KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:45:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 39
Author Topic: KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in  (Read 58416 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2019, 08:21:07 AM »

The problem for Democrats is that this race won't be competitive and will siphon money from left-wing idiots that could go to actual races
That's not how donors work. Her average donation is something like $36, so mostly small donors. This isn't money that can be transferred to Georgia or North Carolina — it's people giving to a candidate (or, against a candidate) who they feel strongly about, in a way that they don't feel compelled to donate to random b-listers in Montana
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2019, 08:22:36 AM »

The people over at DailyKos Elections are evenly stupidly buying into the idea that contesting KY is a good idea. So much for Democrats being more rational and logical than Republicans
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2019, 08:34:11 AM »

McGrath naised 2 M her first day she announced
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2019, 09:05:04 AM »

The problem for Democrats is that this race won't be competitive and will siphon money from left-wing idiots that could go to actual races
That's not how donors work. Her average donation is something like $36, so mostly small donors. This isn't money that can be transferred to Georgia or North Carolina — it's people giving to a candidate (or, against a candidate) who they feel strongly about, in a way that they don't feel compelled to donate to random b-listers in Montana

That doesn’t make them any less gullible or this any less of a scam. If anything it shows how easy it is to scam people in America nowadays by playing off people’s emotions
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2019, 09:10:46 AM »

That doesn’t make them any less gullible or this any less of a scam. If anything it shows how easy it is to scam people in America nowadays by playing off people’s emotions
Goes to show that even the most informed and dedicated activists can be swindled. Had one on my feed saying they will expand the electorate in Kentucky. Like.... expand to who? LOL. Other poor white folk who have racial resentment? Kentucky is a waste of time but go off.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2019, 09:49:22 AM »

If she has little chance of winning, at least keeping McConnell tied down by giving him a race has some value.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2019, 10:06:50 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/card/mcgrath-raises-record-2-5-million-first-day-senate-campaign-n1028121?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma
2.5 million.
Another female military vet could use that more.(Hegar) and could actually win but turtle man bad wins. Anyway what I have to do is find out these donors and get them on predict it when it launches so I can make that sweet $$$$
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2019, 12:12:37 PM »

I don't get the "she's stealing money from other candidates" argument. It is clear there is a ton of energy out there right now, there is more than enough energy and money for the democrats to compete everywhere they want to. This was shown in 2018 where money flooded basically every race that was seriously contested. I wouldn't worry too much about her "stealing races". There is nearly zero harm in trying to win Kentucky because if by some miracle McConnell happens to lose, this forum would be in celebration for months.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2019, 12:38:16 PM »

McGrath isnt stealing votes from other candidates, votes are giving her the money, due to fact, she is fundraisering at the same time Steve Beshear is, and thats why I would rank this race over TX, unless Chris Bell gets the nomination😁

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2019, 01:50:01 PM »

I'm gonna totally grift for McGrath shares on predict it. Then buy cocaine mitch shares at a lower value. Anyone want to help me scam these donors and make em buy McGrath shares once it launches? All you need to do is tell em look Kentucky Democrat advantage registration and mitch McConnell low approval.

I also endorse  Beshear. If he somehow wins  Democrat donors will believe cocaine mitch is beatable.
My God this plan is brilliant! It's a good thing absolutely no one else has thought of it, that PredictIt users are exactly the same as the sort of people that donate to opponents of hated incumbents and tend to not be far more analytical than emotional in their bets AND that they're easily swayed by the sort of things you want to bring up, that such donors are blowing big amounts instead of making small donations and would be equally willing to make big bets on a betting site, and that PredictIt doesn't heavily eat into the winnings of contracts above 80 cents with all their fees thus making a simple savings account or bond often a better deal. I mean if any one of those things were true this absolute stroke of genius probably wouldn't work.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2019, 01:58:26 PM »

I'm gonna totally grift for McGrath shares on predict it. Then buy cocaine mitch shares at a lower value. Anyone want to help me scam these donors and make em buy McGrath shares once it launches? All you need to do is tell em look Kentucky Democrat advantage registration and mitch McConnell low approval.

I also endorse  Beshear. If he somehow wins  Democrat donors will believe cocaine mitch is beatable.
My God this plan is brilliant! It's a good thing absolutely no one else has thought of it, that PredictIt users are exactly the same as the sort of people that donate to opponents of hated incumbents and tend to not be far more analytical than emotional in their bets AND that they're easily swayed by the sort of things you want to bring up, that such donors are blowing big amounts instead of making small donations and would be equally willing to make big bets on a betting site, and that PredictIt doesn't heavily eat into the winnings of contracts above 80 cents with all their fees thus making a simple savings account or bond often a better deal. I mean if any one of those things were true this absolute stroke of genius probably wouldn't work.

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/3608/Will-Dean-Heller-be-re-elected-to-the-US-Senate-in-Nevada-in-2018

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2019, 02:09:07 PM »

For people who never used PredictIt:

There's a limit of $850 per market. If you got McConnell shares at 85 cents a share (and no spamming amateur #analysis won't get it lower), you'd be able to buy 1000 shares. That's a winning of $150...minus the 10% fee. So actually $135. Add that to the $850 and you get $985...subject to a 5% withdrawal fee. You'd get $935.75 out. An $85.75 profit.

If you use a credit card you'll pay all that in interest and if you actually have $850 laying around you can afford to have tied up that long there's many better investments you could make. You could also make more money by working part time at McDonald's for a week.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2019, 02:10:25 PM »

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/3608/Will-Dean-Heller-be-re-elected-to-the-US-Senate-in-Nevada-in-2018

So you're going to set up a polling company that'll release a bunch of bad polls right before the election showing McConnell down? Because that's the only way you'd replicate that happening.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2019, 02:26:10 PM »

Yes, polling KY-SEN will be going on at the same time they poll KY-GOV, all year long, until Nov, 2019, there will be polling from the two sources.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2019, 02:29:31 PM »

Honestly, during her 2014 Senate Run, Alison Grimes should have lied and claimed that she voted for Romney in 2012 whenever asked about it. If she did, then the race would have likely ended up within 5 points, and could have gone either way.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2019, 02:30:31 PM »

Honestly, during her 2014 Senate Run, Alison Grimes should have lied and claimed that she voted for Romney in 2012 whenever asked about it. If she did, then the race would have likely ended up within 5 points, and could have gone either way.

No one accused Kentuckians of being smart, but they’re also not that dumb
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2019, 05:37:08 PM »

https://mobile.twitter.com/HolmesJosh/status/1149075028601954304

This woman really isn't ready for prime-time
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2019, 05:55:36 PM »

McGrath may not be as skilled at this as we all thought:

Cuca_Beludo
Rookie
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2019, 06:07:46 PM »

Tapper: You compared Trump's election to 9/11. Can you explain that?

McGrath: Um, well, I only meant that, uh, they were both... very surprising

Lmao this woman is a joke.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2019, 06:14:43 PM »

I am glad I didnt jump on bandwagon and donate to her campaign
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2019, 06:46:22 PM »

henster
YaBB God

« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2019, 06:47:54 PM »

McGrath is better off carpetbagging somewhere else I still don't get why she moved from MD to KY... She lived in Annapolis and could've just jumped over to the MD-6 which was open at the time but here we are with her trying to appeal to Trump voters in a deep red state.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2019, 06:49:06 PM »

I told y’all.... waste of time, energy, and resources
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2019, 07:00:48 PM »

Which is sad because she is so talented which such a great backstory but wasted in Kentucky. She had VA-10 and MD-6 to choose from to run for in 2018 and chose KY-6.
Thunder98 🇮🇱 🤝 🇵🇸
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2019, 07:01:14 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2019, 08:24:30 PM by Thunder98 »

Safe R regardless, KY Dems may as well recruit Rocky Adkins to run against McConnell
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 39  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies