Tucker Carlson: "Ilhan Omar has contempt for the United States"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:52:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tucker Carlson: "Ilhan Omar has contempt for the United States"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Tucker Carlson: "Ilhan Omar has contempt for the United States"  (Read 5752 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2019, 02:56:54 PM »

Just for clarification, I sympathize with her positions and can understand her frustrations. But that has nothing to do with whether she actually hates the country. She does hate America.

No. Wanting America to live up to our potential, & criticizing America when we don't, isn't hating America. It's patriotism.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2019, 04:02:36 PM »

Just for clarification, I sympathize with her positions and can understand her frustrations. But that has nothing to do with whether she actually hates the country. She does hate America.

No. Wanting America to live up to our potential, & criticizing America when we don't, isn't hating America. It's patriotism.

She doesn't do this.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2019, 04:41:45 PM »

IDK if she really has contempt for America or not but she's made a lot of dumb comments that could in theory make it look like she does to a rational observer.

Also note in the rebuttal from her posted in the OP she doesn't actually deny it. She just made a liberal racist tears comment that isn't any higher level of discourse than what you get on a message board or on twitter.

The smart strategy for the left is to wrap themselves in the flag and say they're criticizing America to make it better the way great figures from history like Abraham Lincoln did. It would have been very easy for her to go that route in response to this but she didn't. This is why stuff like the anthem protests and Omar's antics ultimately help Trump in all likelihood.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2019, 04:50:36 PM »

She doesn't do this.

Quote from: Ilhan Omar
"I grew up in an extremely unjust society, and the only thing that made my family excited about coming to the United States was that the United States was supposed to be the country that guaranteed justice to all. So, I feel it necessary for me to speak about that promise that's not kept."
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2019, 05:17:30 PM »

She doesn't do this.

"I grew up in an extremely unjust society, and the only thing that made my family excited about coming to the United States was that the United States was supposed to be the country that guaranteed justice to all. So, I feel it necessary for me to speak about that promise that's not kept."

Yes, someone who hates america won't always openly say it
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2019, 05:35:25 PM »

She doesn't do this.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

She clearly hates this country. Her way of "making America better" is anti-American hard-leftism.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2019, 05:36:45 PM »

She clearly hates this country. Her way of "making America better" is anti-American hard-leftism.

Come on dude...
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2019, 05:46:22 PM »

Do you not see the inherent contradiction in this comment?

If she was really anti-American she would want this country to fail, she wouldn't want to make it better.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2019, 05:51:37 PM »

Carlson is a parasite on the ass of America. It's to our eternal shame that we allowed this millionaire to weasel his way into the mainstream.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2019, 06:26:47 PM »

She is Minnesota’s modern Shelly Bachmann.  Meanwhile Betty McCollum stands behind her and gets sh**t done.  She’s pretty hardcore. 
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2019, 06:43:15 PM »

If she was really anti-American she would want this country to fail, she wouldn't want to make it better.

Then no1 is anti-american
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2019, 07:07:54 PM »

Criticisms of the United States aimed at improving it are reminiscent of the concept of "tough love." You would think that conservatives would identify with that. Isn't that the parenting style that prevents children from growing up to be snowflakes?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2019, 07:12:02 PM »

Criticisms of the United States aimed at improving it are reminiscent of the concept of "tough love." You would think that conservatives would identify with that. Isn't that the parenting style that prevents children from growing up to be snowflakes?

Remember, being a snowflake isn't actually bad if it's a conservative Tongue
Kizzuwanda
cistem7
Rookie
United States

« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2019, 07:22:01 PM »

I want America to cease to exist as a united country. It is not sustainable. I support all secessionist movements.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2019, 08:00:33 PM »

She doesn't do this.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

great contribution! amazing! great honer!

Hey, at least it's a better contribution than yours.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2019, 09:22:29 PM »

I want America to cease to exist as a united country. It is not sustainable. I support all secessionist movements.

Even the ones whose motive for secession is the "freedom" to oppress and violate the human rights of some portion of their citizenry?
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2019, 09:22:56 PM »

Having very strong opinion about what one sees as wrong with the country doesn't make one "anti" said country. This is the very kind of an "argument" that brought much misery on the United States when it was thrown around liberally, wrecked many lives and poisoned the discourse for years to come. Let's not go down that path.

When you can never, ever, acknowledge the greatness and the goodness of America (and there is much) then you are, indeed, anti-American.  

Omar NEVER celebrates America.  She always complains about some aspect of our history, our policies, what we're like now.  She never has a good word for America's role in the World, and America has been a Good Nation, even as it has made serious mistakes.  And her comments about 9/11 are what they are, and they reflect her utter indifference to those who suffered at the hands of Radical Islamic Jihadist Al-Queda Terrorists.  They weren't some people, they were Islamic Jihadists.  Let HER call THEM out by name.  (Indeed, Donald Trump has repudiated David Duke and his ilk far more than Omar has repudiated ANY Jihadist organization.)  

There are people who come to America who love it for what it is.  There are others who view it as a mere means to an end.  I prefer the first sentiment in those who emigrate here and then choose to run for public office here.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2019, 09:29:48 PM »

"Contempt for America" is fine talk coming from a fascist.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2019, 09:51:52 PM »

Having very strong opinion about what one sees as wrong with the country doesn't make one "anti" said country. This is the very kind of an "argument" that brought much misery on the United States when it was thrown around liberally, wrecked many lives and poisoned the discourse for years to come. Let's not go down that path.

When you can never, ever, acknowledge the greatness and the goodness of America (and there is much) then you are, indeed, anti-American.  

Omar NEVER celebrates America.  She always complains about some aspect of our history, our policies, what we're like now.  She never has a good word for America's role in the World, and America has been a Good Nation, even as it has made serious mistakes.  And her comments about 9/11 are what they are, and they reflect her utter indifference to those who suffered at the hands of Radical Islamic Jihadist Al-Queda Terrorists.  They weren't some people, they were Islamic Jihadists.  Let HER call THEM out by name.  (Indeed, Donald Trump has repudiated David Duke and his ilk far more than Omar has repudiated ANY Jihadist organization.)  

There are people who come to America who love it for what it is.  There are others who view it as a mere means to an end.  I prefer the first sentiment in those who emigrate here and then choose to run for public office here.

Mhmmm, suuuure...

"I believe in the ideals of America, in liberty, justice, and the pursuit of happiness."

"This country gave us hope. This country allowed for us to develop our own identity and to create our own home. And we should not look down on the next person that is trying to do that."

"Hope will be found by understanding that diversity is the essence of the American Dream and why we need each other to fulfill it."

"This is a land of immigrants, and most come here for opportunity, a second chance."

"Truly, this is a nation that sees itself as one that instills hope and is really about allowing people to pursue their dreams."

"I am proof that, as Americans, we can embrace our differences.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2019, 10:06:45 PM »

Mhmmm, suuuure...

"I believe in the ideals of America, in liberty, justice, and the pursuit of happiness."

"This country gave us hope. This country allowed for us to develop our own identity and to create our own home. And we should not look down on the next person that is trying to do that."

"Hope will be found by understanding that diversity is the essence of the American Dream and why we need each other to fulfill it."

"This is a land of immigrants, and most come here for opportunity, a second chance."

"Truly, this is a nation that sees itself as one that instills hope and is really about allowing people to pursue their dreams."

She celebrates DIVERSITY, not the American Nation, itself.  Her love for this country exists to the degree she believes she can see America remade in an image that pleases her.

I celebrate E Pluribus Unum.  Omar hates the Unum, and isn't willing to contribute to that.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2019, 10:07:37 PM »

Democrats need to remember what made Obama the incredible candidate he was. On the campaign trail in 2008, Obama's speeches were filled with soaring, romantic rhetoric about America, about the exceptional opportunities America provided, and how he viewed the Democratic vision as a fulfillment of the heroic American narrative. His America was flawed, but striving ever upward by virtue of the indelible character of its institutions, ideals, and individuals.

Today, left-wing Democrats sound more like an evangelical firebrand excoriating their cowed flock with a litany of their sins. Their America was born depraved and, like a man seeking his own justification, can never truly atone for that original trespass. Their Democratic vision replaces the American narrative, an old story in a ragged book better off burnt in their passion's flames. Their America is flawed beyond repair, shackled by the irredeemable character of its institutions, ideals, and individuals.

Both Obama and these current left-wing Democrats desire changes to America, but one came from a place of love for a country they were permanently indebted to, while the other comes from a place of contempt for a country they believe can never pay them back.

One of these messages was successful. The other will not be.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2019, 10:08:58 PM »

Democrats need to remember what made Obama the incredible candidate he was. On the campaign trail in 2008, Obama's speeches were filled with soaring, romantic rhetoric about America, about the exceptional opportunities America provided, and how he viewed the Democratic vision as a fulfillment of the heroic American narrative. His America was flawed, but striving ever upward by virtue of the indelible character of its institutions, ideals, and individuals.

Today, left-wing Democrats sound more like an evangelical firebrand excoriating their cowed flock with a litany of their sins. Their America was born depraved and, like a man seeking his own justification, can never truly atone for that original trespass. Their Democratic vision replaces the American narrative, an old story in a ragged book better off burnt in their passion's flames. Their America is flawed beyond repair, shackled by the irredeemable character of its institutions, ideals, and individuals.

Both Obama and these current left-wing Democrats desire changes to America, but one came from a place of love for a country they were permanently indebted to, while the other comes from a place of contempt for a country they believe can never pay them back.

One of these messages was successful. The other will not be.

This.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2019, 10:32:43 PM »

I celebrate E Pluribus Unum.  Omar hates the Unum, and isn't willing to contribute to that.

And you hate the pluribus. See, we can both be obstinate!
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2019, 10:34:58 PM »

Mhmmm, suuuure...

She celebrates DIVERSITY, not the American Nation, itself.  Her love for this country exists to the degree she believes she can see America remade in an image that pleases her.

Whatever, man.

You've obviously already decided to believe that Omar is un-American, & are thus downplaying the evidence that doesn't support the conclusion you've already arrived at so as to protect your own narrative.

That's not rational, but whatever.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2019, 11:10:29 PM »

"Contempt for America" is fine talk coming from a fascist.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies