Romney Trails two Democrats in new Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:20:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  Romney Trails two Democrats in new Poll
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Romney Trails two Democrats in new Poll  (Read 10257 times)
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2006, 10:23:12 PM »

I officially support Romney's reelection.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2006, 04:53:29 AM »

I officially support Romney's reelection.

I'd support a Republican Governor for MA over Reilly, just not Romney, since he is a Mormon fundamentalist. Managing the Olympics does not qualify someone for office.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2006, 09:34:56 AM »

reilly had a very bad week.

i dont think he has what it takes to get elected.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2006, 03:19:06 PM »

If Romney runs for re-election for Governor of Massachusetts, he wins. 

These polls are meaningless this far out.

Romney's campaigning , debating, and speaking abilities are second to none.

Hopefully, a sane legislature will be elected, and overturn this looney same sex marriage bill.   

OMG Republicans will landslide in Massachusetts!

Well, we can always hope.

Too late now. Even if he decided to go back into the race, he wouln't have a chance against a dead dog, since all the Dems would have to do is to run commercials with some of his latest statements. Do you think one could be elected President of the U.S. after saying (in public and on tape) that he, actually, dislikes America, feels foreign there, and would much rather have been President of France - the country he really loves?

Chances are, GOP death in Mass is going to continue. The only Reps that are likely to win in the near-to-medium future are going to be like NYC's Bloomberg (rich liberal Democrats who don't want to earn their stripes in the local party and use the Republican line because nobody else wants it).  In the state legislature Reps are going to continue struggling to win15% of the seats -  in fact, if they consistently do worse they will be challenged for the second party status. 

Of course, in a single-party state like Mass., the only party is a broad church, including both socially conservative/economically populist blue-collar Catholics and blacks and socially liberal/economically moderate everybody else.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2006, 11:04:42 PM »

did anyone else notice how poorly reilly did in the local democrat conventions across mass on saturday.  deval patrick received more delegates than reilly...by a 2-1 margin.

TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2006, 11:07:22 PM »

did anyone else notice how poorly reilly did in the local democrat conventions across mass on saturday.  deval patrick received more delegates than reilly...by a 2-1 margin.

Patrick is a candidate who gets people excited while Reilly is a status quo type machine Democrat. I think Deval Patrick has a good chance to be the next governor of Massachusetts.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2006, 11:13:48 PM »

Patrick is a candidate who gets people excited while Reilly is a status quo type machine Democrat. I think Deval Patrick has a good chance to be the next governor of Massachusetts.

you should temper your excitment, scoonie.

while reilly, twice elected to statewide office, lost to a political novice over the weekend, you sould keep two important points in mind:

1.  deval patrick is certianly more popular with the liberal activists (ie the people who actually go to local conventions on a saturday).  reilly's base is with blue collars (ie people who have lives.)

2. reilly had a *horrible* week.  his selection of a running mate proved to be a disaster.

i still think reilly will win the democrat nomination.

by the way, he is a piss poor candidate, but reilly is one of the more decent people involved in politics.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2006, 11:27:49 PM »

1.  deval patrick is certianly more popular with the liberal activists (ie the people who actually go to local conventions on a saturday).  reilly's base is with blue collars (ie people who have lives.

Deval Patrick is basically an unknown whose popularity is gaining the more people get to know him. Reilly has a huge leg up when it comes to name recognition and experience, but Patrick can make up the gap with his charisma and outsider appeal.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2006, 02:24:40 PM »

1.  deval patrick is certianly more popular with the liberal activists (ie the people who actually go to local conventions on a saturday).  reilly's base is with blue collars (ie people who have lives.

Deval Patrick is basically an unknown whose popularity is gaining the more people get to know him. Reilly has a huge leg up when it comes to name recognition and experience, but Patrick can make up the gap with his charisma and outsider appeal.

patrick is basically a latte liberal.  will the voters of mass trust him with the democrat legislature?

TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2006, 02:57:50 PM »

patrick is basically a latte liberal. 

What do you mean by "latte liberal"?? You think a poor kid from the southside of Chicago is a "latte liberal"?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2006, 03:09:39 PM »

patrick is basically a latte liberal. 

What do you mean by "latte liberal"?? You think a poor kid from the southside of Chicago is a "latte liberal"?

no but i think a corporate lawyer is.

hey did you see the news this past week where it was revealed that patrick had a tax lien placed against him several years ago, despite working for a prestigious boston law firm?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2006, 03:14:44 PM »

What a frigging retarded comment.

hey did you see the news this past week where it was revealed that patrick had a tax lien placed against him several years ago, despite working for a prestigious boston law firm?

Yes I did. He was paying the IRS on an installment plan and missed a payment or two. He paid all of it back the next year. This won't even be an issue in the race.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2006, 03:16:11 PM »

What a frigging retarded comment.

Yes I did. He was paying the IRS on an installment plan and missed a payment or two. He paid all of it back the next year. This won't even be an issue in the race.

i thought you democrats hated corporations?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2006, 03:20:10 PM »

i thought you democrats hated corporations?

No, only simple-minded Republicans like yourself believe such crap.

Democrats are against corporate abuse, not corporations in general. Corporations that work for the benefit of both their employees and their shareholders are a very good thing (see Costco as a good example).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies