If Texas flips it may set of a beginning of a totally new realignment of the map (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:57:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  If Texas flips it may set of a beginning of a totally new realignment of the map (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Texas flips it may set of a beginning of a totally new realignment of the map  (Read 4758 times)
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.00, S: 6.00

« on: August 10, 2019, 06:34:53 PM »

The nation is rapidly polarizing.  I honesty could see calls for secession/balkanization become relevant. Especially if trends continue and the EC goes blue, but Senate goes red and stays that way (more states are red than blue, republicans being more likely to ticket split is the only thing giving the dems a chance in the senate, and ticket splitting is declining).  This results in a deadlocked nation where neither side can get anything done.  Call me crazy, but that sounds like a recipe for trouble.  Peaceful separation may be the best option.  Neither side wants to be dominated by the other.
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 11:09:12 PM »

Peaceful separation may be the best option.  Neither side wants to be dominated by the other.

How do we peacefully separate when our divide is a sea of ruby red rural areas with large pockets of blue metros scattered about it? What would a city like Chicago or Atlanta do?

The 1850’s had a much clearer diving line.
Chicago is very distinct from its surroundings and would likely be a city state, would be more populated than many European countries.  Atlanta is less distinct and blends in well with the black belt and deep south.   Politically, the deep and upland south are trending differently.
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 02:58:36 AM »

The nation is rapidly polarizing.  I honesty could see calls for secession/balkanization become relevant. Especially if trends continue and the EC goes blue, but Senate goes red and stays that way (more states are red than blue, republicans being more likely to ticket split is the only thing giving the dems a chance in the senate, and ticket splitting is declining).  This results in a deadlocked nation where neither side can get anything done.  Call me crazy, but that sounds like a recipe for trouble.  Peaceful separation may be the best option.  Neither side wants to be dominated by the other.
You realize that that would be practically impossible? With a few exceptions (rural Texas panhandle or inner city Chicago) no place is 100% to one side. Splitting America into a red and blue nation would do absolutely nothing good. And if you wanna do a "partition" with people moving and all that...no, just look at how those things have worked out in the past.

Plus you have to realize that 1) areas shift, often pretty quickly, like look at Orange County or West Virginia. Second of all, even if you managed to put every Trump voter in one area and every Clinton voter in another, kids don't always grow up having the same beliefs as their parents. Wouldn't it suck to live in a nation where literally nobody agrees with you?

Point being, this is a dumb idea in so many ways.
I'm not saying one red nation one blue nation.  US political, demographic, and cultural geography are more complicated than that.  This isn't just about red vs blue.  Many underlying factors create that dichotomy in the first place.  Likely each area would develop its own system.  Maybe some multi party systems.  Maybe some one party systems.  I could still see a lot of economic cooperation between sections, but on issues like immigration, maybe the California Republic wants tons and the Great Lakes Federation wants very little.  Or Dixie wants to ban abortion but New England wants liberal laws on it.  Many possibilities.
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 02:24:46 PM »

Republicans will have a narrow path to victory if TX goes blue in the future. They could win MN, NH, ME and lose AZ and they'd be fine. Yes, I did current 2024 projections and if Republicans win 2016+MN, NH, ME at large and lose TX and AZ they'd be at 271. Pulling an upset victory in VA or a solidly Democratic state in the Northeast would open up more options too.

I don't even think TX will flip blue for a few more cycles anyway and I think the GOP can still win TX in a best case scenario long after the current era.

If they lose TX they will lose GA as well
Depends how receptive the Trump judiciary is to GA GOP's last ditch effort to keep the state.  If they ok it, we can do more purges, change early voting protocols, and reduce polling stations in heavily D precincts.  Depends if R's have the balls to do what it takes to win.
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 03:20:05 PM »

we can do more purges, change early voting protocols, and reduce polling stations in heavily D precincts.  Depends if R's have the balls to do what it takes to win.

You want the US to split up AND you support voter suppression?

Sounds like you have a hefty amount of 1860’s memorabilia in your closet.
lol, I'm actually not a southerner.  Nor do I own a confederate flag.  I just don't like 1 party dem rule.  Dems cheat demographically, by importing their demographics to outnumber us.  Need to counter it somehow.
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 05:13:44 PM »

I see some blue avvies here fully admit their party wants voter suppression. The GOP is so afraid of losing their white majority, that they're afraid of us brown folks voting, hilarious.
Yeah, because I don't like 1 party left wing rule.  How evil.  The real cheating is seeking to change the makeup of the entire country because the population switches off on which party it elects, and Dems don't like that!
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 10:10:54 PM »

I see some blue avvies here fully admit their party wants voter suppression. The GOP is so afraid of losing their white majority, that they're afraid of us brown folks voting, hilarious.
Yeah, because I don't like 1 party left wing rule.  How evil.  The real cheating is seeking to change the makeup of the entire country because the population switches off on which party it elects, and Dems don't like that!

Are you naturally this dumb? This isn't and wasn't meant to be a white country, it's not my fault y'alls people don't have kids and we do lmao. But yeah, let's stop brown people from voting because y'all can't appeal to us, have fun losing idiot.
It's not just race.  There are white liberal areas and minority conservative areas
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies