Tucker Carlson: "Ilhan Omar has contempt for the United States"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:41:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tucker Carlson: "Ilhan Omar has contempt for the United States"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Tucker Carlson: "Ilhan Omar has contempt for the United States"  (Read 5779 times)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 11, 2019, 12:56:38 AM »

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/rep-ilhan-omar-tucker-carlson_n_5d255d05e4b0583e482902d7

Tucker Carlson attacks Omar:

Rep. Ilhan Omar pushed back on comments made by Fox News host Tucker Carlson calling the freshman congresswoman “living proof that the way we practice immigration has become dangerous to this country.”
In his Tuesday night rant, Carlson also insisted that Omar “hates this country more than ever” and that “virtually every public statement she makes accuses Americans of bigotry and racism.”

“This is an immoral country, she says. She has undisguised contempt for the United States and for its people. That should worry you, and not just because Omar is now a sitting member of Congress,” he told his viewers.

Ilhan Omar responds:

On Tuesday night, Omar tweeted that “it’s kinda fun watching a racist fool like this weeping about my presence in Congress” after Carlson’s segment on Omar ran on “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”
Omar elaborated on her comments Wednesday, telling reporters at a Democratic caucus meeting that she truly believes Tucker is a “racist fool” who is “weeping about the fact that we have an African-born member of Congress, the kind of people that the likes of him think come from sh_thole countries.”

“And the fact that he doesn’t get the opportunity to ban me from this country, and now he gets to call me a congresswoman, I’m sure pisses him off,” Omar added. “But he’ll eventually get used to it. And I think that advertisers should not be underwriting this kind of dangerous, hateful rhetoric.”

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 01:00:46 AM »

Tucker Carlson attacks Omar:

Rep. Ilhan Omar pushed back on comments made by Fox News host Tucker Carlson calling the freshman congresswoman “living proof that the way we practice immigration has become dangerous to this country.”
In his Tuesday night rant, Carlson also insisted that Omar “hates this country more than ever” and that “virtually every public statement she makes accuses Americans of bigotry and racism.”

“This is an immoral country, she says. She has undisguised contempt for the United States and for its people. That should worry you, and not just because Omar is now a sitting member of Congress,” he told his viewers.

Wow. Just wow.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 01:07:32 AM »
« Edited: July 11, 2019, 01:12:19 AM by Old School Republican »

Don’t like Tucker at all but he is correct In that  Omar has contempt for this nation . She  has proven time and time again that she is an completely ungrateful person who dislikes the nation who gave her a much better life .

Remember she once implied that the US troops committed a terrorist attack in Somalia in 93 .

Tucker has said horrible and racist things many times before but him saying Omar holds contempt for this nation is not one of them
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 01:14:32 AM »

Don’t like Tucker at all but he is correct In that  Omar has contempt for this nation . She  has proven time and time again that she is an completely ungrateful person who dislikes the nation who gave her a much better life .

Remember she once implied that the US troops committed a terrorist attack in Somalia in 93 .

Just to be clear, this is the quote of hers which he responded to with his racist rant:

Quote from: Ilhan Omar
"I grew up in an extremely unjust society, and the only thing that made my family excited about coming to the United States was that the United States was supposed to be the country that guaranteed justice to all. So, I feel it necessary for me to speak about that promise that's not kept."

She said she loves America & wants us to live up to our potential. This isn't contempt for our nation. It's patriotism.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 01:20:56 AM »

Just to be clear, this is the quote of hers which he responded to with his racist rant:

"I grew up in an extremely unjust society, and the only thing that made my family excited about coming to the United States was that the United States was supposed to be the country that guaranteed justice to all. So, I feel it necessary for me to speak about that promise that's not kept."

She said she loves America & wants us to live up to our potential. This isn't contempt for our nation. It's patriotism.

Ok Tucker using that quote was dumb but she has past quotes to prove she has contempt for this nation

In a tweet which was about the worst terrorist attacked in Somalian history she said that the US troops committed the biggest attack . She has countless more examples showing her contempt of this nation

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 01:21:26 AM »

She is a CITIZEN just like you, so she can criticize all she wants. Please take this James Baldwin quote to heart: "I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually." She sounds like a true patriot to me.

Did they or didn't they though? You talk about it like America is OBVIOUSLY innocent of any overseas wrongdoings, which is clearly not the case. America has been killing innocent civilians abroad for decades now. Are you just a good little military worshipping Republican puppet, or do you think for yourself occasionally?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 01:24:43 AM »
« Edited: July 11, 2019, 01:32:05 AM by Old School Republican »

She is a CITIZEN just like you, so she can criticize all she wants. Please take this James Baldwin quote to heart: "I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually." She sounds like a true patriot to me.

Did they or didn't they though? You talk about it like America is OBVIOUSLY innocent of any overseas wrongdoings, which is clearly not the case. America has been killing innocent civilians abroad for decades now. Are you just a good little military worshipping Republican puppet, or do you think for yourself occasionally?

Calling it a terrorist attack is downright lying and shows her contempt for this nation . Yes she has the right to say anything including comments what show that she is ungrateful as well.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 01:33:52 AM »

Her comments about 9/11 are another disgusting example of her showing contempt for this nation . She really does idolize absolutely terrible  people like  Corbyn 
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 01:41:03 AM »

Don’t like Tucker at all Love Tucker and he is correct In that  Omar has contempt for this nation . She  has proven time and time again that she is an completely ungrateful person who dislikes the nation who gave her a much better life .

Fixed.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 01:44:36 AM »

Her comments about 9/11 are another disgusting example of her showing contempt for this nation . She really does idolize absolutely terrible  people like  Corbyn 
Shake my head...

That "9/11" thing was PROVEN to be taken out of context of her entire speech she was giving dude. You know this. If you don't you can look up the FULL comments. It's not a matter of opinion.

You're engaging in conformation bias. You've first decided that Omar is guilty, and now secondly you cherry pick some information and downplay other info in order to arrive at that conclusion. This is dangerous thinking and can lead to Flat Earth belief and brainwashing. Rational thought and rational argument are done with the steps in reverse. You examine the evidence FIRST in order to secondly arrive at a conclusion that is actually supported by the evidence.

How can we have a rational debate if you've already decided that the facts are secondary to your narrative?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 01:45:18 AM »

Her comments about 9/11 are another disgusting example of her showing contempt for this nation . She really does idolize absolutely terrible  people like  Corbyn  
Shake my head...

That "9/11" thing was PROVEN to be taken out of context of her entire speech she was giving dude. You know this. If you don't you can look up the FULL comments. It's not a matter of opinion.

You're engaging in conformation bias. You've first decided that Omar is guilty, and now secondly you cherry pick some information and downplay other info in order to arrive at that conclusion. This is dangerous thinking and can lead to Flat Earth belief and brainwashing. Rational thought and rational argument are done with the steps in reverse. You examine the evidence FIRST in order to secondly arrive at a conclusion that is actually supported by the evidence.

How can we have a rational debate if you've already decided that the facts are secondary to your narrative?

The full comments in the Somalia case made her comments far worse and in the 9/11 didnt make them any better.

Also I would say you are engaging in this
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 01:46:16 AM »

https://www.apnews.com/b49ee5604ec2435a90945820b7c973eb
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 01:48:05 AM »

Imagine being an American citizen for 19 years & still being labeled as un-American & unpatriotic smh

Ok Tucker using that quote was dumb but she has past quotes to prove she has contempt for this nation

In a tweet which was about the worst terrorist attacked in Somalian history she said that the US troops committed the biggest attack . She has countless more examples showing her contempt of this nation

No, she didn't say that American troops committed the biggest terrorist attack in Somalian history. What you are doing is attributing comments made by somebody else to her because she was responding to said comments.

The actual context was that Al Franken tweeted "Devastating news that the terrorist attack in Somalia has now claimed the lives of at least 230; the worst attack in the country's history," which somebody replied to by saying, "Actually, the worst terrorist attack in Somalia history was the Battle of Mogadishu- 19 US armed forces dead and 73 wounded," prompting somebody else to reply, ""All lives matter" even though 230 is more than 10 times 19," to which she replied, "In his selective memory, he forgets to also mention the thousands of Somalis killed by the American forces that day! #NotTodaySatan"... so no, she wasn't criticizing American forces; she was simply commenting on how somebody else had shown a complete disregard for the lives of innocent Somalis caught in the crossfire of the Black Hawk Down operation.

Her comments about 9/11 are another disgusting example of her showing contempt for this nation . She really does idolize absolutely terrible  people like  Corbyn  

No, she didn't trivialize 9/11. Again, for context, what she said was: "CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something, and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties." Now, I get that the right likes to ignore context for shock value, but the emphasis here was that some people committed an atrocity, & as a result, all Muslims were losing civil liberties (which is a huge issue in & of itself, but that's another story).

So, remember this: it's called context. Try using it next time instead of, yes, already deciding that the facts are secondary to your narrative. Because that's indeed what you've done thus far.

*The more you know!*
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2019, 01:48:39 AM »

... Tucker ... is ... a disingenuous, racist, homophobic, & xenophobic piece of sh**t.

Fixed. Fixed.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2019, 01:50:06 AM »

Imagine being an American citizen for 19 years & still being labeled as un-American & unpatriotic smh

No, she didn't say that American troops committed the biggest terrorist attack in Somalian history. The actual context was that Al Franken tweeted "Devastating news that the terrorist attack in Somalia has now claimed the lives of at least 230; the worst attack in the country's history," which somebody replied to by saying, "Actually, the worst terrorist attack in Somalia history was the Battle of Mogadishu- 19 US armed forces dead and 73 wounded," prompting somebody else to reply, ""All lives matter" even though 230 is more than 10 times 19," to which she replied, "In his selective memory, he forgets to also mention the thousands of Somalis killed by the American forces that day! #NotTodaySatan"... so no, she wasn't criticizing American forces; she was simply commenting on how somebody else had shown a complete disregard for the lives of innocent Somalis caught in the crossfire of the Black Hawk Down operation.

That literally is her implying that American Troops committed a terrorist attack in Somalia In that case context makes things far worse for her not better.

Oh and there are other anti-Americans in Congress such as Steve King and if Roy Moore won he would have been an Anti-American senator .
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 01:52:00 AM »

... Tucker ... is ... a truth talking, intelligent, good hearted, accurate, and talented reporter.

Fixed. Fixed. Fixed.

Conservative derangement syndrome strikes again!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 01:53:39 AM »

... Tucker ... is ... a truth talking, intelligent, good hearted, accurate, and talented reporter.

Fixed. Fixed. Fixed.

Tucker said this though: https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/12/14/fox-news-host-tucker-carlson-immigration-making-america-dirtier/23618050/

These are racist and he should have apologized for making them. He could have  said why he disagrees with current immigration policy without going in a racist direction like he did here
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2019, 01:55:18 AM »

No, she didn't say that American troops committed the biggest terrorist attack in Somalian history. The actual context was that Al Franken tweeted "Devastating news that the terrorist attack in Somalia has now claimed the lives of at least 230; the worst attack in the country's history," which somebody replied to by saying, "Actually, the worst terrorist attack in Somalia history was the Battle of Mogadishu- 19 US armed forces dead and 73 wounded," prompting somebody else to reply, ""All lives matter" even though 230 is more than 10 times 19," to which she replied, "In his selective memory, he forgets to also mention the thousands of Somalis killed by the American forces that day! #NotTodaySatan"... so no, she wasn't criticizing American forces; she was simply commenting on how somebody else had shown a complete disregard for the lives of innocent Somalis caught in the crossfire of the Black Hawk Down operation.

That literally is her implying that American Troops committed a terrorist attack in Somalia In that case context makes things far worse for her not better.

Oh and there are other anti-Americans in Congress such as Steve King

No. It's not. If you, y'know, literally took 1 second to look into the facts of what went down during that 1993 Black Hawk Down military operation in Mogadishu, then you would know that (& understand that what she's referring to is that) there were many innocent Somalis caught in the crossfire of the operation, & that she (unlike the person she was responding to) wasn't disregarding their lives as well. That's not the same thing as implying it was a terrorist attack though, let alone calling it one, & she's not the one who did, so stop acting as if it was her who did because, again, it wasn't.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2019, 01:55:50 AM »

Fixed. Fixed. Fixed.

Hey man, if you wanna support a racist & homophobic xenophobe, fine by me. I can't stop you.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2019, 01:56:51 AM »

No they aren't, I completely agree with what he said. The very biased article makes it sound like he was talking about immigrants in general when he was obviously talking specifically about illegal immigrants. Maybe you should rethink your sources?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2019, 01:57:29 AM »

No. It's not. If you, y'know, literally took 1 second to look into the facts of what went down during that 1993 Black Hawk Down military operation in Mogadishu, then you would know that (& understand that what she's referring to is that) there were many innocent Somalis caught in the crossfire of the operation, & that she (unlike the person she was responding to) wasn't disregarding their lives as well. That's not the same thing as implying it was a terrorist attack though, let alone calling it one, & she's not the one who did, so stop acting as if it was her who did because, again, it wasn't.

No you are wrong here:

The original tweet was talking about what was the biggest terrorist attack in Somalia history and so was the Franklin Tweet responding to it then Omar responded by saying " In his selective memory, he forgets to also mention the thousands of Somalis killed by the American forces that day!" .

It cant get any clearer
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2019, 01:57:44 AM »

Oh and there are other anti-Americans in Congress such as Steve King and if Roy Moore won he would have been an Anti-American senator .

Your whataboutism is irrelevant, especially when what they've said isn't comparable, & especially when she isn't even anti-American.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2019, 01:59:23 AM »

No you are wrong here:

The original tweet was talking about what was the biggest terrorist attack in Somalia history and so was the Franklin Tweet responding to it then Omar responded by saying " In his selective memory, he forgets to also mention the thousands of Somalis killed by the American forces that day!" .

It cant get any clearer

I legitimately quoted the entirety of the relevant twitter theard within my earlier reply, so, in actuality, it can't get any clearer than that really.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2019, 02:02:18 AM »

Fixed. Fixed. Fixed.

Dawg, Tucker Carlson is a news anchor and political commentator, not a reporter. Do you see him on the scene with a microphone and camera crew, or do you see him sitting in a studio talking to a camera?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2019, 02:04:38 AM »

No they aren't, I completely agree with what he said. The very biased article makes it sound like he was talking about immigrants in general when he was obviously talking specifically about illegal immigrants. Maybe you should rethink your sources?

Maybe he should have said the caravans shouldnt be allowed in , and the policy. In the video, He wasnt talking about Illegal immigration he was talking about immigration in general.  And why use the term " dirtier" in the first place.  Even when talking about illegal immigration you dont need to say that, you can just say we need to be tough on illegal immigration.

Also Tucker had this in the past as well: https://www.salon.com/2016/03/01/tucker_carlsons_amazingly_stupid_tweet_says_mitts_criticism_about_trumps_kkk_stance_was_something_obama_could_have_written/

There are much better conservative commentators than him
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies