Political future of North Carolina (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:32:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Political future of North Carolina (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Political future of North Carolina  (Read 4279 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: July 28, 2019, 06:04:53 PM »

Probably Florida 2.0

With New Hanover as the Jacksonville area, The Triangle as Orlando/Tampa, Buncombe as Gainesville, Charlotte as Miami-Dade, Western NC as the Panhandle, and Eastern NC as the I-4 Corridor.

I agree with this. NC will probably end up as a much close, swingy state that tilts ever so slightly more Republican than the nation.

Could any other state join this "Tilt R" column of states and voters that usually vote Republican but can be persuaded under unique circumstances. Basically the reason why every election in the last 30 years has either been a heartbreaker or a non-quite-a-landslide for Democrats.

I imagine these people are your typical 45 year old suburban white people who did well in college but have their degree in something somewhat easy from a school that is somewhat easy to get in. Most of them have boring jobs  in low rise office parks with good but not great pay. Maybe 75000 a year. They probably have someone at home who probably takes care of the place but probably brings in like 30000 or the side.  You know. The type of people who claim not to have serious problems with women's rights or gay rights but probably felt "taken advantage of" by Obamacare but eventually got used to it. They probably are open to some of Trump's ideas on immigration, but not trade. Most of them will say they "disapprove" of Trump but unless the Democrats are winning, basically all of them will hold their nose for him.

In states like Colorado or Virginia, they probably kept voting for Hillary and will never vote for Trump but many of them still identify as Republicans and Independents.

They are the reason that if an election is decided by less than 3%, the Republicans will win.

Your scorn is showing...

“There must be SOME explanation for cosmopolitan professionals who aren’t like me!”
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 06:26:23 PM »

“There must be SOME explanation for cosmopolitan professionals who aren’t like me!”

Sounds like a question you’d also ask as a cosmopolitan Republican voter.

Boooooom !
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies