GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:23:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will Brian Kemp appoint as Johnny Isakson’s successor?
Nathan Deal

Casey Cagle

Geoff Duncan

Brad Raffensperger

Chris Carr

Karen Handel

Rob Woodall

Doug Collins

Austin Scott

Drew Ferguson

Nick Ayers

Buddy Carter

Barry Loudermilk

Tom Price

Newt Gingrich

Jody Hice

Saxby Chambliss

Hunter Hill

Rick Allen

Brian Kemp

Tom Graves

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last  (Read 80060 times)
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 23, 2020, 07:40:40 AM »

Warnock is the best candidate we could get short of Stacey Abrams. I'm skeptical that Georgia can flip in a Presidential year, but we'll see.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 12:51:39 PM »

However, I'm not so sure about his chances in the general. Georgia is still a Republican state (on balance, and in terms of actual partisan control of the government/congressional delegation), but it is now competitive, and I can't imagine Collins having any real appeal with moderate suburban voters. However, I do believe that if Perdue and Trump are carrying Georgia, then Collins will win as well.

This race (almost certainly) will go to a runoff between the top 2 finishers, regardless of party, in January. The jungle primary coincides with the November/general election. I don't think this necessarily changes much, if anything, about your analysis, which I agree with, other than the mechanics, plus the increased likelihood, I would think, that the Republican would win the January runoff, because of the way turnout works in Georgia.

There likely won't be a jungle primary

I thought Kemp was going to veto the change?
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 07:10:32 AM »

Good. Other than Abrams, Warnock is probably the best candidate we could have gotten.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 06:00:27 AM »

Loeffler apparently caught for insider trading.

Honestly, this isnt good news in terms of the Senate race. Basically solidifies that Collins ( the stronger candidate) will be republican.

They're both weak General Election candidates. The GOP will slide even further in the suburbs with Collins.
Collins is actually a solid candidate for the general. Think of it this way-- if Trump wins, so does Collins, and I could envision him outrunning Trump a bit. I can not say the same of Loeffler, particularly after this.

Collins would be toxic in the suburbs.

Kemp was supposed to be too.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies