Senate Confirmation Hearing: Dfwlibertylover for SoIA (Confirmed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:27:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Confirmation Hearing: Dfwlibertylover for SoIA (Confirmed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Confirmation Hearing: Dfwlibertylover for SoIA (Confirmed)  (Read 863 times)
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 05, 2019, 01:48:24 PM »
« edited: July 09, 2019, 06:57:34 PM by Esteemed Vice President Jimmy7812 »

Quote from: GRIFF-001
Dfwlibertylover is nominated for Secretary of Internal Affairs.

The nominee has 24 hours to make an opening statement.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 02:18:36 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2019, 02:31:29 PM by dfwlibertylover »

Senators, I thank you for your time. I would like to start out by being transparent and informing this body that I let both YoungTexan and Adam Griffin know that I was interested in the position of Secretary of Internal Affairs prior the Presidential election being decided.

First, I want to outline what I hope to achieve as the Secretary of Internal Affairs for the Adam Griffin Administration.
-   In order to help consolidate positions as promised by the President in his campaign, I would be willing to absorb positions such as Chief of Staff, Press Secretary, Congressional liaison, and any other positions that the President would want to delegate to the position of Secretary of Internal Affairs.
-   This would include issuing press releases on behalf of the President as frequently as needed (which I will note will only be if he himself does not wish to release his own), helping to organize the Administration and various meetings on a day to day basis, carrying out Presidential directives based on signed legislation and Presidential Executive Orders, and ensuring that Congress and the President are on the same page on various agendas (if needed).
-   I would pledge to remain active or else resign.

Having been involved in some way in this political simulator since June 2016, I would be able to provide insight that could help the Adam Griffin Administration work better. The problem with every Presidency since reset has been missing pieces in the Administrative workings. The position of Secretary of Internal Affairs has largely been misused or in some cases left vacant. This is an opportunity to have an active Secretary of Internal Affairs alongside an active President and Vice President, Secretary of State, and Attorney General. I believe that if the precedent for an active Secretary of Internal Affairs is started and continued (though to their credit, others like Fhtagn were also active in this role), then the position can stopped being viewed as a comfy position for loyalists to the elected Presidents and instead a serious position that is vital to the Administrations that the position is meant to help and serve.

For those wondering about my intentions, I will say that I believe a position like this will be an amazing learning experience for myself as it does not involve vote-getting (well, once this confirmation is over, that is) but rather one that involves putting in hard work and dedication. This is something that the Vice Presidency also helped instill in me and I hope my chaos levels continue to drop (barring an A/C malfunction, of course)

Once again I thank this Senate for its time and I will be pleased to answer any questions from any Senator or member of the public that would like to ask them, no matter how harsh.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 02:59:37 PM »

I support this nomination and urge the Senate to confirm.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 04:32:15 PM »

I couldn't think of a better choice for Internal Affairs. Former President DFW has excelled at organization and task management. He is a superb pick for this position and I have no objections to his nomination.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 05:58:10 PM »

Dfw is an excellent choice for SoIA and I agree with his priorities. I will happily vote in favour of his confirmation
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 06:02:32 PM »

Dfw will be a great SoIA.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 11:13:51 PM »

How do you see your office working to respond to various Game Moderator generated stories?

What level of engagement do you forsee between your office and the regional executives when it comes to implementation of federal laws? I recall seeing something about a resolution committee/council to review old laws, as a part of that would there be an eye also towards implementing neglected laws, or raising awareness to the regions about actions they can take in regards to such laws?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 03:24:45 AM »

How do you see your office working to respond to various Game Moderator generated stories?

What level of engagement do you forsee between your office and the regional executives when it comes to implementation of federal laws? I recall seeing something about a resolution committee/council to review old laws, as a part of that would there be an eye also towards implementing neglected laws, or raising awareness to the regions about actions they can take in regards to such laws?
Thanks for the questions Mr. Senator,

1. I will communicate with Madam President on any and all GM stories that come out as I cannot go rogue or anything like that and issue any press statements (unless I'm confident that President Griffin will agree with my stance, which I am never completely confident on.) However, to give an example of what this would look like, I would work to implement any directives or EO's issued by the President in response to a GM simulated story. I find that most response to GM stories occurs via the SoS or the President himself. However, if the situations calls for a response from the office of the SoIA, I would be quick to get to it. Do you have any specific examples that you would like me to respond to, like a test of sorts?

2. I still have a bit of a federalist streak (in the regional sense, I mean) so if a law deeply impacts the integrity of a region what have you, I would contact the regional leaders. I am glad to say I have working or great relationships with FM Scott, Governor Peanut, and Governor YT, so I am well equipped to reach all three of them with short notice. I believe it is particularly good to contact those three on issues that require regional funding as well or need some sort of investment and management by the regions

3. This is just to see what TNF bills we want to pass I haven't talked much with Madam President about this and today was also my first time seeing it. This is a good question, if there are laws that have gone unimplemented it would indeed be in the best interest of this political simulator to implement them, but I serve at the wishes of the President, so I would not go about implementing anything unless President Griffin (presumably at the advice of said committee) directed me to do so. I will point back to number two and say that if such actions require significant regional investment or management, then I would certainly contact the leader of the pertinent region.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2019, 03:36:39 PM »

Anymore questions?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2019, 04:10:54 PM »

How long until you randomly resign this position?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2019, 04:29:36 PM »

If you feel that way why did you endorse my nomination? Tongue

I obviously intend to serve out the full term if confirmed, I have a lot of respect for Adam as I did for Yankee Tongue
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2019, 04:31:35 PM »

If you feel that way why did you endorse my nomination? Tongue

I obviously intend to serve out the full term if confirmed, I have a lot of respect for Adam as I did for Yankee Tongue

You'll do well while you're in the job, but I'll be surprised if you last the full term. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2019, 02:17:38 AM »

Dfw can't get no respect. Tongue

I have no further questions for the nominee.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 09:53:00 AM »

A final vote has begun on this nomination for SoIA. Please vote AYE, NAY, or ABSTAIN.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2019, 10:04:13 AM »

Aye

Dfw is an excellent choice for SoIA and I agree with his priorities. I will happily vote in favour of his confirmation
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2019, 12:22:30 PM »

Aye
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2019, 02:37:54 PM »

hmmm
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2019, 03:49:37 PM »

Invalid option selected, try again.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2019, 03:51:30 PM »

hmmmmmmmm
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2019, 06:05:17 PM »

Aye
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2019, 06:45:23 PM »

Aye
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2019, 06:56:46 PM »

AYE Ftr

Didnt' expect Funk to vote so quickly.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2019, 06:57:26 PM »

The nomination of dfwlibertylover for SoIA has been confirmed by a vote of 5-0.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2019, 12:37:57 PM »

I thank the Senate for its (relative) confidence.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies