Term Paper (feedback desired) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:09:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate
  Political Essays & Deliberation (Moderator: Torie)
  Term Paper (feedback desired) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Term Paper (feedback desired)  (Read 9355 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: January 06, 2006, 07:38:18 AM »

I've read a fictional novel from Caleb Carr called the Alienist. Do you know whether that is the same guy as the one you cites here? (It's about a child transvestite prostitute killer in late nineteenth century New York).

The only comment I can think of right now is really, that the whole thing eventually boils down to moral relativism or, iy you so want, the definition of freedom. If freedom can be defined objectively, then you can differentiate between freedom fighters and simple terrorists. I don't know, I would have put a paragragh saying that in the paper, something like "I will use the standard western definition" or borrow the line from the constitution, maybe?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 09:58:19 AM »

I've read a fictional novel from Caleb Carr called the Alienist. Do you know whether that is the same guy as the one you cites here? (It's about a child transvestite prostitute killer in late nineteenth century New York).

Its the same guy.  I have no idea if his novels are any good, but I enjoyed this book on terrorism he wrote.

The one I read was pretty good and had Teddy Roosevelt in it too. Smiley I didn't agree with the message, but still.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies