Tucker Carlson: "Ilhan Omar has contempt for the United States" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:21:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tucker Carlson: "Ilhan Omar has contempt for the United States" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tucker Carlson: "Ilhan Omar has contempt for the United States"  (Read 5803 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« on: July 11, 2019, 01:00:46 AM »

Tucker Carlson attacks Omar:

Rep. Ilhan Omar pushed back on comments made by Fox News host Tucker Carlson calling the freshman congresswoman “living proof that the way we practice immigration has become dangerous to this country.”
In his Tuesday night rant, Carlson also insisted that Omar “hates this country more than ever” and that “virtually every public statement she makes accuses Americans of bigotry and racism.”

“This is an immoral country, she says. She has undisguised contempt for the United States and for its people. That should worry you, and not just because Omar is now a sitting member of Congress,” he told his viewers.

Wow. Just wow.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 01:14:32 AM »

Don’t like Tucker at all but he is correct In that  Omar has contempt for this nation . She  has proven time and time again that she is an completely ungrateful person who dislikes the nation who gave her a much better life .

Remember she once implied that the US troops committed a terrorist attack in Somalia in 93 .

Just to be clear, this is the quote of hers which he responded to with his racist rant:

Quote from: Ilhan Omar
"I grew up in an extremely unjust society, and the only thing that made my family excited about coming to the United States was that the United States was supposed to be the country that guaranteed justice to all. So, I feel it necessary for me to speak about that promise that's not kept."

She said she loves America & wants us to live up to our potential. This isn't contempt for our nation. It's patriotism.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 01:48:05 AM »

Imagine being an American citizen for 19 years & still being labeled as un-American & unpatriotic smh

Don’t like Tucker at all but he is correct In that  Omar has contempt for this nation . She  has proven time and time again that she is an completely ungrateful person who dislikes the nation who gave her a much better life .

Remember she once implied that the US troops committed a terrorist attack in Somalia in 93 .

Just to be clear, this is the quote of hers which he responded to with his racist rant:

"I grew up in an extremely unjust society, and the only thing that made my family excited about coming to the United States was that the United States was supposed to be the country that guaranteed justice to all. So, I feel it necessary for me to speak about that promise that's not kept."

She said she loves America & wants us to live up to our potential. This isn't contempt for our nation. It's patriotism.

Ok Tucker using that quote was dumb but she has past quotes to prove she has contempt for this nation

In a tweet which was about the worst terrorist attacked in Somalian history she said that the US troops committed the biggest attack . She has countless more examples showing her contempt of this nation

No, she didn't say that American troops committed the biggest terrorist attack in Somalian history. What you are doing is attributing comments made by somebody else to her because she was responding to said comments.

The actual context was that Al Franken tweeted "Devastating news that the terrorist attack in Somalia has now claimed the lives of at least 230; the worst attack in the country's history," which somebody replied to by saying, "Actually, the worst terrorist attack in Somalia history was the Battle of Mogadishu- 19 US armed forces dead and 73 wounded," prompting somebody else to reply, ""All lives matter" even though 230 is more than 10 times 19," to which she replied, "In his selective memory, he forgets to also mention the thousands of Somalis killed by the American forces that day! #NotTodaySatan"... so no, she wasn't criticizing American forces; she was simply commenting on how somebody else had shown a complete disregard for the lives of innocent Somalis caught in the crossfire of the Black Hawk Down operation.

Her comments about 9/11 are another disgusting example of her showing contempt for this nation . She really does idolize absolutely terrible  people like  Corbyn  

No, she didn't trivialize 9/11. Again, for context, what she said was: "CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something, and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties." Now, I get that the right likes to ignore context for shock value, but the emphasis here was that some people committed an atrocity, & as a result, all Muslims were losing civil liberties (which is a huge issue in & of itself, but that's another story).

So, remember this: it's called context. Try using it next time instead of, yes, already deciding that the facts are secondary to your narrative. Because that's indeed what you've done thus far.

*The more you know!*
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 01:48:39 AM »

... Tucker ... is ... a disingenuous, racist, homophobic, & xenophobic piece of sh**t.

Fixed. Fixed.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 01:55:18 AM »

Imagine being an American citizen for 19 years & still being labeled as un-American & unpatriotic smh

Ok Tucker using that quote was dumb but she has past quotes to prove she has contempt for this nation

In a tweet which was about the worst terrorist attacked in Somalian history she said that the US troops committed the biggest attack . She has countless more examples showing her contempt of this nation

No, she didn't say that American troops committed the biggest terrorist attack in Somalian history. The actual context was that Al Franken tweeted "Devastating news that the terrorist attack in Somalia has now claimed the lives of at least 230; the worst attack in the country's history," which somebody replied to by saying, "Actually, the worst terrorist attack in Somalia history was the Battle of Mogadishu- 19 US armed forces dead and 73 wounded," prompting somebody else to reply, ""All lives matter" even though 230 is more than 10 times 19," to which she replied, "In his selective memory, he forgets to also mention the thousands of Somalis killed by the American forces that day! #NotTodaySatan"... so no, she wasn't criticizing American forces; she was simply commenting on how somebody else had shown a complete disregard for the lives of innocent Somalis caught in the crossfire of the Black Hawk Down operation.

That literally is her implying that American Troops committed a terrorist attack in Somalia In that case context makes things far worse for her not better.

Oh and there are other anti-Americans in Congress such as Steve King

No. It's not. If you, y'know, literally took 1 second to look into the facts of what went down during that 1993 Black Hawk Down military operation in Mogadishu, then you would know that (& understand that what she's referring to is that) there were many innocent Somalis caught in the crossfire of the operation, & that she (unlike the person she was responding to) wasn't disregarding their lives as well. That's not the same thing as implying it was a terrorist attack though, let alone calling it one, & she's not the one who did, so stop acting as if it was her who did because, again, it wasn't.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 01:55:50 AM »

... Tucker ... is ... a truth talking, intelligent, good hearted, accurate, and talented reporter.

Fixed. Fixed. Fixed.

Conservative derangement syndrome strikes again!

Hey man, if you wanna support a racist & homophobic xenophobe, fine by me. I can't stop you.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 01:57:44 AM »

Oh and there are other anti-Americans in Congress such as Steve King and if Roy Moore won he would have been an Anti-American senator .

Your whataboutism is irrelevant, especially when what they've said isn't comparable, & especially when she isn't even anti-American.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 01:59:23 AM »

No, she didn't say that American troops committed the biggest terrorist attack in Somalian history. The actual context was that Al Franken tweeted "Devastating news that the terrorist attack in Somalia has now claimed the lives of at least 230; the worst attack in the country's history," which somebody replied to by saying, "Actually, the worst terrorist attack in Somalia history was the Battle of Mogadishu- 19 US armed forces dead and 73 wounded," prompting somebody else to reply, ""All lives matter" even though 230 is more than 10 times 19," to which she replied, "In his selective memory, he forgets to also mention the thousands of Somalis killed by the American forces that day! #NotTodaySatan"... so no, she wasn't criticizing American forces; she was simply commenting on how somebody else had shown a complete disregard for the lives of innocent Somalis caught in the crossfire of the Black Hawk Down operation.

That literally is her implying that American Troops committed a terrorist attack in Somalia In that case context makes things far worse for her not better.

No. It's not. If you, y'know, literally took 1 second to look into the facts of what went down during that 1993 Black Hawk Down military operation in Mogadishu, then you would know that (& understand that what she's referring to is that) there were many innocent Somalis caught in the crossfire of the operation, & that she (unlike the person she was responding to) wasn't disregarding their lives as well. That's not the same thing as implying it was a terrorist attack though, let alone calling it one, & she's not the one who did, so stop acting as if it was her who did because, again, it wasn't.

No you are wrong here:

The original tweet was talking about what was the biggest terrorist attack in Somalia history and so was the Franklin Tweet responding to it then Omar responded by saying " In his selective memory, he forgets to also mention the thousands of Somalis killed by the American forces that day!" .

It cant get any clearer

I legitimately quoted the entirety of the relevant twitter theard within my earlier reply, so, in actuality, it can't get any clearer than that really.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 02:11:30 AM »

No you are wrong here:

The original tweet was talking about what was the biggest terrorist attack in Somalia history and so was the Franklin Tweet responding to it then Omar responded by saying " In his selective memory, he forgets to also mention the thousands of Somalis killed by the American forces that day!" .

It cant get any clearer

I legitimately quoted the entirety of the relevant twitter theard within my earlier reply, so, in actuality, it can't get any clearer than that really.

And the twitter thread was what I was addressing and thats exactly what was talked about

Yes, but in addressing it, you were mischaracterizing what she said as a result of having ignored the full context.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 02:15:35 AM »

No you are wrong here:

It cant get any clearer

And the twitter thread was what I was addressing and thats exactly what was talked about

Yes, but in addressing it, you were mischaracterizing what she said as a result of having ignored the full context.

No I am the one considering all the context

Well then I guess we just agree to disagree.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 02:25:41 AM »

I'm hoping to see MANY more hijab-wearing progressive congresswomen and senators. The deplorables are getting SO worked up over just Omar. Give them 3 or 4 at the same time and their heads might explode.

Agreed I want Dems to have progressives like Biden and not Socialists . Just like I want GOP to have Conservatives like Romney and not Right Wing Populists like Trump

I agree with this take.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 02:38:33 PM »

Tucker has said horrible and racist things many times before but him saying Omar holds contempt for this nation is not one of them

This. I hope Omar gets successfully primaried next year. She and Steve King are the worst members of the House from each side.

To unironically compare Omar to Steve King is laughable.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 02:56:54 PM »

Just for clarification, I sympathize with her positions and can understand her frustrations. But that has nothing to do with whether she actually hates the country. She does hate America.

No. Wanting America to live up to our potential, & criticizing America when we don't, isn't hating America. It's patriotism.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2019, 04:50:36 PM »

Just for clarification, I sympathize with her positions and can understand her frustrations. But that has nothing to do with whether she actually hates the country. She does hate America.

No. Wanting America to live up to our potential, & criticizing America when we don't, isn't hating America. It's patriotism.

She doesn't do this.

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2019, 05:35:25 PM »

She doesn't do this.

Yes, someone who hates america won't always openly say it

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

She clearly hates this country. Her way of "making America better" is anti-American hard-leftism.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 07:12:02 PM »

Criticisms of the United States aimed at improving it are reminiscent of the concept of "tough love." You would think that conservatives would identify with that. Isn't that the parenting style that prevents children from growing up to be snowflakes?

Remember, being a snowflake isn't actually bad if it's a conservative Tongue
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 08:00:33 PM »

She doesn't do this.

Yes, someone who hates america won't always openly say it

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

She clearly hates this country. Her way of "making America better" is anti-American hard-leftism.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

great contribution! amazing! great honer!

Hey, at least it's a better contribution than yours.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2019, 09:51:52 PM »

Having very strong opinion about what one sees as wrong with the country doesn't make one "anti" said country. This is the very kind of an "argument" that brought much misery on the United States when it was thrown around liberally, wrecked many lives and poisoned the discourse for years to come. Let's not go down that path.

When you can never, ever, acknowledge the greatness and the goodness of America (and there is much) then you are, indeed, anti-American.  

Omar NEVER celebrates America.  She always complains about some aspect of our history, our policies, what we're like now.  She never has a good word for America's role in the World, and America has been a Good Nation, even as it has made serious mistakes.  And her comments about 9/11 are what they are, and they reflect her utter indifference to those who suffered at the hands of Radical Islamic Jihadist Al-Queda Terrorists.  They weren't some people, they were Islamic Jihadists.  Let HER call THEM out by name.  (Indeed, Donald Trump has repudiated David Duke and his ilk far more than Omar has repudiated ANY Jihadist organization.)  

There are people who come to America who love it for what it is.  There are others who view it as a mere means to an end.  I prefer the first sentiment in those who emigrate here and then choose to run for public office here.

Mhmmm, suuuure...

"I believe in the ideals of America, in liberty, justice, and the pursuit of happiness."

"This country gave us hope. This country allowed for us to develop our own identity and to create our own home. And we should not look down on the next person that is trying to do that."

"Hope will be found by understanding that diversity is the essence of the American Dream and why we need each other to fulfill it."

"This is a land of immigrants, and most come here for opportunity, a second chance."

"Truly, this is a nation that sees itself as one that instills hope and is really about allowing people to pursue their dreams."

"I am proof that, as Americans, we can embrace our differences.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2019, 10:34:58 PM »

Having very strong opinion about what one sees as wrong with the country doesn't make one "anti" said country. This is the very kind of an "argument" that brought much misery on the United States when it was thrown around liberally, wrecked many lives and poisoned the discourse for years to come. Let's not go down that path.

When you can never, ever, acknowledge the greatness and the goodness of America (and there is much) then you are, indeed, anti-American.  

Omar NEVER celebrates America.  She always complains about some aspect of our history, our policies, what we're like now.  She never has a good word for America's role in the World, and America has been a Good Nation, even as it has made serious mistakes.  And her comments about 9/11 are what they are, and they reflect her utter indifference to those who suffered at the hands of Radical Islamic Jihadist Al-Queda Terrorists.  They weren't some people, they were Islamic Jihadists.  Let HER call THEM out by name.  (Indeed, Donald Trump has repudiated David Duke and his ilk far more than Omar has repudiated ANY Jihadist organization.)  

There are people who come to America who love it for what it is.  There are others who view it as a mere means to an end.  I prefer the first sentiment in those who emigrate here and then choose to run for public office here.

Mhmmm, suuuure...

"I believe in the ideals of America, in liberty, justice, and the pursuit of happiness."

"This country gave us hope. This country allowed for us to develop our own identity and to create our own home. And we should not look down on the next person that is trying to do that."

"Hope will be found by understanding that diversity is the essence of the American Dream and why we need each other to fulfill it."

"This is a land of immigrants, and most come here for opportunity, a second chance."

"Truly, this is a nation that sees itself as one that instills hope and is really about allowing people to pursue their dreams."

"I am proof that, as Americans, we can embrace our differences.

She celebrates DIVERSITY, not the American Nation, itself.  Her love for this country exists to the degree she believes she can see America remade in an image that pleases her.

I celebrate E Pluribus Unum.  Omar hates the Unum, and isn't willing to contribute to that.

Whatever, man.

You've obviously already decided to believe that Omar is un-American, & are thus downplaying the evidence that doesn't support the conclusion you've already arrived at so as to protect your own narrative.

That's not rational, but whatever.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies