the president that he needs to stop acting unstable. “Don Jr. has said he wants to stage an intervention, but Jared and Ivanka keep telling Trump how great he’s doing,” a source said. Don Jr. is said to be reluctant to confront his father alone. “Don said, ‘I’m not going to be the only one to tell him he’s acting crazy,’” the source added.

One area where the family seems united is over the president’s manic tweeting early Monday morning. After Trump sent out more than a dozen all-caps tweets, the Trump children told people they want Trump to stop. “They’re all worried. They’ve tried to get him to stop tweeting,” a source close to the family told me. 

The Trump family’s private concern about Trump’s behavior could raise questions about his fitness for office. Trump has been prescribed drugs that medical experts say can seriously impair his cognitive function. Last night the New York Times reported that steroids, which Trump is reportedly taking, specifically dexamethasone, are known to “affect mood, causing euphoria or a general happiness.”
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies