KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:24:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39
Author Topic: KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in  (Read 58431 times)
TML
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2019, 09:41:46 AM »

You know what...the more I read about McGrath and her campaign message, the more I get the feeling that I'm not even sure I know what she stands for. It's not enough to just say "I'm not ______", so I now think that if McGrath were to continue down her current path, she could end up just like McConnell's previous opponent in terms of the final election margin.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2019, 10:25:11 AM »

You know what...the more I read about McGrath and her campaign message, the more I get the feeling that I'm not even sure I know what she stands for. It's not enough to just say "I'm not ______", so I now think that if McGrath were to continue down her current path, she could end up just like McConnell's previous opponent in terms of the final election margin.

Lol. She ain’t gonna lose because people don’t know what she stands for. She’s gonna lose because she’s a Democrat in Kentucky.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2019, 10:36:17 AM »
« Edited: July 09, 2019, 10:43:01 AM by Elliot County Populist »

I'm gonna totally grift for McGrath shares on predict it. Then buy cocaine mitch shares at a lower value. Anyone want to help me scam these donors and make em buy McGrath shares once it launches? All you need to do is tell em look Kentucky Democrat advantage registration and mitch McConnell low approval.

I also endorse  Beshear. If he somehow wins  Democrat donors will believe cocaine mitch is beatable.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2019, 10:43:35 AM »

I'm gonna totally grift for McGrath shares on predict it. Then buy cocaine mitch shares at a lower value. Anyone want to help me scam these donors and make em buy McGrath shares once it launches? All you need to do is tell em look Kentucky Democrat advantage registration and mitch McConnell low approval.

I also endorse  Beshear. If he somehow wins  Democrat donors will believe cocaine mitch is debatable.

Either McGrath is a narcissistic idiot or she’s a narcissistic grifter who knows she’s gonna be rolling in the campaign cash of delusional liberals
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2019, 10:45:50 AM »

As I've said before, this race is unwinnable with any Democrat, so it doesn't really matter how she campaigns or if she stands for anything. if I was a donor or DNC member, I would not allocate any resources whatsoever to this race.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2019, 11:29:27 AM »

Will this have any effect on down-ballot races?
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2019, 11:46:45 AM »

McGrath is pivoting slightly to the right:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/09/amy-mcgrath-seeks-makeover-pro-trump-democrat/1680960001/
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2019, 11:51:27 AM »

If she couldn't win in a seat well to the left of the state in a historically Democratic year what makes her think she can win statewide with Trump at the top of the ticket?
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2019, 11:52:46 AM »

If she couldn't win in a seat well to the left of the state in a historically Democratic year what makes her think she can win statewide with Trump at the top of the ticket?

No harm in trying. Longshot races can prove to be very consequential (just look at Beto)
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2019, 11:54:11 AM »

That money from idiot donors bruh. Just write off all your expenses/bar tabs to the campaign and life is great
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2019, 11:55:33 AM »

That money from idiot donors bruh. Just write off all your expenses/bar tabs to the campaign and life is great
She'll definitely pull donations from resistance idiots that could go to actual competitive races in North Carolina and Colorado
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2019, 11:56:44 AM »

She'll definitely pull donations from resistance idiots that could go to actual competitive races in North Carolina and Colorado

Colorado probably won't be competitive.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2019, 11:58:51 AM »

The denocrat will most likely win, but I'm guessing the race will still be within 5 pts
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2019, 12:00:07 PM »

Yeah, Strong Moderate IncumbentTM Cory Gardner would obliterate Jesus himself if he was the Democratic candidate.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2019, 12:21:43 PM »

You know, I actually think she might have a chance.

Of doing better than Jim Gray did in 2016. Actually winning? pffffttttt

Please. Jim Gray did amazing. There's a reason him and Kander are the only Democrats that ran ahead of Hillary Clinton.

McGrath running ahead of ALG seems like the best benchmark.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2019, 12:35:40 PM »

I also endorse  Beshear. If he somehow wins  Democrat donors will believe cocaine mitch is debatable.

Either McGrath is a narcissistic idiot or she’s a narcissistic grifter who knows she’s gonna be rolling in the campaign cash of delusional liberals

Or job-seeking in a future Cabinet. I have little doubt she'd be a great Sec. of Defense or Sec. of Vets Affairs to a Harris administration.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2019, 12:53:57 PM »

TURTLE

MAN

BAD
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2019, 01:01:27 PM »

A very strong announcement video. Hope she can ditch Mitch, but I doubt it's happening. Still safe Republican.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2019, 01:06:18 PM »

Or job-seeking in a future Cabinet. I have little doubt she'd be a great Sec. of Defense or Sec. of Vets Affairs to a Harris administration.

Best case is she runs a strong campaign and helps build up Kentucky Democrats' campaign infrastructure statewide.  Even if she doesn't win, a good campaign could have beneficial results down-ballot both next year and into the future.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2019, 01:54:25 PM »

Nate, No! Don't give them false hope!
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2019, 01:56:23 PM »

YES NATE ALUMINUM GIVE ME THAT DEM CASH.

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2019, 01:57:51 PM »

I think Scott Taylor has a shot against Mark Warner. Probably this race might be a little "closer".
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2019, 01:59:17 PM »

Nate Silver thinks McGrath has a shot because of approval ratings and his status as a party leader. This is his job and he still hasn't learned from past elections.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2019, 02:11:07 PM »

Nate Silver thinks McGrath has a shot because of approval ratings and his status as a party leader. This is his job and he still hasn't learned from past elections.
Nate Silver is great at models and numbers but is Bill Kristol level terrible as a pundit
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2019, 02:33:04 PM »

The fact that Phil Bredesen, a guy with 60% favorables for most of the 2018 cycle, lost by double digits in a state that is a little friendlier to Dems than KY is in a D+9 year isn't teaching these people a lesson is beyond me. Screw it, I might go drop a ton of money on McConnell now too on PredictIt. So much for Democrats being more logical and reasonable when they still think beating McConnell is possible, lol.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies