GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:14:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 42
Poll
Question: Who will Brian Kemp appoint as Johnny Isakson’s successor?
Nathan Deal

Casey Cagle

Geoff Duncan

Brad Raffensperger

Chris Carr

Karen Handel

Rob Woodall

Doug Collins

Austin Scott

Drew Ferguson

Nick Ayers

Buddy Carter

Barry Loudermilk

Tom Price

Newt Gingrich

Jody Hice

Saxby Chambliss

Hunter Hill

Rick Allen

Brian Kemp

Tom Graves

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last  (Read 80124 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: February 20, 2020, 11:46:03 AM »

Doug Collins will beat Kelly Loeffler in the primary. I've said this before. And if he is the nominee, Georgia will probably be close to Tossup status.

1. There will be no Republican primary here. Collins and Loeffler will both be on the November ballot, along with all other candidates.
2. This race is a Tossup even if Loeffler advances to the runoff (and you could argue that she’d be easier to beat in a runoff than Collins).
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #451 on: February 20, 2020, 01:04:44 PM »

Doug Collins will beat Kelly Loeffler in the primary. I've said this before. And if he is the nominee, Georgia will probably be close to Tossup status.

1. There will be no Republican primary here. Collins and Loeffler will both be on the November ballot, along with all other candidates.

2. This race is a Tossup even if Loeffler advances to the runoff (and you could argue that she’d be easier to beat in a runoff than Collins).

What about that measure that was proceeding through the Georgia state legislature? I haven't heard anything more about it. Is it now dead?

As to your second point, I'm still not ready to declare Georgia a Tossup, though it is certainly close to being one. The state still has a slight Republican lean that has yet to be overcome, and I'm still not too sure that 2020 will be the year it happens.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #452 on: February 20, 2020, 01:21:21 PM »

What about that measure that was proceeding through the Georgia state legislature? I haven't heard anything more about it. Is it now dead?

As to your second point, I'm still not ready to declare Georgia a Tossup, though it is certainly close to being one. The state still has a slight Republican lean that has yet to be overcome, and I'm still not too sure that 2020 will be the year it happens.

The bill that's going through the house wouldn't take effect this year if it passes. I think it's for the 2022 cycle.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #453 on: February 20, 2020, 01:26:52 PM »

The bill that's going through the house wouldn't take effect this year if it passes. I think it's for the 2022 cycle.

I see. Well, in that case, I'll say that Collins will finish ahead of Loeffler in the jungle primary, and it probably won't be that close. The runoff would be close to a Tossup, then.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #454 on: February 21, 2020, 05:43:35 AM »

Interesting move from Trump, do you think that Collins could be interested ?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #455 on: February 21, 2020, 06:32:25 AM »

I think he's more interested in running for senate.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #456 on: February 21, 2020, 10:14:04 AM »

I think he's more interested in running for senate.

Having seen some private polling here, there is very little chance that Doug Collins will be persuaded out of this race.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #457 on: February 21, 2020, 12:20:59 PM »

Collins has already said he'll turn down the intelligence job.  (The jokes write themselves.)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #458 on: February 21, 2020, 12:26:21 PM »

Collins has already said he'll turn down the intelligence job.  (The jokes write themselves.)

My brain: "Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it."

Me: "Collins would actually need intelligence to do the job, & he's so afraid of intelligence that he doesn't even wanna direct it to his benefit. I mean, doesn't he know that national intelligence doesn't require you to actually have any functional mental intelligence, just loyalty to the Donald?"
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #459 on: February 21, 2020, 01:43:07 PM »

I wonder what Collins's internals look like
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #460 on: February 21, 2020, 03:33:33 PM »

I wonder what Collins's internals look like

There's another mental image I could have done without. Smiley
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #461 on: February 21, 2020, 04:56:43 PM »

Was there a more expensive house in Georgia that's outside Metro Atlanta? Or can we just dispense with the qualifiers and say she has the most expensive house in the entire state?
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #462 on: February 21, 2020, 05:13:53 PM »

The AJC is saying she’s been flying around on her private jet that lists for $7m that she just paid for in cash in December. Her office confirmed she owns it but didn’t say how much she paid for it.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #463 on: February 21, 2020, 07:16:13 PM »

The AJC is saying she’s been flying around on her private jet that lists for $7m that she just paid for in cash in December. Her office confirmed she owns it but didn’t say how much she paid for it.

What will good ole' boys Cletus and Jim Bob think of that?
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #464 on: February 21, 2020, 07:48:08 PM »

What will good ole' boys Cletus and Jim Bob think of that?

Probably not too well saying even Perdue always flies commercial (and I know this for a fact).
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #465 on: February 27, 2020, 05:46:55 PM »

DeKalb County CEO Michael Thurmond will NOT enter the Senate race: https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/the-jolt-michael-thurmond-will-seek-election-dekalb-ceo-forgoing-senate-bid/Ra2Y0oTaBkSxXFsXsnuLaK/.  Thurmond would have been a significant challenger for the Democratic nomination.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #466 on: February 27, 2020, 11:02:51 PM »

DeKalb County CEO Michael Thurmond will NOT enter the Senate race: https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/the-jolt-michael-thurmond-will-seek-election-dekalb-ceo-forgoing-senate-bid/Ra2Y0oTaBkSxXFsXsnuLaK/.  Thurmond would have been a significant challenger for the Democratic nomination.

Wish he'd enter the other race.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #467 on: February 28, 2020, 10:49:33 AM »

That's good. Some more ppl need to drop bc it's so crowded already.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #468 on: March 01, 2020, 07:26:26 AM »

Has anyone seen this anti-Collins ad about medicare for all? The only time I watch live tv is at work and I can't pause it to see who's paying for it.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #469 on: March 09, 2020, 02:37:12 PM »

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #470 on: March 19, 2020, 08:42:39 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2020, 09:03:18 PM by PA is Lean D »

Loeffler, alongside Senator Burr, was caught for Coronavirus insider trading.

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #471 on: March 19, 2020, 08:48:58 PM »

What the actual f**k was Kemp thinking when he picked her? She's been a complete disaster from the start in every way possible.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #472 on: March 19, 2020, 08:50:14 PM »

Loeffler apparently caught for insider trading.

Honestly, this isnt good news in terms of the Senate race. Basically solidifies that Collins ( the stronger candidate) will be republican.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #473 on: March 19, 2020, 08:51:48 PM »

Collins is pretty nuts and not a great fit for the suburbs so I'm not so sure he's that hard to defeat.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #474 on: March 19, 2020, 08:52:01 PM »

Loeffler apparently caught for insider trading.

Honestly, this isnt good news in terms of the Senate race. Basically solidifies that Collins ( the stronger candidate) will be republican.

They're both weak General Election candidates. The GOP will slide even further in the suburbs with Collins.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 42  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies