GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:40:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 42
Poll
Question: Who will Brian Kemp appoint as Johnny Isakson’s successor?
Nathan Deal

Casey Cagle

Geoff Duncan

Brad Raffensperger

Chris Carr

Karen Handel

Rob Woodall

Doug Collins

Austin Scott

Drew Ferguson

Nick Ayers

Buddy Carter

Barry Loudermilk

Tom Price

Newt Gingrich

Jody Hice

Saxby Chambliss

Hunter Hill

Rick Allen

Brian Kemp

Tom Graves

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last  (Read 80135 times)
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: March 19, 2020, 08:54:18 PM »

Is Loeffler the worst appointment of all-time?
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #476 on: March 19, 2020, 08:55:13 PM »

Wouldn't be surprised if she's forced to drop out after this
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #477 on: March 19, 2020, 08:58:46 PM »

I'll be contacting her office tomorrow demanding her resignation, and encourage all the other Georgians here to do the same (and tell your friends!)
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #478 on: March 19, 2020, 09:02:36 PM »

Sweet...Jesus...
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #479 on: March 19, 2020, 09:10:02 PM »

She’s certainly giving McSally a run for her money.

The hubris astounds me. Republicans are trying to do everything they can to lose these states it seems
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #480 on: March 19, 2020, 09:12:45 PM »

Loeffler apparently caught for insider trading.

Honestly, this isnt good news in terms of the Senate race. Basically solidifies that Collins ( the stronger candidate) will be republican.

They're both weak General Election candidates. The GOP will slide even further in the suburbs with Collins.
Collins is actually a solid candidate for the general. Think of it this way-- if Trump wins, so does Collins, and I could envision him outrunning Trump a bit. I can not say the same of Loeffler, particularly after this.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #481 on: March 19, 2020, 09:15:48 PM »

Honestly, this isnt good news in terms of the Senate race. Basically solidifies that Collins ( the stronger candidate) will be republican.

They're both weak General Election candidates. The GOP will slide even further in the suburbs with Collins.
Collins is actually a solid candidate for the general. Think of it this way-- if Trump wins, so does Collins, and I could envision him outrunning Trump a bit. I can not say the same of Loeffler, particularly after this.
The GOP is already max'xed out in the rurals, whereas they still have room for decline in the cities and suburbs.  Collins isn't exactly the type who can recover the GOP share of urban and suburban votes, whereas a non-corrupt Loeffler could help make up the difference.

And before you bring up Brian Kemp, he had his own unique style of campaigning.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #482 on: March 19, 2020, 09:16:56 PM »

The GOP is already max'xed out in the rurals, whereas they still have room for decline in the cities and suburbs.  Collins isn't exactly the type who can recover the GOP share of urban and suburban votes, whereas a non-corrupt Loeffler could help make up the difference.

Yeah, it was called voter suppression.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #483 on: March 19, 2020, 09:20:21 PM »

#hottake: Kelly Loeffler would almost definitely lose to Warnock if she went to the runoff after this
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #484 on: March 19, 2020, 09:22:56 PM »

A style Collins can't replicate? He ran, and Collins is running, as a Trump sycophant. And I do not see Collins doing worse than Trump in suburbs, probably a smidge better still.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #485 on: March 19, 2020, 09:24:02 PM »

#hottake: Kelly Loeffler would almost definitely lose to Warnock if she went to the runoff after this
Why is this a hot take? I'd say she is more likely to be criminally prosecuted than win a full term after this lol
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #486 on: March 19, 2020, 09:25:49 PM »

Why is this a hot take? I'd say she is more likely to be criminally prosecuted than win a full term after this lol

Because some people in this thread think the fact that she has a vagina gives her “unique appeal” to the suburbs
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #487 on: March 19, 2020, 09:27:21 PM »

Loeffler is a succesful, self-made businesswoman, but you don't do this crap while you are in office.

Loeffler will probably not last long.

Collins can defeat Warnock by 2-3 points and if a Democrat wins in 2020 could probably hold on to this seat in the 2022 election. He won't have to face voters again until 2028, when demographics will be changing Georgia.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #488 on: March 19, 2020, 09:29:22 PM »

If Warnock defeats any of them, it is because he turned out Atlanta black voters, Stacey Abrams' machine helped, and Biden-Harris or Biden-Demings probably won GA.

Warnock would probably lose in 2022 or 2028 to Austin Scott or Tom Graves...
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #489 on: March 19, 2020, 10:39:40 PM »

I'll be contacting her office tomorrow demanding her resignation, and encourage all the other Georgians here to do the same (and tell your friends!)
Same.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #490 on: March 19, 2020, 10:54:29 PM »

Dang Kelly, you spent all this money to be in the Senate for 2 months.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #491 on: March 20, 2020, 01:29:50 AM »

LOCK HER UP!
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #492 on: March 20, 2020, 05:55:10 AM »

Collins would be toxic in the suburbs.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #493 on: March 20, 2020, 06:00:27 AM »

Kemp was supposed to be too.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #494 on: March 20, 2020, 06:14:10 AM »

What the actual f**k was Kemp thinking when he picked her? She's been a complete disaster from the start in every way possible.

Are there any Georgia posters (or people more in tune to state politics) who know why on earth Kemp picked her? Was it a literal F you to every elected republican in Georgia?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #495 on: March 20, 2020, 06:16:13 AM »

Roland Burris says hi.

Are there any Georgia posters (or people more in tune to state politics) who know why on earth Kemp picked her? Was it a literal F you to every elected republican in Georgia?

She is a woman with lots of money, married to a husband with even more money.
That's about it.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #496 on: March 20, 2020, 06:34:42 AM »

What the actual f**k was Kemp thinking when he picked her? She's been a complete disaster from the start in every way possible.

Her ability to keep the seat for the GOP by self-funding & (presumably) not being as much of an electoral disaster for the GOP in the suburbs as Collins.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #497 on: March 20, 2020, 07:18:17 AM »

No moreso than Trump presumably.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #498 on: March 20, 2020, 07:35:37 AM »

Can't wait for our Democratic Senate Majority
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #499 on: March 20, 2020, 07:52:10 AM »

Her ability to keep the seat for the GOP by self-funding & (presumably) not being as much of an electoral disaster for the GOP in the suburbs as Collins.
Even Handel would do better then LOLfer.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 42  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies