How do you think the incoming congress voted on the Presidential level?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:24:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  How do you think the incoming congress voted on the Presidential level?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How do you think the incoming congress voted on the Presidential level?  (Read 529 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 18, 2020, 11:57:14 PM »

In the Senate, Romney definately didn’t vote for Trump, and Murkowski and Collins prolly didn’t either. I bet someone else who has a good relationship with Biden secretly voted for him that we might not expect.

In the House, there’s no Democrats that I think would’ve voted against Biden; most progressive meme nerd indicated they would vote for them even if they weren’t all that enthusiastic. On the Republican side, I have a hard time seeing Fritzpatrick voting for Trump, same with MI-6. Even though Riggleman won’t be in the incoming congress he prolly voted for Biden. Rooney may have also voted Biden, after that no one pops into my brain
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 06:50:21 AM »

I would say :

Upton : Biden
Fitzpatrick : Biden
Murkowski : hard to tell, she is closer to Biden on many issues but Biden also wants to basically destroy her state's economy, so I'm not sure how she voted
Romney : write in or blank is the most plausible option but it's possible he voted for Biden
Collins : Trump
Toomey : ?
Van Drew / Chris Smith : in theory Trump but I could easily see them being secret Biden voters

Among those who are retiring I think that Hurd, Rooney and Riggleman all voted for Biden
forsythvoter

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 10:46:41 PM »

Here are my picks for cross-overs:

For the Dems, I wonder if Henry Cuellar in TX voted for Trump. If Trump's perception really did improve that much with Hispanics and he's relatively conservative compared to the average Hispanic voter. I can also see Tulsi Gabbard having voted third party.

For the Reps: I'm guessing Paul Mitchell in MI didn't vote for Trump if he actually left the party over Trump's fraud claims. Amash clearly didn't and it wouldn't surprise me if Upton didn't either. I can see Adam Kinzinger potentially also voting third party, given he's pretty moderate and has been a pretty vocal anti-Trumpist post-election. Romney said he didn't vote for Trump and I suspect he may have voted for Biden. I would guess Murkowski didn't but I don't think she voted for Biden. I'm pretty sure Collins voted for Trump given how she framed her election vote during the campaign ("Refuse to comment").

EDIT - just realized this is about the new Congress and Paul Mitchell and Tulsi Gabbard won't be part of it
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 11:11:46 PM »

In the Senate, Romney definately didn’t vote for Trump, and Murkowski and Collins prolly didn’t either. I bet someone else who has a good relationship with Biden secretly voted for him that we might not expect.

Not that many Republicans left who actually served with him in the Senate, though: Grassley, McConnell, Shelby, Inhofe, Collins, Crapo, Cornyn, Murkowski, Graham, Burr, Thune, Barrasso, Wicker, & Risch. That's only 25% of their conference, & even that's including Risch, who only "served" with Biden in the Senate for all of 12 days. Of the non-Collins/Murkowski options, maybe Lindsey Graham still secretly voted for Biden after everything? And/or maybe Grassley or Cornyn? Other than them, though, it's really slim pickings.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 11:47:43 PM »

For the Dems, I wonder if Henry Cuellar in TX voted for Trump. If Trump's perception really did improve that much with Hispanics and he's relatively conservative compared to the average Hispanic voter. I can also see Tulsi Gabbard having voted third party.

For the Reps: I'm guessing Paul Mitchell in MI didn't vote for Trump if he actually left the party over Trump's fraud claims. Amash clearly didn't and it wouldn't surprise me if Upton didn't either. I can see Adam Kinzinger potentially also voting third party, given he's pretty moderate and has been a pretty vocal anti-Trumpist post-election. Romney said he didn't vote for Trump and I suspect he may have voted for Biden. I would guess Murkowski didn't but I don't think she voted for Biden. I'm pretty sure Collins voted for Trump given how she framed her election vote during the campaign ("Refuse to comment").

EDIT - just realized this is about the new Congress and Paul Mitchell and Tulsi Gabbard won't be part of it

Henry Culler I believe was one of Biden's top donors at one point, so while I see where you're going and at face value it would make sense, he likely still voted for Biden at the end of the day.
forsythvoter

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2020, 11:53:04 PM »

Henry Culler I believe was one of Biden's top donors at one point, so while I see where you're going and at face value it would make sense, he likely still voted for Biden at the end of the day.

Oh, I didn't know that and wouldn't have expected that. Although, Biden does actually seem pretty moderate imo so it doesn't shock me that moderate Dems would be nearly unanimous in their support for him.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2020, 01:16:32 AM »

Collins voted for Trump more than once. The first time mattered the most.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2020, 02:32:37 AM »

Probably a lot of cowardly Republicans, especially in the Senate, secretly voted third party or maybe even for Biden. There is not much that any one Senator endorsing Biden can do, asides from ruin that person's career, but unfortunately if all the ones that actually despise Trump had said so maybe it would have had an impact.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies