Change my view: Hillary wins orange county no matter who gop nominee is (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:08:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Change my view: Hillary wins orange county no matter who gop nominee is (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Change my view: Hillary wins orange county no matter who gop nominee is  (Read 2726 times)
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« on: September 06, 2019, 05:32:31 AM »

Disagree, although it probably won't matter going forward. Trump has fundamentally realigned Orange County into the Democratic column.

Yeah, and Orange County voted straight Democratic up and down the ticket for all the statewide elected offices in 2018 minus the Insurance Commissioner (and that could have been because the once Republican Steve Poizner ran as an Independent instead of a Trumplican). Does anybody know when the last time was when Democrats swept all the statewides in the OC? Surely it has to be sometime around 1936 when FDR was the last Democrat to carry it in a presidential election up until 2016.

Governor: Newsom+ 0.28
Lt. Governor (D vs. D): Kounalakis+ 7.06
Secretary of State: Padilla+ 4.58
State Treasurer: Ma+ 3.62
Attorney General: Becerra+ 3.32
Controller: Yee+ 5.84
Insurance Commissioner: Poizner+ 16.06

Perhaps that's the future of the Trumplican Party in California: just run as an independent. The magic (R) after a candidate's name seems to be stigmata to voters out there in crucial counties like Orange.
Maybe Hillary was just a good fit for the county? She won it both times during the primaries.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies