GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:28:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will Brian Kemp appoint as Johnny Isakson’s successor?
Nathan Deal

Casey Cagle

Geoff Duncan

Brad Raffensperger

Chris Carr

Karen Handel

Rob Woodall

Doug Collins

Austin Scott

Drew Ferguson

Nick Ayers

Buddy Carter

Barry Loudermilk

Tom Price

Newt Gingrich

Jody Hice

Saxby Chambliss

Hunter Hill

Rick Allen

Brian Kemp

Tom Graves

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last  (Read 80112 times)
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« on: August 28, 2019, 10:56:23 AM »

Oh please no.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 04:18:40 PM »

Bad decision for McBath if true. She's WAY more likely to win re-election to GA-06 than to win statewide in an open senate seat. Also increases Republican odds in the 6th.

I wouldn't go that far. GA-06 fits the profile of a district that will move towards the Democrats next year. If the Senate/Presidential races are in any way competitive in Georgia next year, the Democratic nominees should provide sufficient coattails for the GA-06 Dem.

At the very least, McBath is definitely one of the better recruits for this race. She could probably come the closest to replicating the Abrams coalition, and her gun control message is also one that could resonate with a lot of voters - both African-Americans as well as some whites in the Atlanta metro. Also, I think if she were to enter other prospective Democrats would not run in deference to her - this is important because the Democrats would need to consolidate around one candidate if they want any chance to win the special on election night.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 04:26:58 PM »

Bad decision for McBath if true. She's WAY more likely to win re-election to GA-06 than to win statewide in an open senate seat. Also increases Republican odds in the 6th.

I wouldn't go that far. GA-06 fits the profile of a district that will move towards the Democrats next year. If the Senate/Presidential races are in any way competitive in Georgia next year, the Democratic nominees should provide sufficient coattails for the GA-06 Dem.

At the very least, McBath is definitely one of the better recruits for this race. She could probably come the closest to replicating the Abrams coalition, and her gun control message is also one that could resonate with a lot of voters - both African-Americans as well as some whites in the Atlanta metro. Also, I think if she were to enter other prospective Democrats would not run in deference to her - this is important because the Democrats would need to consolidate around one candidate if they want any chance to win the special on election night.

Yeah, but this message won't resonate outside of the Atlanta metro area and she will get absolutely trounced in small towns

She doesn't need those voters. They are already very conservative and the outstate region is only making up a smaller share of Georgia's electorate over time.

Abrams also got trounced in those areas and still managed to lose by only 1%.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 06:38:32 PM »

Gov. Kemp is now taking job applications for the appointment to the seat.

Apparently, it's all about transparency.

Make of that what you will. I wonder if there will be televised job interviews for the finalists, that would be something.
I wonder if someone who lives in Georgia and is on atlas will sign up because why not.
Adam Griffin would be perfect, but I don't think he'd downgrade from President to Senate. Tongue
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 02:18:10 PM »
« Edited: November 30, 2019, 02:39:25 PM by gracile »

So what are the odds that Lieberman can actually take in the majority in the first round?

Very low. It's going to be pretty much impossible unless the Democrats can consolidate around a single candidate, and frankly, I don't think Lieberman is capable of performing that role. I'm hoping someone else jumps in.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 11:30:30 PM »

I almost couldn’t watch this ad. She’s so wooden and fake. Collins will mop the floor with her in a debate.

She sounds so uncomfortable in this ad - really doesn't play the conservative firebrand part well.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 07:05:38 PM »

I was a little skeptical of Warnock because of his lack of political experience, but I would support him because he seems like the kind of candidate who could boost African-American turnout the most out of all the prospective candidates (which is critical for Democrats' winning path in Georgia).
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2020, 09:22:11 AM »

Cook has moved the Georgia Senate special election to Lean R (was Likely R), citing Collins’ and Warnock’s entrances into the race as a major factor-

https://cookpolitical.com/analysis/senate/georgia-senate/georgia-senate-special-election-moves-likely-lean-republican
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 03:42:01 PM »

Collins taking shots at one of Loeffler's ads:

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies