UK General Discussion: 2019. Blackadder goes Brexit. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:15:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Discussion: 2019. Blackadder goes Brexit. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Discussion: 2019. Blackadder goes Brexit.  (Read 71019 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: August 02, 2019, 08:58:13 AM »

Doesn’t anyone know for sure what this is? Some speculated Frank Field (now not happening for sure) or Kate Hoey joining, but looking at the Brexit Party Twitter account, it seems as this was meant for constituency announcements. Is that true?

Maybe announcement of the Westminster candidates they picked last month,
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 08:30:56 AM »

TIN and CHUK would be very uncomfortable with the man who basically ran them out of Labour Party being PM.

I didn't know their egos was a man.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 10:13:19 AM »

So if Corbyn (or indeed some hypothetical "unity" figure) could get all non-Tory MPs behind them, they would at least have a chance.

Again, the issue isn't Corbyn. It is in the interest of Change UK and their spin-offs to have an election as late as possible, so their MPs don't get unemployed.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 03:58:23 PM »

So if Corbyn (or indeed some hypothetical "unity" figure) could get all non-Tory MPs behind them, they would at least have a chance.

Again, the issue isn't Corbyn. It is in the interest of Change UK and their spin-offs to have an election as late as possible, so their MPs don't get unemployed.
No, the entire issue is Corbyn.  He is toxic and I don't know why leftists here want to defend him.

I don't like Corbyn but he is less toxic than the "centrist" careerists of Change UK (who are polling 0%, so clearly I'm not alone thinking that).
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 03:11:27 PM »

Well not really- all of change know they’re going to lose/retire so they’d happily back a Harman Govt in extending/revoking A50 and bowing out- the biggest egos and ones most worried about losing are Chukka, Heidi and Wollaston- all of whom are expected to run as Lib Dem’s and have a tiny chance of being elected.

They’re entire existence is about not thinking JC is fit to be Leader of Labour- so why would they make him PM when an alternative to stopping Brexit exists

Because that alternative doesn't exist and is not on table despite LD screams. It's Corbyn PM or No Deal Brexit.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 05:43:54 PM »

Jewish MP leaves Labour due to antisemitism.

@LouiseEllman
"I have made the truly agonising decision to leave the Labour Party after 55 years. I can no longer advocate voting Labour when it risks Corbyn becoming PM. I will continue to serve the people of Liverpool Riverside as I have had the honour to do since 1997."

"Under Jeremy Corbyn's leadership, antisemitism has become mainstream in the Labour Party. Jewish members have been bullied, abused and driven out. Antisemites have felt comfortable and vile conspiracy theories have been propagated. A party that permits anti-Jewish racism to flourish cannot be called anti-racist."

due to the fact she was about to be deselected.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 05:51:41 PM »

Jewish MP leaves Labour due to antisemitism.

@LouiseEllman
"I have made the truly agonising decision to leave the Labour Party after 55 years. I can no longer advocate voting Labour when it risks Corbyn becoming PM. I will continue to serve the people of Liverpool Riverside as I have had the honour to do since 1997."

"Under Jeremy Corbyn's leadership, antisemitism has become mainstream in the Labour Party. Jewish members have been bullied, abused and driven out. Antisemites have felt comfortable and vile conspiracy theories have been propagated. A party that permits anti-Jewish racism to flourish cannot be called anti-racist."

due to the fact she was about to be deselected.

Yeah, she has been bullied by anti-Semites in her CLP pretty much non-stop over a period of years.

She been using the fact she was Jewish to deflect any critizism.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies