KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:12:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 39
Author Topic: KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in  (Read 58313 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2019, 12:51:54 AM »

After what McGrath said, Jim Gray should immediately jump into race and try to beat her, or Beshear will lose. Bredesen and Strickland and Bayh made conservative positions and lost the elections, by not taking progressive stances
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2019, 01:11:06 AM »

Easily one of the worst and most overrated Democrats out there, so I’m definitely looking foward to McConnell annihilating her:

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2019, 01:25:05 AM »

Solid thinks this is Lean D, seriously,  she didnt learn from Bredesen, who said the samething and lost. Safe R and KY-Gov
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2019, 01:46:16 AM »

Solid thinks this is Lean D, seriously,  she didnt learn from Bredesen, who said the samething and lost. Safe R and KY-Gov

You repeatedly said McConnell might lose? And Beshear is likely to win.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2019, 02:58:55 AM »

...is this like the fastest campaign blunder ever?
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2019, 06:25:33 AM »

The Democratic leadership couldn't get Bullock or Hickenlooper to run and instead are focusing recruitment attention and money on this fool's gold seat. Fell into the same trap in 2014.

What a joke of an opposition party on the Senate level.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #131 on: July 11, 2019, 06:29:25 AM »

On one hand it is unfortunate that McGrath seems to be a worse candidate than expected but otoh even if she were a perfect candidate this race would still be Safe R.
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2019, 06:58:29 AM »

Adkins should run and beat her in the primary just to flex on Twitter Dems.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2019, 07:20:49 AM »

Had Jim Gray won the primary, he would have won in KY-06.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2019, 07:22:03 AM »

Also, I'd support Matt Jones and not Rocky Adkins in the primary.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2019, 08:03:01 AM »

Cornyn isnt losing to Hegar, he will lose to C Bell. We need Franken to run in Iowa against Ernst

Franken running in Iowa?  What on God's green earth are you talking about?

Not Al Franken lol. There's a retired Navy Admiral named Michael Franken who's apparently considering a bid.
InheritTheWind

« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2019, 09:18:56 AM »

Jesus Christ she's so bad at this.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2019, 03:01:07 PM »

The Democratic leadership couldn't get Bullock or Hickenlooper to run and instead are focusing recruitment attention and money on this fool's gold seat. Fell into the same trap in 2014.

What a joke of an opposition party on the Senate level.

Usually agree with most things you say; but honestly what would you do differently as Schumer & co?

Like the Senate is a god awful place to work; both Bullock and Hickenlooper are ex governors in their 60s (so are hardly going to be lifers) who want the ego trip of running for President.

What can Schumer do to get them to run?  People seem to forget how egotistical, stubborn and tin eared a lot of politicians are- it's not like there's just a lever for Schumer to pull.

I think we tend to obsess slightly over recruiting; Strickland, Bredesen, Bayh, McSally, and lots of others were seen as great recruits where as people Jacky Rosen were at the bottom of Harry Reid's list to run
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2019, 03:04:49 PM »

Easily one of the worst and most overrated Democrats out there, so I’m definitely looking foward to McConnell annihilating her:

Damn, that's devastating and it's only the first ad.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2019, 03:34:17 PM »

Yarmuth and other local Dems are on record as wanting a primary, though not endorsing someone else. Jones sounds more interested than he initially did, and Adkins is also being courted. National Dems aren't interested in Jones though.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #140 on: July 11, 2019, 03:59:20 PM »

I really love this quote : ''Yarmuth said it is a waste of time for Kentucky Democrats to court Trump voters, who delivered the president a 30 percentage point victory in 2016. He said the better pathway to defeating McConnell is running up huge margins in urban centers, such as his district of Louisville, and other Democratic strongholds such as Lexington.''
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #141 on: July 11, 2019, 04:02:44 PM »

I really love this quote : ''Yarmuth said it is a waste of time for Kentucky Democrats to court Trump voters, who delivered the president a 30 percentage point victory in 2016. He said the better pathway to defeating McConnell is running up huge margins in urban centers, such as his district of Louisville, and other Democratic strongholds such as Lexington.''

This strategy worked really well for Jim Gray.

Anyway, I think Rocky Adkins would have at least given McConnell a scare, but McGrath is going to do worse than ALG and Gray.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2019, 04:10:06 PM »

Anyway, I think Rocky Adkins would have at least given McConnell a scare, but McGrath is going to do worse than ALG and Gray.

Worse than ALG is a pretty hard thing to fathom.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2019, 04:33:00 PM »

A Democrat getting less than 40% in KY is quite easy to fathom. Even against McConnell. And McGrath hardly inspires confidence.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2019, 05:29:24 PM »

A Democrat getting less than 40% in KY is quite easy to fathom. Even against McConnell. And McGrath hardly inspires confidence.
Her campaigns off to a rocky start but don't count her off yet she nearly won a trump +10 district last year. I think Adkins is our best shot at the seat but McGrath isn't DOA just yet though this race is almost safe r
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2019, 05:33:32 PM »

Her campaigns off to a rocky start but don't count her off yet she nearly won a trump +10 district last year. I think Adkins is our best shot at the seat but McGrath isn't DOA just yet though this race is almost safe r

If anything that bolsters the argument against her. If she couldn’t win the second Dem friendliest  seat in KY last year what the hell makes people think she has any shot statewide
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2019, 05:37:13 PM »

Actually Trump +16
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2019, 05:37:45 PM »

Yeah that's still a double digit loss in this state. LOL.

Whew! Imagine donating all of your cold, hard cash to this race hoping to flip the Senate with a dud candidate and ignoring states that have sprawling metros with hordes of non-white people and white progressives eager to be mobilized and flip their respective states.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2019, 05:39:08 PM »

Yeah I'd rather even spend on GA than this mess.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2019, 05:42:19 PM »

Adkins would have the best shot, but he still most likely loses by double digits. at least he'd win back some ancestral Democrats and maybe a handful of moderate Republicans who don't like McConnell but won't vote for a "progressive" Democrat.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 39  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies