Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:00:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 103534 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2019, 11:50:16 AM »

https://pagesix.com/2019/06/20/hunter-biden-accused-of-fathering-child-with-arkansas-woman/

Beau seemed like a good man, but Hunter’s a real POS isn’t he?
VeniceItaly
Rookie
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2019, 04:30:03 PM »

Look at this tweet.

Imagine unironically posting a Charlie Kirk meme... Kamala had 22K in Oakland... America wants Kamala!
No they want the old touchy feely racist and trump.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2019, 05:50:53 PM »

I think people make the mistake of solely attributing Hillary's loss to her and gender and thinking Biden would be better off. A large part of her loss was because her long record in politics where she carried a lot of baggage and scandals. The constant flip flopping over the years on issues she had to evolve on made her look untrustworthy. Candidates with long voting record and decades in office are often the politicians voters hate the most.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2019, 07:08:27 PM »

I think people make the mistake of solely attributing Hillary's loss to her and gender and thinking Biden would be better off. A large part of her loss was because her long record in politics where she carried a lot of baggage and scandals. The constant flip flopping over the years on issues she had to evolve on made her look untrustworthy. Candidates with long voting record and decades in office are often the politicians voters hate the most.

Clinton didn't lose entirely because of her sex, but there is no denying that Biden being a male makes him less vulnerable to the inherent biases that some have towards female politicians. I have yet to hear anyone call Biden "untrustworthy" for instance.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2019, 07:41:45 PM »

“No one’s standard of living will change, nothing would fundamentally change,” the former vice president said at a New York fundraiser of rich donors on Tuesday.

"I need you very badly. I hope if I win this nomination, I won’t let you down. I promise you."

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-biden-wont-demonize-the-rich_n_5d09ac63e4b0f7b74428e4c6?ncid=engmodushpmg00000003&fbclid=IwAR1qgi_YS8qo6WYNlqY10fd9FOV0qaLxhFyh80DMHis7laj2ZOeV51AFoSE
JG

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2019, 07:57:11 PM »

Clinton didn't lose entirely because of her sex, but there is no denying that Biden being a male makes him less vulnerable to the inherent biases that some have towards female politicians. I have yet to hear anyone call Biden "untrustworthy" for instance.

Or opportunist. Which is pretty telling considering how much Clinton (and others like Gillibrand) have been attacked for that.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2019, 07:57:21 PM »

I used to think Biden talks before thinking, but now I question whether he thinks at all.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2019, 09:13:34 PM »

I used to think Biden talks before thinking, but now I question whether he thinks at all.

Joe Biden says that he has a higher IQ than you.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/biden-flashback-i-think-i-probably-have-a-much-higher-iq-than-you-do
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2019, 12:01:58 AM »
« Edited: June 21, 2019, 12:44:33 AM by Hammy »

Biden has been doing terrible, he's not the guy. The sooner the Democrats realize this the better. He's not Obama and Obama can not bequeath him the Obama coalition. He will turn off young voters to not care and stay home because he's not offering anything new. I can beat Donald Trump is not enough we already saw this in 2016.

If they haven't learned it yet, they're never going to. I am legitimately missing Hillary at this point by comparison, something I never in a million years thought I'd say regarding Dem candidates.

“No one’s standard of living will change, nothing would fundamentally change,” the former vice president said at a New York fundraiser of rich donors on Tuesday.

"I need you very badly. I hope if I win this nomination, I won’t let you down. I promise you."

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-biden-wont-demonize-the-rich_n_5d09ac63e4b0f7b74428e4c6?ncid=engmodushpmg00000003&fbclid=IwAR1qgi_YS8qo6WYNlqY10fd9FOV0qaLxhFyh80DMHis7laj2ZOeV51AFoSE

This is both depressing and horrifying coming from the person most Dem partisans see as the best alternative to Trump.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2019, 12:58:09 AM »
« Edited: June 21, 2019, 01:09:22 AM by Statilius the Epicurean »

I don't like Biden whatsoever, but this busing thing is the most ridiculous attack in history. If Biden is racist for opposing busing in the 70s, doesn't that make every single elected Democratic politician racist as none of them support busing today? Hell, is there one Dem candidate in this primary with any policy for school desegregation at all? Why dredge up this weird attack on Biden when the party as a whole has done absolutely nothing on the issue for decades? Maybe start there? The whole thing is braindead kneejerk ahistorical disingenuous wokeness of the worst kind.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2019, 01:36:23 AM »

Joe Biden supported Clarence Thomas, with Hollings and Alan Dixon, who were Reagan conservatives.  So, it's not that surprising he said this.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2019, 01:43:52 AM »

Claiming Joe Biden is racist is just ridiculous. What far more concerns me about the dude is that he looks old and seems not to create much excitement.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2019, 01:47:16 AM »

Claiming Joe Biden is racist is just ridiculous. What far more concerns me about the dude is that he looks old and seems not to create much excitement.

He has no reason to say what he did, he has the Clarence Thomas issue, but Democrats arent gonna support Sanders. Democratic Establishment  by Eddie Rendell pushed Biden. But, doesnt see Warren or Sanders as electable
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2019, 06:58:14 AM »

That Biden had poor enough judgement and awareness to say everything he's said over the past two days almost escapes comprehension.

I can't stand the guy, so I can't help but admit that I'm enjoying seeing him receive his comeuppance, especially such a short time before the debates.  Hopefully this hurts his poll numbers noticeably, but I'm doubtful.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2019, 11:10:16 AM »

VIDEO: Rep. John Lewis with a powerful defense of @JoeBiden: "I don't think the remarks are offensive. During the height of the civil rights movement we worked with people and got to know people that were members of the klan...We never gave up on our fellow human being..."

Worst case scenario for anti-Biden people is this flap turns into another example of woke white liberals projecting their own feelings onto African Americans and it strengthen's Biden support with them.

Best case scenario for them is that this turns into a generational split among African Americans.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2019, 12:28:39 PM »

VIDEO: Rep. John Lewis with a powerful defense of @JoeBiden: "I don't think the remarks are offensive. During the height of the civil rights movement we worked with people and got to know people that were members of the klan...We never gave up on our fellow human being..."

Worst case scenario for anti-Biden people is this flap turns into another example of woke white liberals projecting their own feelings onto African Americans and it strengthen's Biden support with them.

Best case scenario for them is that this turns into a generational split among African Americans.

I would agree, if Biden was actually pushing for civil rights back then, but clearly he wasn't.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2019, 12:32:59 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2019, 12:59:26 PM by Policy Bae »

One: John Lewis is missing the point, but this is politics,  so whatever. If Sanders had said this he would have publicly rebuked him.

Two: It's definitely the latter. We were talking about it yesterday at our Democratic Party meeting, me and this 30 year old black woman were looked at like we had five foreheads when we defended Cory Booker. The older black women we were talking to thought Booker was being "nasty" and "helping Trump" Roll Eyes Biden is being propped up by old people, who are more reliable in primaries, so I can't be surprised that Biden will ignore it and that it won't affect him. Smh.

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2019, 12:41:18 PM »

One: John Lewis is missing the point, but this is politics,  so whatever. If Sanders had said this he would have publicly rebuked him.

Two: It's definitely the latter. We were talking about it yesterday at our Democratic Party meeting, me and this 30 year old black woman were looked at like we had five foreheads when we defended Cory Booker. The older black women we were talking to thought Booker was being "nasty" and "helping Trump" Roll Eyes Biden is being propped up by old people, who are more reliable in primaries, so I can't be surprised that Biden will ignore it and that it won't affect him. Smh.

If Sanders had the same cache that Biden has with black leaders then John Lewis would be defending him.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2019, 01:35:57 PM »

Now the SJW will also throw John Lewis under the bus as well .

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2019, 01:43:15 PM »

This noise from certain people and the media is overhyped. All Uncle Joe was saying is that he got some stuff done even by working with the most deplorable people. He picked them as examples because of the stark contrast to him. He understands that on occasion you have to work with the other side to get stuff done. That's how FDR passed the New Deal and LBJ the Great Society. Reagan also reached out to Democrats and even respected Tip O'Neill as a person. The far left and far right will never get 100% of what they want and if so won't last beyond an election cycle.

The only comment he shouldn't have made it is the "boy" thing. But this is just Uncle Joe being Uncle Joe. He's nevertheless a very fine human being.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2019, 02:50:54 PM »

This noise from certain people and the media is overhyped. All Uncle Joe was saying is that he got some stuff done even by working with the most deplorable people. He picked them as examples because of the stark contrast to him. He understands that on occasion you have to work with the other side to get stuff done. That's how FDR passed the New Deal and LBJ the Great Society. Reagan also reached out to Democrats and even respected Tip O'Neill as a person. The far left and far right will never get 100% of what they want and if so won't last beyond an election cycle.

The only comment he shouldn't have made it is the "boy" thing. But this is just Uncle Joe being Uncle Joe. He's nevertheless a very fine human being.

This. He didn't praise a segregationist. He said that, sometimes in Congress, one has to work with terrible or downright racist colleagues to get things done. And he then went on to say that, when you can't work with them, you work around them.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2019, 03:20:54 PM »

This is not just a little freakout from woke progressives there is a serious concern young black voters and other POC will not turn out for him. Hillary was solid with older voters as well but as we saw struggled immensely with millennials and to an extent Gen X. People don't seem to grasp Biden is going down the same path with his awful record and it won't be different because he's a man.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2019, 03:21:32 PM »

Whew! A CBC member not towing the line for political expediency.

henster
YaBB God

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2019, 03:28:09 PM »

Good it was remarkable seeing most of its members close rank behind an old white guy over one of their own members. I hate how in so many Dem circles they feel to need to rush to Biden's defense when he's not even the nominee. Same thing happened to Hillary, people felt the need to protect her and discouraged attacks when it's necessary to toughen up the nominee.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2019, 03:41:56 PM »

umm.. pretty much everyone who came out and defended Biden is from a safe seat.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies