State Opening of the Third Council of Lincoln
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:23:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  State Opening of the Third Council of Lincoln
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State Opening of the Third Council of Lincoln  (Read 773 times)
Peanut
Costa Rica

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 25, 2019, 10:01:58 PM »

Image source: El Mundo.cr, Discurso de Carlos Alvarado

State Opening
of the Third Council of Lincoln

Verum Potestatem Facit Lex
July 25, 2019

Good evening, esteemed Councillors, Right Honorable Chancellor, esteemed Speaker Pyro, and good evening to every Lincolnite from Maine to Illinois tuning in tonight to this momentous occasion. It is truly a hallmark of our democracy and a testament to our region's greatness to have seven wonderful Councillors here tonight. I recall a few months ago we heard that our government would be a failure: that the pits of inactivity and disrepair Lincoln found itself upon were inescapable, and that we were doomed to inactive legislatures and an indifferent citizenry. After one of the most active legislatures in our region's history, I'm pleased to say we proved them wrong. We have continued an upward course ever since the First Council when we had The Right Honorable DKrol as Chancellor and Councillors Comrade, PyroTheFox, Lfromnj, and Thr33. Three of those who served then are here tonight too (and the other two are representing us in Congress in Nyman), a true testament to commitment and activity.

Last Council we had several landmark moments that I know will continue making our region proud: we started working hard on a budget. We confirmed a regional Justice. We worked for sensible gun control reform. We prioritized healthcare. We tackled social and individual rights for our people.

And yet now, as both Governor and Councillors embark upon the challenges of a new term, our work is quite clearly cut out. I want to see this be a Council that will leave our region's fiduciary and economic management be a shining example to the other two regions: we will pass our budget and make it one for hardworking Lincolnites and we will negotiate repeal of the One True North Act in order to solve trade issues with our Southern and Fremontian neighbors (contingent, of course, upon a fair shake for all three of us). We will work for healthcare and its role in the budget. We will protect each and every Lincolnite. I make a promise to have a much more active role in drafting and setting policy.

We are here tonight after a Council that will, admittedly, be a tough act to follow. And yet I know that we can make it one better than ever before: I have no doubts in my head about the skills and dedication of our wonderful seven Councillors. For these next two months, let's truly be the greatest government Lincoln has had.

Now, Chancellor PSOL has informed me he believes he has the confidence of the Council to be reappointed to the position. As such, I urge all Councillors to vote AYE! or NAY! on The Right Honorable's request.

Thank you Lincoln, and thank you Atlasia! Let's truly make our citizens and our region proud!
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 10:42:37 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2019, 08:17:48 AM by Pyro »

Source

On behalf of all members present in this legislature, I offer our sincerest gratitude to His Excellency the Governor for his encouraging words this evening. We indeed have no shortage of tasks set before us and it is our solemn responsibility to address each with swift debate and decisive action. From ensuring fair trade to settling budgetary standards, I believe we unanimously understand the significance and urgency of these concerns.

Now, having heard the opening statement, the Council shall come to order. As your last Speaker of the Council of Lincoln, I shall officially open the vote of confidence. On the matter of selecting Councilor PSOL as Chancellor of Lincoln, and thereby resolving that this Council has confidence in His Excellency's Government as led by Councilor PSOL, the voting period shall last 24 Hours, or until all members duly elected have voted. All those in favor, "AYE". All those opposed, "NAY".

I vote AYE!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 07:02:28 AM »

Once more, the ball is in the speaker's court

Nay!
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 07:42:54 AM »

Source

I will vote Aye!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 10:30:55 AM »
« Edited: July 26, 2019, 08:34:50 PM by PSOL »

Thank you your excellency Governor Peanut. If elected, I swear to bring a new era of professional results to the Lincoln Region. I hope the other councilors can agree that I’m the right person for this job.

I plan to have a full cabinet made by the best people there is. Other than the big three; I will fill up the new cabinets of the ministry of Education, Festivities, The Arts, Landless People’s, Public Spaces (think parks), General of the National Guard (by the discretion of the governor, mind you), and Labour. These positions will allow the government to be run more smoothly along with serving the people to the fullest ability. We just need the governor to sign off on a Gun Registry head, as is his right, for a full cabinet for the people of Lincoln. I will appoint the Labourites, Paxxers, and a few liberals of Lincoln who show exceptional ability to lead in these fields. I do however urge the governor to appoint an npc in Atlasia who has the galls to lead the Bureau of Firearms Safety.

On other matters, I will continue to operate my duties as Chancellor by opening up a new legislation thread. But before all that happens, I need to be elected

AYE
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 09:08:52 PM »

I will vote AYE!
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 12:28:07 AM »

Source

Thank you, Councilors. The vote has now closed.

Aye: 4 (Pyro, PSOL, Ishan, NyIndy)
Nay: 2 (DKrol, Thr33)
Abstain: 0
Not Voting: 1 (Wazza)

With a majority in favor, PSOL has earned this Council's confidence and has been named Chancellor.
Now he must name his recommendation for Speaker.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2019, 12:44:35 AM »

I thank my supporters for bringing us this momentous moment for the magnificent region of Lincoln. I plan to start getting busy as soon as possible. See my official office for details on the Speaker of Lincoln.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2019, 01:59:06 AM »

Source

I bid a humble thank you to the Right and Honorable Chancellor for the nomination and I formally do accept this position should I be elected. On this matter, that of selecting Councilor PyroThefox as Speaker of the Lincoln Council, the vote shall now be opened. The voting period shall last 24 Hours, or until all members duly elected have voted. All those in favor, "AYE". All those opposed, "NAY".

I vote AYE!
Wazza [INACTIVE]
Wazza1901
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2019, 05:04:53 AM »

Nay
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2019, 09:26:13 AM »

Aye
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2019, 09:33:05 AM »

Once more, the ball is in the speaker's court

Aye!
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2019, 12:10:11 PM »

Aye
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2019, 01:59:14 AM »

Source

Thank you, Councilors. The vote has now closed.

Aye: 5 (Pyro, PSOL, DKrol, NyIndy, Thr33)
Nay: 1 (Wazza)
Abstain: 0
Not Voting: 1 (Ishan)

With a majority in favor, I have been confirmed as your Council Speaker.
I am glad to have attained cross-party support in this vote. Thank you.

It is now time for those opposed to this Government select the Leader of Opposition.

Beyond this, all matters related to the State Opening are concluded subject to the Governor's closing remarks.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2019, 06:49:35 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2019, 06:54:29 PM by PSOL »

With the successful voting of the Speaker and Chancellor, it is now time to open up voting on the official Opposition Leader of the Lincoln Council. The vote is now in session to confirm the following candidate for the role, thr33. Members of the Atlasian opposition only, please vote AYE, NAY, or Abstain for the 24 hours the voting procedure is open.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2019, 09:09:02 PM »

Aye.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2019, 06:50:31 PM »

The vote is now closed.

AYE: 2
NAY: 0
ABSTAIN: 0

thr33 is elected unanimously.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2019, 09:08:54 PM »

The vote is now closed.

AYE: 2
NAY: 0
ABSTAIN: 0

thr33 is elected unanimously.

Let's avoid thorny questions and let me certify the vote, thank you.

With two votes in favor and zero against, and one member not voting, Thr33 is elected Leader of My Most Loyal Opposition
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2019, 09:11:41 PM »

If I may, I'd like to congratulate the excellent use of pictures from those who have offered the sources. For those of you who haven't, please do so as soon as possible or I'll have to take action on it.

(Still, this dynamic is wonderful)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies