On camera, AfD crowd praises murder of German CDU politician by a Nazi
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:55:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  On camera, AfD crowd praises murder of German CDU politician by a Nazi
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: On camera, AfD crowd praises murder of German CDU politician by a Nazi  (Read 4136 times)
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2019, 11:39:11 AM »

I don't believe that your path through life should be determined by things beyond your control. Which is why I think dictating people's lives based on an inaccurate and essentialist conception of nationality, while bemoaning the existence of class is deeply hypocritical

And uruzitzu is right of course, the topic at hand is extremist violence being egged on by representatives of a mainstream party. Thankfully western culture and western values are not actually the grotesque parody of them that are espoused by our friends on the far right.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2019, 11:42:14 AM »

Which is why I think dictating people's lives based on an inaccurate and essentialist conception of nationality, while bemoaning the existence of class is deeply hypocritical
Who does this?
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2019, 11:44:02 AM »

Which is why I think dictating people's lives based on an inaccurate and essentialist conception of nationality, while bemoaning the existence of class is deeply hypocritical
Who does this?
The poster above me
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2019, 12:43:02 PM »

Every single one of these disgusting subhumans who praise or downplay the despicable murder of a democratic politician should be prosecuted and either fined or locked up. As I've mentioned earlier, the vast majority of the AfD is a cancer on society, and I'm saying this is someone opposed to unlimited immigration or skeptical of too many refugees coming in.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2019, 02:19:28 PM »

Who does this?
The poster above me
You must be confused. I'm a strong proponent of class politics (and even class warfare) in politics. I just don't believe in the existence of a transnational working class (though I think class transcends everything short of nationality, including all elements of identity).

What do you think class warfare is supposed to achieve if not the end of class privilege?

Seriously, politics is supposed to be about consequences. Not meaningless buzz phrases
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2019, 02:25:31 PM »

Every single one of these disgusting subhumans who praise or downplay the despicable murder of a democratic politician should be prosecuted and either fined or locked up. As I've mentioned earlier, the vast majority of the AfD is a cancer on society, and I'm saying this is someone opposed to unlimited immigration or skeptical of too many refugees coming in.

Please don’t use the word „subhumans“, even if the AfD crowd is in fact pretty hateful and disgusting.

Subhumans is a Nazi-term.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2019, 04:00:43 PM »

Please don’t use the word „subhumans“, even if the AfD crowd is in fact pretty hateful and disgusting.

Nazis are subhuman.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2019, 04:22:50 PM »

So what did the AFD do? Well they used the Murder for their own political motives, putting on a show.... then politicizing it by saying merkel had blood on her hands and so on.
people that politicize murder for their own gains and say others have blood on their hands because of it are horrible people.  Which is why so many gun control nuts are horrible people.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2019, 04:33:15 PM »

Nazis are subhuman.

Some are just misguided people driven by fear.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2019, 06:18:03 PM »

Nazis are subhuman.

Some are just misguided people driven by fear.

And they are the ones who can be, and sometimes are, won over to something better.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2019, 06:48:44 PM »

Countries are not families and not all my fellow countrymen are my relatives, even though I share a common language and culture with them.
If your country doesn't mean anything to you on a deep level, I think this is a miserable way to get through life. Cosmopolitanism is a very unfortunate disposition.

Thank you very much. Of course I didn't mean that my country is meaningless for me. Furthermore, I believe the rich diversity of languages and cultures that exist in the world are common assets of the human beings living on this planet. It's usual that human beings share a feeling of belonging, an emotional connection to their land or their culture. These are essential elements of our human condition and cannot be ignored. Said this, my love for my country or my feeling of belonging don't lead me to despise outsiders and don't make me feel the desire to build a wall to protect me from their pollution.

Do you notice how this tread, which was about the murder of a democratic Politician by a neo-nazi, has been turned by the right into a debate about whether asylum seekers are all guilty or not?
They manage to pervert the Agenda towards their personal narrative, even when it is the far-right killing on our streets.

We should be talking how them calling democratic politicians "traitors" and "enemies of the people", has allowed this to happen.

Exactly. This kind of hate speech appeals directly to the lowest passions and the deepest fears. Its subliminal violence can incite the more extremist elements to commit despicable crimes like the murder of this CDU politician. This is one of the main reasons why parties and organizations resorting to this kind of xenophobic and hateful speech must be condemned and fought back, preferably through persuasion and education. Hate speech and political extremism thrive in times of fear and confusion. The concerns of the people that far right populists like AfD use to their advantage must be addressed by our democratic politicians, without resorting to opportunism and demagoguery

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2019, 11:04:42 AM »

“All foreign born crime is preventable” is like saying, “if we castrate all men, there would be no more rape”
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2019, 01:09:41 PM »

“All foreign born crime is preventable” is like saying, “if we castrate all men, there would be no more rape”

It would certainly greatly reduce rape.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2019, 01:15:05 PM »

Or, "if we ban all guns, there would be no more gun violence"
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2019, 05:16:41 PM »

no it is not
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2019, 05:48:56 PM »

no it is not

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untermensch
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2019, 05:55:30 PM »

no it is not

Just cause they used it doesn't mean it originated with them. They used it for evil purposes but that doesnt mean the only way it can be used is for evil purposes.

The Nazis were subhuman and all the  Nazis at the Nuremberg Trials should have all been sentenced to death.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2019, 06:57:14 PM »

no it is not

Just cause they used it doesn't mean it originated with them. They used it for evil purposes but that doesnt mean the only way it can be used is for evil purposes.

The Nazis were subhuman and all the  Nazis at the Nuremberg Trials should have all been sentenced to death.

Nobody said "orginated".
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2019, 10:13:45 PM »

None of these horrible things - this horrible murder case, all the other horrible murder and rape cases - would have happened if Merkel had just kept the border closed.

Interesting, though, that the left didn't give a damn when 14-year old Susanna Feldmann from Mainz was raped and killed by one of Merkel's immigrants. AfD were the only ones who cared.

Jesus Christ dude, it's scary to watch the path you're wandering down. What a horrifically ugly and inaccurate whataboutism
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2019, 11:43:05 PM »

Someone: Neo-nazis are promoting/celebrating violence and genocide, they need to be deplatformed and pushed back to the fringes of society.

Neo-nazi masquerading as a conservative, Republican, "independent", etc.: Yeah, and the same goes for antifa, BLM, Black Panthers, and activists!

Y'all aren't slick.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies